Voice Reel: Soul Reaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Reel: Soul Reaver

Got a new & above all, more professional recording setup, and someone actually requested this. I'm glad they did.

Hadn't thought about this series in a long time. Shame on me.

Hit me right in the feels. Such a great series lost...
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Damn right. Never has there been a more stylish series than this one.
      Still, maybe Square Enix can- *Sees Nosgoth & LoK - Dead Sun* ... Nevermind.

Comment

Good job, didn't realise before but Elder God is Megabyte from ReBoot.
        Last edited by Mikhail; 06-23-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

And Shir Khan from The Jungle Book :3

Comment

this brings back too many memories
            I had a screen name yeeaars ago in honor of Kain, I used to bully people with it lol. I loved saying that "Cast him in!" part xD

Comment

So after all the nostalgia, did you urge someone that Janos must remain dead?
              .............. *Taps microphone* This thing on?

Also, I had to say that line a few times to psyche myself up for the scream. It's still the original actor in this of course, because his voice is just that awesome :3 'False god! You have reached the end! The final turn of your wheel.'
              Mind you, every single voiceover in that game was incredible.

Comment

lol!
                Yeah, Kain had some awesome lines too
                My fave was the one about defying the tyrannous stars, now I feel like playing defiance... and fighting someone

Comment

They took a pretty big chance with that level of writing during that time of gaming. And they managed to get so many actors with a high profile in some regard! Watched some of the outtakes you get to see & it's funny to watch Kain & Elder God talk to each other like they do X3
                  So many good quotes, so little time

I hear they discovered giant squids a while back. Maybe one of them speaks like Tony Jay & tells you he exists in places you cannot find.
                  And so, the search for the weirdest reincarnation ever began that day...

Comment

Yeah, it was ahead of it's time for sure, sadly underrated as well since I don't know many who have gotten into that series. It was hard for me to pick which one I liked more, Raziel or Kain... though I think if I reallly had to choose I'd pick Kain, he was so bad it was cool

I also like the colors used in the game, I paint a lot these days so I have an appreciation for that kind of thing

Comment

Yeah it's definitely more of a hipster kinda series these days. Y'know, for when somebody goes up to their friend & they're all 'OMG this is the most amazing thing since bread!' & then everyone else goes 'Pfff, we liked it before it was cool'. But concerning a favourite character? Well, I'd like to say Raziel, not just because I've tried doing the voice of him but also because he's a different kind of badass, being all tragic & somewhat relatable in ways... Kain really does have an awesome voice. And some of the best lines. And awesome hair

Oh god yeah, that game just had so much style it actually hurt in places. I noticed details like vines that were swinging about in the breeze on Soul Reaver. They would've actually had to put that in themselves. Back in the days of when artstyle meant more than the prettiest graphics, that was a game that left no stone unturned. That's probably why I like things like Xenoblade Chronicles as well; Making most of what you have with limited resources you've got. But anyway, this ain't about Shulk. It's about Raziel!... Or maybe Kain?
                      This thread is about to have an identity crisis
                      Last edited by SheyGrell; 07-20-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X