When there is no more room in Hell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
    The site you guys are talking about is REMS (RE Mega Site), which is still online over at the Planet network on GameSpy.

As for ihatecapcom.com... that was Resident Evil Extreme (aka. resident-evil.org). It used to be run by one of my best online buddies, Tom aka. GhaleonX. I worked with him on a survival horror site which was supposed to be part of the same network called Survival Horror Extreme - survivalhorror.net. I was really gutted that site never really took off... it was freakin awesome in it's time.... but anyway...

...welcome to THIA again The John Doe.
    Isnt REMS that Jason guy who stole pretty much everyones site content back in the day and claimed it as his own? Or am I thinking of someone else? Also, Didnt GhaleonX marry "Alexia" from her Twin Telepathy boards? Where are those two anyway? They used to be staples of the community. I still remember his Resident Evil Pokemon flash.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-31-2007, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Many sites have Risen and Fallen that I myself had witnessed.

People copied each other (As was stated up there ^ ) or joined together (Married as ^ he said it) to the point that many became so painfully mediocre they were generic. Rival and civil conflicts sent others spiraling down. And as I had said earlier - Too many forums of sites got WAY too big for their own breeches when it came to members. Meaning : Any one who wasn’t one of the Founding Fathers or part of their cliques, had an extremely hard time getting accepted. Not to say you wasn’t allowed in. You just wasn’t accepted in the group. Reason being why I never remained in any of these places long.

In short : I visited the majority of the sites that were named in this subject and I though they all kicked just as much ass as was reported. But this was “Back In The Day” and sadly those days are over.... Hell I don’t even know where they are at now.

THIA was the site for me “Back In The Day.” And to be honest : So far it seems just as good as ever.

Anyways... “Dude” that old sig of yours ruled. You need to bring it back. For anyone who hadn’t seen it and loved the movie would enjoy it. It looked like the cover of the movie “The Devils Rejects”, with Jeff Bridges and John Goodman walking down the road, with John Good man armed with his 9mm Pistol and Jeff Bridges with his Bowling Ball bag. To look more like “The Devil’s Rejects” they should put Donny between them, with that wild look on his face.
      Last edited by The John Doe; 07-31-2007, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        Isnt REMS that Jason guy who stole pretty much everyones site content back in the day and claimed it as his own? Or am I thinking of someone else? Also, Didnt GhaleonX marry "Alexia" from her Twin Telepathy boards? Where are those two anyway? They used to be staples of the community. I still remember his Resident Evil Pokemon flash.
        REMS was/is a different site. JRES is what you're thinking of (Jason's RE Site).

I dunno if they got married, but he moved from Jersey to where she was (Georgia IIRC) to be with her. Alexia moved "into" REE after a while when they were together. I fairly sure it didn't last though. She was still there even when Tom was gone from the net (being away in the army or whatever) though because she was there when the forum was resurrected. Ice might know more than I do at that point because that was when he was involved in the forum coming back... but I lost touch with most of the people on there and online in general for a while in like the later half of 2003 or 2004.

Comment

Ahh thanks for the history lesson ;) Any word on what R@mmy is up to? I think you guys are pretty close or at least keep in touch.

Comment

Working in print, website, and advertising design at some firm in his town. I manage to talk to him frequently enough still... I do miss his site work though. I look at stuff that we did like Umbrella Corp/, and I still think it's really awesome. If I ever get the chance to put together a company where I need a designer, he'd be the guy I'd hire.

Comment

I never really saw the point of having a million different websites with information spread thin. I have always been in favor of trying to get one congruent all encompassing website made. A pipe dream to be sure.

Comment

Kind of a bump, but wow.

John Doe is old school THIA. I think you might have even been on the boards when I first registered back in like, 99.

I still have your aim name on my old list, but I don't think you have it anymore.
                Last edited by Nikovich; 09-30-2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Long....Long time ago.. Back in the day when days were bearable and nights were enjoyable and.... Ahhh Hell.
                  Nice to see you Fox. There is only one diehard Starfox fanatic I have met, and that’s you. No mistaking that. I think I still got my AIM. Will have to check. I know I still have Ice on it.
                  Sadly You and Ice are the only two people I seem to recognize anymore. At least recognize from the old T.H.I.A. days that is.

Comment

Hola, John Doe. I've just returned from a prolonged abscence myself, today, so greetings.

Comment

welcome back.. even though i don't know you

i feel so new because of all these vets

Comment

Originally posted by SinValentine View Post
                        welcome back.. even though i don't know you

i feel so new because of all these vets
                        You tell me, I'm pretty new around here..

Comment

If it ain't the old Brit himself. Where is the kewel grim reaper style icon you had?

Comment

Oh, I still have it the Dark Archon somewhere. Let's see...ah, there it is.

Comment

That's a nice avatar!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SinValentine View Post
                                welcome to the forums but i'm newer.. i'm not a veteran like you if you want a sig i don't mind making some
                                Jill honey could you make me one
                                PLEASE
                                somthing to do with the gr8 nemesis or nicolai please
                                many thanks
                                nemesis_lover

Comment

Working...
                                X