Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
    Go is a Pulp Fiction rip off but I have to agree that the movie is awesome.
    Well, it doesn't revolve around crime and mobsters. I mean, there are some directing style influences from Pulp Fiction. But just because Pulp Fiction did it first (that I can think of), doesn't mean that there has to be just one of its kind. The plot is different, afterall.
    Last edited by Biohazard EX; 12-04-2008, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Transformers the moive 7/10 great film I enjoyed it I whould have given it a higher score but what let this film down was the lack of both Autobots and Decepticons the Autobots only came in an hour into the film and for the Decepticons well they only had about 25 mins in the film with was a let down too much of the human and not much of the robots but the action was great but fingers crossed that the next one will make up for it.
      Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-07-2008, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Just watched Burn After Reading... it was different to say the least. The acting was excellent, but the plot was wierd. It started with just a group of different people, and the plot slowly develops as it goes along. Kinda put me off, but not enough to stop enjoying it.

When Brad Pitt was killed, that was a bit of shock. He was my favourite character 'cause he was the funniest with his iPod and the dancing

7/10 from me

PS: Saw Quantum Of Solace again this arvo with my dad, sister, and half-sister (I call her my half-sister cause she basically is; well, she's my sisters best friend, but the amount of time she hangs around my residence is astonishing. I don't see why she just doesn't move in.)

Comment

• I just watched Degeneration and loved it.

Anderson definitely needs to take a hike and let Capcom take over.

It fit into the series and set up RE5.
          The romance between Angela and Leon felt tacked on, but oh well.

Comment

• Titanic 1997 Great film never get bord of whaching it it brings tears to my tears 9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
              Titanic 1997 Great film never get bord of whaching it it brings tears to my tears 9/10
              And even despite the Dark Knight and all that hype, Titanic STILL remains as the best selling movie in history. Go Leo!

Comment

• Titanic was in theaters for like 43 years, that's why it grossed so damn much.

Comment

• Yes, but it was in theaters that long because it was consistently getting a lot of viewers. It's not like they kept it playing in 3 theaters at once because it was unpopular.

There were plans to re-release the Dark Knight in theaters, and I was afraid it would take over as #1. Thank god that didn't happen.

Comment

• I just watched The Aristocrats.
                    It's a documentary about a joke. I'd heard it was really good, but I personally didn't find it to be that great.
                    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 12-09-2008, 09:59 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post

There were plans to re-release the Dark Knight in theaters, and I was afraid it would take over as #1. Thank god that didn't happen.
                      That would be around January to garner some extra Oscar buzz, which the late Ledger deserves.

But you know what they say about popularity and quality; they don't always go hand in hand. Hence Titanic.. okay cheap shot, but I thought that the sub par script was covered up nicely with its technical merits and a young DiCaprio. Cameron was and still is a technical evangelist first and foremost (I love T2 though)

I suppose I'm still irked that a much better film like LA Confidential got the cold shoulder that year (but Basinger still didn't deserve that Oscar).

I picked the BD recently and it's as good as I remember it.

Comment

• In Bruges 9/10

Brilliant noir comedy. Fucked-up, far-out and very, very funny.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                          That would be around January to garner some extra Oscar buzz, which the late Ledger deserves.

But you know what they say about popularity and quality; they don't always go hand in hand. Hence Titanic.. okay cheap shot, but I thought that the sub par script was covered up nicely with its technical merits and a young DiCaprio. Cameron was and still is a technical evangelist first and foremost (I love T2 though)

I suppose I'm still irked that a much better film like LA Confidential got the cold shoulder that year (but Basinger still didn't deserve that Oscar).

I picked the BD recently and it's as good as I remember it.
                          Right, so if it's out on Blu-Ray and DVD, what the hell is the point of re-releasing it in theatres.
                          Titanic might not have had the script quality of "The Big Kahuna", but the sheer scale of it. The effects, and the way they depicted the tragedy, and the story itself that it told. It was all top notch. Better than The Dark Knight, anyway.

The thing I'm worried about most, is that if Dark Knight became the best selling movie in history, then all those joker fanboys and DK fanboys in general, who went to watch it in IMAX 3 times... Every time I'm gonna try and say that it's an overrated movie and that it's not all that brilliant as people say, they're gonna say, "Just look at the sales."

Frankly, Titanic was overrated when it came out, but these days people criticize it for all sorts of reasons, which is GREAT. Because it can be used as an excellent example of why the best sales don't always reflect the best movie, like you said. Which would be very helpful in any argument.
                          Last edited by Biohazard EX; 12-10-2008, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - 7/10

Wow, what the FUCK?! I'm definitely never doing acid. Or adrenaline. This movie was fuckin' scary.

Comment

• I just saw The Changeling with Angelina Jolie.

As much as I LOVELOVELOVE Angie, the movie was all tears and lips to me.

Comment

• Really? It wasn't good? Damn, I wanted to see it. Oh well, there's plenty of movies I wanna see that I haven't gotten to, including Yes Man, Madagascar 2, and I'm sure another one I'm forgetting.

Comment

Working...
                                X