No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missv, how many of Ron Howard's films have you seen? I think it would be pertinent to ask you this question.

Comment

• Backdraft!
      See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        From these only Star Wars can be considered as one of the best films ever but it's a remake, sort of.

Hitchcock, Coppola and Kubrick did nothing but adaptations they never wrote an original screenplay and Hitchock was never a writer himself he was only a director. So according to your standards these directors suck right...
        I never stated anywhere if I liked Hitchcock, Coppola or Kubrick.

And Star Wars is no Remake, It was George Lucas's original idea that he was inspired to write because he used to watch Sci-Fi TV shows like Flash Gordan as a kid. And Alien IMO is one of the greatest films ever made, and so is T2, Back to the Future 2 and Pirates 2.

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
        Missv, how many of Ron Howard's films have you seen? I think it would be pertinent to ask you this question.
        Ive seen Apollo 13 and thought it was ok. And i really hate his Da Vinci code movie and how much he made from it and how famous it is, it doesn't deserve it. Plus Ive watched a few interviews with him, and i don't like him.
        Last edited by missvalentine; 05-28-2009, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
          I never stated anywhere if I liked Hitchcock, Coppola or Kubrick.
          Are you nuts? That was an example.

And Star Wars is a remake of Hidden Fortess everybody knows that.
          sigpic

Comment

Are you nuts? That was an example.

And Star Wars is a remake of Hidden Fortess everybody knows that.
            No, it was one of the films he was inspired by to make Star Wars.

George Lucas said Hidden Fortress gave him the idea of having the beginning of Star Wars 4 seen through the eyes of the two least important characters. C-3PO and R2-D2.

George Lucas has acknowledged the influence of The Hidden Fortress on Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, particularly in the technique of telling the story from the points of view of the film's lowliest characters, C-3PO and R2-D2.[1] Kurosawa's use of frame wipes (sometimes cleverly hidden by motion within the frame) as a transition device also influenced Star Wars.
            Just because he liked and emulated some of the techniques used in Hidden Fortress, into his own movies doesn't mean it's a remake. Besides that is only Episode 4, there is 5 other episodes as well, and i think The Empire Strikes Back is probably the best Star Wars film.

If Star Wars is a Remake because of that, then every big action film released since 1993 is a Remake of Jurassic Park cause they all use CGI.

Comment

No, it was one of the films he was inspired by to make Star Wars.
              Apparently you've never seen Hidden Fortess because there is more than that.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
              and i think The Empire Strikes Back is probably the best Star Wars film.
              Yeah but that was directed by Irvin Kershner not George Lucas.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
              If Star Wars is a Remake because of that, then every big action film released since 1993 is a Remake of Jurassic Park cause they all use CGI.
              I think that you misunderstood the definition of Remake. By the way the first movies to use CGI was the Willow and The Abyss.
              sigpic

Comment

Apparently you've never seen Hidden Fortess because there is more than that.
                Yeah the story is similar in that they have to rescue a princess and all, but Hidden Fortress is not a Sci-Fi film which is a world of difference.

Star Wars is in no way a Remake.

Yeah but that was directed by Irvin Kershner not George Lucas.
                Lucas wrote it, and produced it, and was working very closely with kershner who was directing it.

I think that you misunderstood the definition of Remake. By the way the first movies to use CGI was the Willow and The Abyss.
                Yeah i know and after that T2 then Jurassic Park.

What i meant was just because it's similar or borrows something from something else does not mean it's a Remake.

Comment

• Not only have i finally finished watching the whole series of neon genesis evangelion i've watched the 2 films death and rebirth and end of evangelion and gotta say kickass films but the series is still damn confusing >.<, just watched the first terminator again gonna see salvation wednesday can't wait.
                  Last edited by DXP; 05-29-2009, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• My point in asking you missv, is that I think it's unfair to slag off an entire director's career after seeing only one of his films. Saying that Ron Howard is the worst director ever isn't really an opinion if it's not backed up by anything at all. While it's exciting to witness something new, who's to say it's not as exciting to see someone else's interpretation of another story, or real life events? People have strange and interesting perspectives.

I just saw the enjoyable fun double feature. Taken and Star Trek. Great films to have something caffeinated and feel your impulses respond to each fast-paced development. I too am a Star Trek virgin, and I think it's safe to say I'll be watching (SNAAAAAKE? I'll be watching you- UNDERSTAAAAAAAND?!! sorry, the first thing I thought of) some ToS episodes, to see what all those Simpsons writers were going on about.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                      My point in asking you missv, is that I think it's unfair to slag off an entire director's career after seeing only one of his films. Saying that Ron Howard is the worst director ever isn't really an opinion if it's not backed up by anything at all. While it's exciting to witness something new, who's to say it's not as exciting to see someone else's interpretation of another story, or real life events? People have strange and interesting perspectives.
                      Yeah i get your point, but i just don't like how he got so successful of other peoples ideas and achievements that's all.

Comment

but i just don't like how he got so successful of other peoples ideas and achievements that's all.
                        Because he's good. I explained to you earlier even the greatest directors are making adaptations and it's not necessary for a director to be a writer too.
                        sigpic

Comment

• i watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall 3 times last night while playing VR Missions

3 times back to back is WAY to much

Comment

• Rob Zombie's Halloween

3/10

Not too much appeal anywhere in this movie. More blood =/= better movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                              Rob Zombie's Halloween

3/10

Not too much appeal anywhere in this movie. More blood =/= better movie.
                              Thats exactly why I didn't like it, Rob Zombie basically took a classic film and customized it with blood and guts just like all his other films...and him and his wife just had to star in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                                Thats exactly why I didn't like it, Rob Zombie basically took a classic film and customized it with blood and guts just like all his other films...and him and his wife just had to star in it.
                                I know his wife played Michael's mother, but who did he play as?
                                Last edited by Vector; 05-29-2009, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X