No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kay it's been a while since I posted here.

Basically, I rented a house for university next year. I'm supposed to have 4 roommates but 3 of them aren't taking summer school. So we thought it'll be fun to watch a horror movie every night at the house or something (course I'm not at the house on weekends, since I don't have classes)

But yeah, since May 1st... (not in order):

=====

The Reaping - Terrible

Untraceable - Not really horror... It was okay, otherwise

The Exorcism of Emily Rose - It was okay. Personally I think it would've been better if they left it as a "what if?" thing. The whole movie's about whether or not the girl was possessed or insane, but they do all these things to make the viewer think she *was* possessed

The Strangers - I loved it. Masks are creepy. Also good proof that you don't have to have a dozen bloody deaths in a slasher film to make it scary.

Shutter - Also terrible... I wasn't really sure what was going on half the time.

The Amityville Horror (Remake) - I liked it

The Exorcist - IMO, only the middle was scary... They should've done more of them Captain Howdy flashes...

May - The beginning was WAY too slow. Only the last 30 minutes was good and even then...

The Eye (Remake... with Jessica Alba) - I wasn't a fan of the new ending...

Slither - It's a Comedy Horror, yes... too much Comedy though.

One Missed Call (English) - Would've been better if ANYONE IN THAT MOVIE KNEW HOW TO ACT...

The Omen (Remake) - Was also "ehhh"... Only thing that caught us off guard was the dog scene... The main character needs to learn how to use more than 2 facial expressions

Reincarnation (Japanese) - Was meh for the most part. The ending creeped me out though...

Forbidden Siren - I liked it... some more Shibito scenes would've been nice

Re-Cycle (Chinese) - Watched this yesterday... Outside the first half hour, I don't even know why this was listed under "horror"... Jeeze, the writers should be kicked in the nuts for this.

=====

... Aaaand, that's about all I can remember at the moment... Anyone have any good Asian Horror they'd like to recommend would be great (preferably ghost/spirits/psychological ones)

Comment

• 'The Strangers' scared the crap out of me but my friends just shrugged it off and laughed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
        'The Strangers' scared the crap out of me but my friends just shrugged it off and laughed.

the strangers was the worst peice of shit movie i have EVER seen i was so pissed at the end of that movie cause i wasted $7 to go see just 2 kills and you dont get to the strangers face...well FUCK THAT! i get that movie a 0/10 its a piece of shit flat out. plus the fact it wasnt scary at all
        Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-01-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Bloodsport.

Chong Li, Chong Li, Chong Li!

Comment

• Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
            Bloodsport.

Chong Li, Chong Li, Chong Li!
            Awesome movie. I still love that gold tooth scene.
            Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 06-02-2009, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• REC

Ok, I'm not a big fan of shaky hand-held camera things, but this film had some things in it that were very good. What I thought was down the best was people's reactions, the blood and the scares. The main thing being able to see the creepy almost human silhouette approaching from down the corridor. That had me doing the whole 'oh god oh god!' thing.

I can't say it quite had me shrinking down in my seat like El Orfanato, but it was far from being mainstream horror crap.

Comment

• Did you see the remake, Quarantine? If not, good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
                  Did you see the remake, Quarantine? If not, good.
                  No, just REC. I don't really want to watch Quarantine.

Comment

• going too see star trek tonight and terminator salvation tomorrow so i'm gonna be busy lol xD

Comment

• Too good movies. It ashame that after I saw them I felt like there wasn't too much left to see in the theaters. Looking forward to Transformers and thats about it.

Comment

• i watched Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo Bay for like the 100 time
                        such a funny ass movie

i <3 NPH

Comment

• Watched Star Trek yesterday. Dear god that film is perfection. Best film I've seen in a VERY long time.

And it also makes me want to watch the original series.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
                            Watched Star Trek yesterday. Dear god that film is perfection. Best film I've seen in a VERY long time.

And it also makes me want to watch the original series.

i have yet to see it. john makes me want to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                              i have yet to see it. john makes me want to see it.
                              The fact that it's a-fricking-mazing should make you want to see it.

Comment

• Terminator Salvation.

I'm watching T1 at this moment in order to calm down.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X