No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the Happening looks good, although I REALLY hope it doesn't have the same plot as Suicide Club. If it does I will be pissed and my friends will rag on me forever for liking him as a Director. I don't care -- The Sixth Sense was awesome.

Comment

The Sixth Sense was awesome
      Not a bad movie at all, it still "gets me" everytime (specifically Bruce Willis' character). Though, most of it was kinda boring and it drags out too much, IMHO.

I don't like anything else from M. Night Shyamalan, though.
      Last edited by MeganGrass; 06-12-2008, 05:30 PM.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

His movies suffer from horrible "follow-through". As the end approaches, he has a seizure and somehow makes the movie suck alittle more than it should if it ended another way. He's known for his twisted endings... Like in Signs where the world is saved by throwing water on the aliens. WTF was that? Why didn't they have like wet suits or something instead of coming down completely naked?

Comment

I'am gona give a try to The happening this saturday.
          I watched THE incredible Hulk yesterday and te movie is great. I can finally say that Marvel started to make a good movies, and the first was Iron man, so if you liked it you just have to watch Hulk because this movies are conected, Marvel finally start to conect their movies in one universe, just like in the comics. There are a great number of easter eggs and the action is great, so yeah go watch this movie, you will not regret.
          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I second Nomad9026. I saw the midnight premier of The Incredible Hulk and loved it. It was great. It had enough story but I mean this is the Hulk, I wanna see a bunch of crap blowing up and and getting smashed and it delivered. The beginning credits are brilliant by showing us the how it went wrong and how Banner became that way, which leaves the film to take it own path without giving us origin. Acting was great (Liv Tyler was just good) and the cameos are awesome. This is just further proof of why Edward Norton is f**king awesome.

Comment

Hmmm... I'm not really into that sort of comic book characters movies, but it seems like a good action flick from what you've just said. Maybe I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD.

Comment

I saw Cloverfield. It rocked, although the camera style was a little dizzying at times.

8/10 for the movie.

10/10 for the post-movie fun. Google search "Cloverfield theories" if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Saw Iron Man and later today I'm going to see the Incredible Hulk. Really looking forward to seeing the Dark Knight and X-Files.

Comment

Oh yeah, I also saw Indiana Jones. I thought it was pretty true to the original films, and I enjoyed it. I really hope they don't make another one, though. That's just overkill.

8/10

Comment

i saw 3:10 to yuma it was awesome i loved it ^^
                      sigpic

Comment

I saw Cloverfield again, but this time on Blu-ray. I sort of regret buying it. I was hoping they'd explain a bit more of the back story, since there was this odd security sticker on it which said "secrets revealed". All I ended up getting was a crappy "Location Identifier" which shows the locations of the main characters, monster, and the military during the course of the film. Talk about disappointing.

The film itself was good, though I wish they had explained things a bit more. Its fun to watch the first time, but on a second viewing it just sort of lags.
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-24-2008, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I heard a prequel was in the works which I'm excited about Explaining more about the monster and such.

Comment

I just watched Cloverfield on DVD. It was...interesting. The main issue is the one I have with every film in this style. There comes a point where no matter how dedicated to capturing the events you are you're going to put the damned camera down. Or at least not hold it as perfectly as possible.

Other than that it's pretty good.

Comment

Today i watched the mist and the part where the soldier was thrown outside, i notice that the creature that him looked alike the tall monster in a game called "The Thing" ( really cool xbox game) except only bigger than the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                                I saw Cloverfield again, but this time on Blu-ray. I sort of regret buying it. I was hoping they'd explain a bit more of the back story, since there was this odd security sticker on it which said "secrets revealed". All I ended up getting was a crappy "Location Identifier" which shows the locations of the main characters, monster, and the military during the course of the film. Talk about disappointing.

The film itself was good, though I wish they had explained things a bit more. Its fun to watch the first time, but on a second viewing it just sort of lags.
                                Wish I had a Blu-ray player. I wanted to use the Location Identifier to prove to all the conspiracy artists that no, there was not two monsters, there was just one that they happened to encounter more than once. If that's all the Blu-ray version has to offer extra than the DVD though, I don't think it's worth getting a player just for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X