No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't be any worse than the first one when he's interrupted basing the bishop.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Angels and Demons. How in hell did that get a PG-13? That was so R. Still, a good movie. A lot of changes from the book though. The biggest one I noticed was that Spoiler:

Also watched Misery. Best thriller movie I've seen in ages. I flinched when Spoiler:

Terminator and Transformers were pretty sub-standard. I expected so much more. They left me with a feeling of emptiness (might have been my wallet though; it's about $22 a movie here with drinks+popcorn).

And last but not least: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Wierd, but oh so original and different. Not to mention fantastic. Loved the last two memories and the ending.
      Last edited by Helegad; 07-01-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• the broken foot part in Misery is the part its best known for

Comment

• I've seen these films recently:

Little Miss Sunshine-This wasn't the first time I saw it and it won't be the last. IMO, this is an excellent movie. It has a great cast and all the characters feel real and human. ****

The Number 23-Underrated. It's a good suspense flick (with a great soundtrack to boot) and Jim Carrey does a fairly good job in my book. **+

Gran Torino-Awesome film. Clint Eastwood's at his best in this movie, and the plot really draws you in. ****

Max Payne-Just as ridiculous as the video games, but it was enjoyable enough. **

Valkyrie-So boring and horrible I fell asleep. Enough said. *
          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Watched My Bloody Valentine in 3d at my mates house. Was a little disapointed the only part that made me flinch was when he throws the axe at the truck. Oh and the spining pie. Awful film.

Comment

• Watched Internal Affairs last night and thought it was a good movie. The story is kind over the top but Andy Garica and Richard Gere are great in it.

Comment

• Recent films I saw were: Grand Toreno which was really good. Transformers 2 in IMAX which I realy liked good eye candy,(and I don't mean Megan Fox.) ,and also Terminator Salvation in IMAX that one is a purches for me on Blu-Ray.

Comment

• Transformers 2...

Beginning was pretty good
                  Middle was really... boring...
                  Ending was a bit too cheesy...

Overall: Meh

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                    The Number 23-Underrated. It's a good suspense flick (with a great soundtrack to boot) and Jim Carrey does a fairly good job in my book. **+
                    the number 23 is a great movie. its one of my favorite jim carry movies

Comment

• Public Enemies.

Great gangster flick.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I just watched Moulin Rouge again. The first time I saw it years ago i hated it so much. But this time it wasn't so bad really.

I'm not a fan of Baz Luhrmans directorial style but i admit he's good at what he does, and is a talented director.

I hated his Romeo and Juliet movie, and the style he made it in, but i did love his use of symbolism and his visual technique in it, and in Moulin Rouge. My problem with Romeo and Juliet was that it was just completely stupid and unrealistic in parts. Same thing for Moulin Rouge but i liked that a lot better than Romeo and Juliet.

I must say he is a weird yet creative director though.

Comment

• Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Like the first movie, there was way too much embarrassing juvenile humor for my tastes, but the action was incredible and helped to make up for the more cringe-worthy moments (and there were a lot).

Oh, and...

Spoiler:

Valkyrie - Excellent movie. I really don't understand why it was panned by so many critics. I thought it was fascinating.

Taken - A fun action movie. Liam Neeson sure is rather spry for someone his age.

Defiance - Oh man, I don't even know where to start. This is easily one of the most incredible films I have seen in a long time. Like Valkyrie, it was absolutely fascinating to watch, and I don't think it would have been nearly as powerful had it not been based on a true story. It also really cemented Daniel Craig as one of my favorite actors.

Comment

• Rat Race i watched it this morning. i havent seen this movie in forever its great and funny as hell.

Comment

• I just re-watched Aliens again and man that movie gets better every time i see it. James Cameron truly is an astounding director.

The casting of Bill Paxton as Private Hudson was a masterstroke. No one could do better then him, he was such a well done and interesting character. If capcom wants one liners to be in RE they should get some tips from Cameron first. Michael Biehn as Hicks was great too, and so was Ripley.

I really love the character progression from Alien to Aliens with Ripley, and the Colonial Marines are badass. Aliens is a prime example of how to do horror with action interspersed though it.

James Cameron makes the best sequels, Aliens and T2.

I'm gonna watch the directors cut version of Aliens soon, and Alien 3 as well.

Comment

• Alien 3 really is just terrible.

And I say that as a fan of the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X