No announcement yet.

Quarantine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like Corey Worthington getting bashed up here in Australia. Don't know him? Well, what he done was threw a massive party with 500+ uninvited teenagers turning up and trashing the joint. About $20,000+ of damage was done, and he became a national "legend". His fifteen minutes of fame are pretty much up though, because he tries to be a party-maker and tours Australia looking for parties to gatecrash and make "better". He got bashed up recently, and everyone laughed.

Comment

It comes out this Friday. I did want to catch [REC] before watching this, but NO ONE has it. Guess I'll have to catch [REC] when ever I can. I know I'm gonna see Quarantine sometime this weekend though!

Comment

Yeah, you're right bio_star, I forgot about the politic this time.
        Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 10-07-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

You mean the actual film itself? Best delete that post and discuss it via PM instead.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

I'd advise you to see [REC] first if you can PO, it's an exceptionally good film. I expect this to suffer "american remake" syndrome and be a poor copy of the original film. I mean for example the poster and trailer for the US ver. shows... Spoiler:
            That doesn't instill confidence in it for me.

Comment

I've still not seen the original, but me and my two best friends went to see Quarantine tonight. Very suspenseful, I'll give it that though.

Comment

I'm boycotting this film out of principal, since as you may know, it is a remake of a Spanish film called [REC] which saw a limited release here in the UK back in November 2007. I'm normally one to just ignore pointless remakes, but the lightning speed in which this project came to fruition is just worrying and baffling. 10 months after the initial release of [REC], a remake has already been 'written', cast, produced, and churned out with an almost careless haste. It's totally absurd... There's no point in remaking something that came out less than a year ago. REC hasn't even been given a screening in the US. Why don't the producers just buy the rights to release REC instead of making their own 'version'?

I'm pretty insulted that someone out there thinks that i'm too lazy to read subtitles and assumes i'd rather have a completely remade film with English speaking actors. Nobody is that lazy. Get a soul, hollywood.

Comment

This looks interesting enough, when it finally does arrive here I'll give ti a go.

As for this REC movie, never heard of it >_> Probably will never see it. =P

Comment

Working...
                  X