No announcement yet.

Do you believe in online friendships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure I do. Id like to think Im some sort of friend to Dot at this point, among many, many others on many different forums and other things online.

Comment

I met my wife 6 years ago online on ICQ. I was using ICQ to sell gold on Ultima Online and then I got a message from someone who wanted to chat, we kept in contact and eventually met.

We now have a two year old daughter named Alexia.

I don't think we're too weird!

Comment

Wow Scream your daughter has grown alot! Last time i saw a picture of Alexia was at WU.

Comment

awww sweet picture. Its weird how finding your true love online works imo.
          Well honest story i met my love, well g.f that i've been with for 4 and half years now, thanks to r.e 3. Here i go, I was in my maths class in high school and because i fancied her, i sat behind her, you know just to get noticed, well i hear her talking to her friend about r.e. I WAS SHOCKED, to hear that a girl played r.e (no offence, just girls playing r.e to me was like finding a £10/$20 note in the street) So i listened for about 5mins and heard they were stuck on a puzzle, it was the silly t.v advert in the phamercy place, so i stepped in and helped out with my views, that night i hoped they did it, and the next day i got thanks and we went on from there. Sorry to bore you lot, just thought u'd like a love story to go with Scream's Love picture lol

Comment

your daughter is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I chatted with Pekka-Eric Auvinen in msn and IRC. But mostly i chat with people i already know IRL.

Comment

LOL.
                Funny question, the only people I tell everything about my life are internet friends, maybe a little sad, but half the people in real life I don't trust.
                They usually shout your secrets out when they get mad at you, or blackmail you, so I don't trust anyone here, anymore.
                Oh well.

Comment

Ada/Cerberes was definitely one of my first online friends, someone I really trusted and who was especially nice to me back when I first became involved with the Capcom community and the Resident Evil community. Someone who I can always look up to for help, and she's always given me great presents (as well as me giving a few to her every so often). We even remember each others birthdays! It's a great friendship - one day we will probably meet but we will see! It's definitely proof that friendships can be forged online.

Another notable circumstance is good ol' Carnivol! I remember back in the day we always used to have chats about all kinds of things - I even remember me and him planned to translate First Fear and Play Novel! A pretty ambitious project that naturally never came into fruition. I fondly remember the days where we pretty much spoke every day - I always used to laugh about the problems Carn had with his somewhat psychotic ex (Meryth was it?) and the ones he was interested in! I even remember being genuinely sad when he first went to to Norwegian Army (Am I correct here?) and feeling a little flat the day after. I finally got him his copy of MvsC2 back to him after all these years too! Just someone who's really friendly, not annoying and knows what he's talking about.

Dot Bjorn Wayne are some pretty cool guys too - though we haven't really spoken beyond the Lost Planet matches (and the giant THIA conversations.)

Mark's someone I wanna get to know too, seem's like a cool guy but never really had any opportunity to.

Comment

wow carnivol was in the army?

cute kid! that's really nice how things worked out for you scream. people say online relationships don't work out, but i think they can depending on the people (i've known some people who got married from some )

Comment

Originally posted by SinValentine View Post
                      wow carnivol was in the army?
                      IIRC, the government made it mandatory to participate for a certain amount of years.

Comment

ah i see.. they should do that over here, i know a few guys that need to get their asses beat. enforce some discipline!

Comment

Thanks! She is cute sometimes but unfortunately the terrible twos are kicking in..

I do think online relationships can work out (of course only if they eventually move to the real world). It takes the right personalities too. My wife and I are both pretty reserved people so I guess it was easier for us to meet online, but it was still more of a chance meeting than set up..

Comment

Working...
                          X