Diary of the Dead and its references to the other of the dead films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diary of the Dead and its references to the other of the dead films

Watched this a few times now and spotted many references to the previous films:

Spoiler:
    Its a good film in my opinion, totally redefines the whole Of the dead series to a new audience.

I might have to buy this on DVD one day. Dawn, Day, Contagium and Night all rule.

Comment

I still haven't seen this one, i'm gonna have to purchase it i thinks

Comment

I was excited to see this movie. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone it's not a good zombie flick nor is it a good film in general. It's horrible.The acting is horrible even for a Romero movie. It was pretty predictable and formulaic with your typical survivor archetypes. Save yourself the money and rent it first if you have to see it.
        Last edited by GalacticAE; 07-05-2008, 01:42 PM.

Comment

oh dear, i hate it when people put something down that i really wanna see

Comment

Everyone has their opinion on Romero films usually bad words lol >.< I just love zombie films and besides we gotta thank Romero because without his zombie movies we wouldn't have Resident Evil, but this was unique a zombie outbreak filmed through a camera, documenting everything its worth the watch.

Comment

It was one of the best zombie movies I've seen recently, so that might have coloured my opinion, especially since the last one I saw was the God Awful Zombie Diaries. But I personally enjoyed it. It didn't do anything especially new or different but it did the standard better than most of these things do. The only real downer I had was the main character, Jason. I was rooting for him to be zombie chow from about the second minute.

Comment

I own Diary of the Dead. I thought it was an okay movie. I argee with DXP that there is alot of references to Romero's other films (you'll notice he even plays a cameo, as a police chief in Diary of the Dead) but I wouldn't call them previous films, since Diary of the Dead seems to take place before any of the other films. Anyways. In my view: Though I am also a hug zombie fan - I think Romero simply watched Cloverfield before he made this. Oh yeah. I though the deaf guy was cool. The part where he blows of the Zombies with the Dynamite and holds up the sign saying "Hello! I'm Samuel!"
                Last edited by The John Doe; 07-06-2008, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Saw Diary last night. It was pretty horrible. Boring through out the entire movie. The usual commentary on society that Romero makes with every Dead film felt heavy handed and clumsy here. Really wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you're a really big Dead fan.

Comment

Yep, I agree with what randomwab said. It was a very boring movie. I went in expecting some sub-plot on humanity, how Romero used to do with his movies, but this just had nothing but some teens running from zombies. All the characters we're throw-aways, especially the teacher with his annoying accent. Pretty disappointing.

Comment

oh well, guess i'll just have to see it for myself before adding to these bad comments :S

Comment

i finally saw it acctually, im hoping to buy it when i get my first paycheck
                        sigpic

Comment

I only got it because i'm a die hard zombie fan . Got my copy off play.com with the limited edition sleeve drawn by some artist that i don't know xD, the extras are definitely worth watching though.

Comment

Working...
                          X