Condor sighted in Milwaukee WI!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condor sighted in Milwaukee WI!!

I live in Milwaukee WI and when I was driving down the street past Koss Headphones HQ on Port Washington road, I saw these two big birds perched on top of a building down the block. When I got closer I saw that they had red heads. One then took flight and I saw it's wingspan was around 6-7 feet! I think this bird was a Condor, but they are only supposed to be in California. I think maybe it migrated wrong or it escaped from a Zoo or something. Unfortunatly I don't own a cell phone with a built in camera, but I called TMG4 (local news station) and reported it.
    Last edited by FeurMensch; 07-08-2008, 01:03 AM.

Cool, maybe they'll interview you.

I dreamed about seeing a UFO last night, and filming it on my phone camera, but then it wouldn't save properly, and I just lost the sighting of a century. WTF???

(P.S: My phone camera actually doesn't save videos properly in real life if you swing it around violently while filming. Must have some codec problem or something)

Comment

condors' wingspan can go up to 10 feet because you say 6 feet i don't think it'd be a condor. i think what you saw was a turkey vulture, which is also indigenous to your area. something dead must've been around there for them to roost like that

Comment

I'm just estimating the size, but I looked it up on Google to make sure and it did have the same colorings/markings as the two I saw. It looked huge as it was like 2x wider than the windows on the building.

Comment

Shit, that's big, even though I don't know what the window size was, I'm imagining the wingspan.

If the wings were razor-bladed, it could probably take your head clean off!

Comment

Awesome! I live in Eau Claire, WI and the most we have around here is huge migrations of turkeys. It must have been so cool to see that bird take off.

Comment

I always imagined FeurMensch living in Germany because of the way the name sounds

Comment

Well we are half German, half Italian. Our parents were born here too. I chose the name "Fire Man" since it sounded cool.

Comment

Originally posted by FeurMensch View Post
                  Well we are half German, half Italian. Our parents were born here too. I chose the name "Fire Man" since it sounded cool.
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-10-2008, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Heh... VENOM!! When I said "we", I meant my brother and I.

Comment

You're brother wouldn't happen to be an alien symbiote, would he?

Comment

Perhaps... but who knows? Even I'm not sure about that one!

Comment

How does he respond to loud noises?

Comment

He shrieks and curls!! lol...

But back on topic, it turns out it was a Turkey Vulture. It didn't have the white coloring on the underside of it's wings like a condor has..

Comment

Working...
                            X