Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
    Lucky.

My day off - people called in sick so I had to go in on one of my OTHER days off today. DX
    That sucks.

My day off consisted of absolutely nothing. Sitting around and playing Resident Evil 2. Speaking of which, is it possible to go back outside to the areas you started out at in RE2 (Kendo Gun Shop, Basketball Court, etc.)?
    Fission mailed.

Comment

• You can only go outside the RPD, if you try to go any further it says something like its too dangerous.. you can look at the gate where Nemesis comes through though. What was the idea about that by the way.. did they already have Nemesis planned? I noticed you can't always access it for some reason..

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
        Lucky.

My day off - people called in sick so I had to go in on one of my OTHER days off today. DX
        D= I have no idea how your place works but are you legally obligated to it they call you in on a day off? We have a guy who often tries to flake off, tries to text ALL of us and see if we can cover, and none of us will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
          D= I have no idea how your place works but are you legally obligated to it they call you in on a day off? We have a guy who often tries to flake off, tries to text ALL of us and see if we can cover, and none of us will.
          Nobody else picks up their phone, so by default considering how close I am to my work - they just roster me on and call me going "Hey. You're now going to work this shift tomorrow. That's fine right? Because we've rostered you on because so-and-so isn't coming tomorrow".

DX

And then when I go in for one of my normal shifts, everyone wants me to cover them repeatedly so they can go and do their own shit. Yet, if I need a day off due to being sick, nobody will cover mine and I have to keep going to work with a bad bout of the flu.

Only time off I've had when I was sick, was when I couldn't stop vomiting again and my parents had to tell them that I wouldn't be coming into work so they would need to sort it out.
          sigpic
          Non-blurry Signature Version
          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• I took a day off work to see my uncle today. He's in really bad shape, he's unconscious now and on a ventilator. But the doctor said that it's not as bad as it looks and that it could be a lot worse.
            Fission mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
              No place can force you to come in on a day off unless you are the salaried manager. I know at least with my company, if no one can come in, our general manager has to fill the void, or we can get paid overtime if need be. I had overtime a few times simply because I was the only supervisor that had complete open availability; now those can pan out to be some pretty nice paychecks. The only real downside is it gets exhausting waiting for that next day off to hit.

Originally posted by Enetirnel
              Nobody else picks up their phone, so by default considering how close I am to my work - they just roster me on and call me going "Hey. You're now going to work this shift tomorrow. That's fine right? Because we've rostered you on because so-and-so isn't coming tomorrow".

DX

And then when I go in for one of my normal shifts, everyone wants me to cover them repeatedly so they can go and do their own shit. Yet, if I need a day off due to being sick, nobody will cover mine and I have to keep going to work with a bad bout of the flu.
              I know exactly how you feel. Any time one of the other supervisors called out, I was usually the one they called no matter what. Our management team consists of five people total, but the others always had "something else to do." In all truth, I think it should be required that if someone calls out, people take turns covering. You have to realize that at some point you are going need a cover for an emergency, sickness, whatever, so it would all balance out and be fair. A "I do this time, you do it next time, Kevin does it the third time..." type of thing.

I didn't so much mind coming in on days off or working a full shift (Open to Close, which is usually about 12 hours of working) because my general manager usually made it worth my while out of his own pocket. If he couldn't stay, he would offer something to me to stay...I got quite a few Playstation Network cards by doing this. I realize this is a shady practice, and could both be fired for bribery, but honestly, as a manager you should treat your employees with respect and offer some sort of reward for going above and beyond the call of duty.

Retail sucks plain and simple. I'm actually working a desk job now, and I have to say I do not miss that retail environment one bit. The stupid customers, the idiot employees, the moronic company policies...It just isn't for me. I do actually still work at my retail job though as a supervisor who is essentially on call for closing shifts, and I do go in every other Saturday, but I didn't do it because I needed the money or anything; you would actually be shocked at how much you miss the people you work with granted you work with a good crew.

Though if you don't want to go in...Just ignore the calls. There were a few times that "Oh, my phone must have been off...I just got your messages this morning" happened and I didn't go in. There's nothing wrong with being flexible, but I didn't want it to become expected that if anyone had a problem, I would just magically fix it and work for them.
              sigpic

Comment

• Regarding being forced to come in on a day off, it's usually that the store manager decided to change the roster without telling ANYONE at ALL or putting it up onto the wall OR to the sever so we can see it online either.

She's done it quite often, so I've been told by one of the other manages to have an RDO and then she's gone and changed it so I'm working straight so let's say I was supposed to have next Monday off - she'd roster it so I'd be doing Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed on top of calling me repeatedly on my days off - if I don't pick up, then my home phone gets called, relatives get called and then OTHER staff start calling me too! DX

Essentially one of the other managers has said outright that people can't be rostered on for more than five days per week as to avoid injury or being outright overworked.

But she gets around it by rostering me so all of my shifts are conjoined across the rosters so I end up doing solid blocks until the other manager modifies the roster, posts it to the wall and online so she can't change it and I actually get some days off because they've specifically marked me unavailable to come in.

Especially pisses me off when I'm nearly home - walking home - and I get called to come back in and fix one of the self-service registers because that particular manager doesn't want to pay the repair fee.

I FINALLY get home, half an hour later - other staff ring me about the same fucking thing that they had just seen me fix and yet they STILL FUCKING RANG. THREE MORE TIMES. DX

On my day off, "Oh, so and so is sick. Who do you think I could replace them with?" - "Look at the roster.", "B-But...", "Take it up with one of the managers."...

Manager calls me back and nags me to deal with it.

FFS, I'm not even a goddamn manager and I have to sort this crap out on my day off just so I can have the rest of my day off in peace. DX

Anyway, ranting aside - I'm happy because I've got this nice neat new table and am just organizing my crap so I can fit it all upstairs so I can have a proper sort of workspace.
                sigpic

Comment

• Just finished some games of MvC2 with Kaneco and Inferno.

Not even Kaneco can end my reign of terror.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

• As of recent I've been really confident around people, women especially. I just have been feeling better about myself for the past 2 weeks or so. Its especially awesome when the girl you're interested in likes the sudden confidence boost and wants to go out with you finally.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                      As of recent I've been really confident around people, women especially. I just have been feeling better about myself for the past 2 weeks or so. Its especially awesome when the girl you're interested in likes the sudden confidence boost and wants to go out with you finally.

I too have been feeling a lot more confident, especially around girls. It does indeed feel good.
                      Fission mailed.

Comment

• Monday morning at work. Boss is happy with the work I did when he was gone last week. Xmas party (all day winery tour) Wednesday. And I'm gonna right the wrong of having never seen Noel Gallagher/Oasis - he announced a show in January this morning
                        sigpic

Comment

• That's pretty neat @Gene.

Got a lot of balls up in the air these days myself (and some rather difficult choices to make), but totally in a great mood. Just a lot of (good) things going "my way" these days.

Comment

• Everything turning up Carnivol?
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• Probably going to seem a bit funny but...

I got my laptop back from repair finally, they did manage to get the majority of my files - but now I have to reinstall all my crap and uninstall all of the extra crap that was put on it (no thank you, I don't need Google Picasa!) and I at the very least remember all of the fonts I liked on my laptop so I can go and find what sites had them on them again.

The downside is, I can't seem to find my serial number card for RE4 PC so that's going to be a pain in the ass.

That and I need to find one VH and one VB files for two SEQ files in one of the PS1 games I have so I can make a complete music rip due to the lack of an actual soundtrack release (and that one will never actually happen).

Once that's done, then I can eventually get back to work on translating the Adventure Novels and file reports for the Clock Tower games now that I've got where I left off from back.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Well, just got back from Egypt last night, had a good time on holiday but it does feel nice to be home. Will upload some photos later. The only downside being I had an accident on holiday, twisted my foot right back and knackered my ankle/foot so I'm having to walk with a walking stick and ankle support at the mo. Still bruised all over and swollen a week later. I can't fit into most of my usual shoes. I still went scuba diving, but I had to have one normal flipper and one big flipper and the scuba guy had to carry me around. XD

Comment

Working...
                                X