X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I think I'll pass Fisic Cience!!!!

Comment

• The Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs show on Thursday was amazing!

I got there a little early, so I was around to hear some of the soundcheck. They were playing a George Harrison song called "Beware of Darkness", and it sounded great. The theater was pretty small, but that meant there wasn't a bad seat in the joint (unless someone much taller than you took a seat in front of you, as was initially the case with me.). They came on stage at around 8:30 or so and immediately began cutting up. After a little comedy, they went into the music, and it was awesome. It was a really laid back atmosphere; They talked with the audience, took questions and requests, joked around... They had a few flubs here and there, but to me (and everyone around me), it seemed to make the show that much more enjoyable!

The big surprise of the evening (in my opinion) was the inclusion of the Beatles' "Here Comes The Sun" during the encore. They played it pretty damn well even though they messed up the "Sun, sun, sun, here it comes" part... a few times! HA! It was probably the most enjoyable concert experience I've ever had, and many around me seemed to be saying the same!

The merch table was a little bare, but I was able to snag a couple of Matthew's hand-made cat sculptures, a small vessel and a couple of signed posters.

Here are a few crummy pictures I took (my camera absolutely hates me). They look like they're from one of those '70s "Old Grey Whistle Test" videos, which actually kind of works because they played mostly '70s songs:
        Spoiler:

The video came out much better. It's a shame I only got the one!

Comment

• Had a kick arse dream where I had to fight the forces of darkness alongside this hot girl by creating beams of light that would emanate and light up the entire planet, as it was thrown into a permanent night, in which we proceeded to kick THEIR arses.

I didn't get to kiss her at the end though, unfortunately. Not only did I wake up, but it was probably too cliched for my brain to handle. Don't know how that works...

In the meantime, it was pretty scary to see those of the monsters. I saw my dad as one!
          Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 11-08-2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Heh, I always enjoy a memorable dream for being either too confusing or strangely non abstract.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? I'm still trying to have my first, seems like quite an experience.

Comment

• id love to have a lucid dream! would be an amazingly wierd experience! Neway i once had an Amazing dream where i met JD and it was full of Scrubs like antics totally freaking awsome!!!

Comment

• ^ It truly is wonderful experience. I'd love to do it again, but I can't seem to. I have only done it once as of now.

Sounds like a great time, by the way. I've had zombie related dreams also.

I was in this greenhouse type of thing (though it was dark inside and the only light that came in was of panels of glass that weren't covered), as there were many green plants in it. There was a mix of Resident Evil and L4D type zombies, and I had shotgun, blasting them away with some random people I have no remembrance of now (in the dream). It was the middle of the day next to a busy street in Chicago (I assume. That is where I live, after all).

So we got away in a van, and the last thing I remember is turning around, looking out the back, and seeing some lady's face in a broken area of the window, blood on her face, in which she disappeared back inside. It was weird...

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                Heh, I always enjoy a memorable dream for being either too confusing or strangely non abstract.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? I'm still trying to have my first, seems like quite an experience.
                As a matter of fact I have...

See below for description of it:

I do know that I ate some chocolate cake and potato chips before I went to bed, which was at about 2:00 A.M.

In my dream, I woke up feeling refreshed, yet it was about to be sundown. My mom came out of a garden in my yard that had never existed (HUGE freaking fruits and vegetables. Like wrecking ball size. Also, there were really weird vines coming out of the ground, and the sun had rays coming out of it, kinda like how you see on the Japanese Imperial flag from WWII), and made a strange dish involving dishrags. They were covered in melted cheese and sauce (it was really weird!). I looked at the digital clock on my stove several times, looking away and then looking back at it. It changed every time (I remember getting 5:30, 8:60, and 34). By then I realized I was dreaming. I told my parents they were a figment of my imagination being produced by my brain. They just stared at me and said nothing.

I went back into my room, looked at the mirror, and my image was very distorted (my head was being shown at the bottom of the mirror when clearly the mirror was positioned to show all of my upper body). At his point, my dream began to fade, but I spun around in circles just like I remembered and was able to stay a bit longer. I pinched my skin twice. It didn't hurt both times (I did it hard, too). Since I knew I was in a dream, I tried to teleport myself out of there (I don't quite remember what. I just know I wanted out of my house). I shut my eyes and told myself I wanted to teleport. It didn't work. Feeling disappointed, I began to lose my dream. I tried desperately to spin around to keep it going, but it was no use. I woke up.

A very strange, very weird, yet enlightening and thrilling experience. And I believe eating junk food right before was a factor in what I had dreamed that night.
                Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 11-08-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Yea well my dream was pretty sick even though I woke up instantly.With me being such a Halo freak and all you can bet its about Halo.Well in my dream I drempt I was a Spartan.Not some invincible killing machine but a mere lone Spartan.And as far as I remember I started off walking on a completely destroyed,desolate and quiet battlefield and it was a red dawn in the scenery(most likely because of the smoke I thought)like this:http://caravanofdreams.files.wordpre..._1600x1200.jpgAs I walk across the silent battlefield scattered with various metals and dirt,I see a hill.So I decide to walk to the top of it to get a better view of the destruction around me.Now as a Spartan I have the green visor on but unlike the game, no HUD just as real as it gets.So as I am getting to the top of the hill I am expecting to see some fighting going on in the distance or hearing some gunshots.Once I reach the top of hill I see a vast open battlefield with almost like a junkyard full of metal and destroyed machinery.But I see nothing except flames rising from a pile in the distance,smoke going through the air and the still dawn sky.I embrace the silence and loneliness on top of the hill for a second,and just as I am about to sigh *WHIZZZZ**CRACKKK*The last thing I see/hear in the dream is a UNSC sniper bullet grazing the front of my visor perfectly horizontal to my eyes tracer and all, and I can basically feel the bullet go past my eyes as the visor shatters right in front of me.Needless to say it scared the crap out of me and I woke up instantly saying Woah!Yea I have had a lot of Halo and zombie related dreams I consider them to be a good thing.
                  Last edited by haloboy; 11-08-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• I won something from the "Darkside Chronicles" Facebook page! What it is, I do not know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Corson View Post
                      I won something from the "Darkside Chronicles" Facebook page! What it is, I do not know.
                      Yup I saw you Dan, it was something about CV:X isn't it? I didn't try out because I think I don't apply because I live in Mexico. Damn 3rd world. I hate it! But glad you won! What mistery price does Capcom have for you???

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• I got my new NIN shirts in today.

my favorite

Comment

• ^ Niiiiiiiiiiice.

Comment

• lol thanks. Theres another one I'm looking for that goes along with the top one that says "Broken Bruised Forgotten Sore" but the guy I bought the shirts from said he didnt have that one or the Things Falling Apart one which I had back in 02 before I even really liked NIN.

Comment

• Well it seems no one cared about my extensive description of the dream I had so ill just say I saw a funny ass shirt in Spencers the other day.It had a smiley face on it and it said "Smile if you take it up the ass" lmao I wanted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by haloboy View Post
                                Well it seems no one cared about my extensive description of the dream I had so ill just say I saw a funny ass shirt in Spencers the other day.It had a smiley face on it and it said "Smile if you take it up the ass" lmao I wanted it.
                                Haha, that is awesome, I want it.

Comment

Working...
                                X