No announcement yet.

I'm Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm happy because I vented by baking biscuits!

God, exams are a bitch. Middle school exams are, like, the little uncooked spot in the biscuit batch.

... wait. NO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
      Middle school exams
      Middle school exams?

Honey, no. I've got two exams on Friday...one in criminal jusitce where I get to go in depth about the federal courts and punishments (study guide is 11 pages, and we finished our second exam last friday)...and then right after a lovely lit theory exam covering pretty much everything we've done since mid Feb./ early March. The study guide for that is only 6 pages, but it just has the key highlights. Wooot! Structuralism, Reader Response Theory, Dialogics, Poststructuralism, Deconstruction, Feminism, Postcolonialism, and Post Modernism.

You make me miss the simplicity of middle school tests, hell high school exams.

Note: If you don't like reading, never take upper level English courses in college kids. Never. Ever. And don't even think about using crutch verbs in a paper. You will die. In fire.

Despite my impending doom with my exams...I'm elated. Top Chef Masters is back on! Though this season looks like its going to be a hell of a lot shorter. They are sending two people forward each time, which means 4 contestants are already going to the finale. That's pretty much halfway through, and its only on the second episode. I hope this means the regular season of Top Chef will be returning.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• ^ Ah, I know. I bitch about exams. It just eats away at me with 2 hours of sleep at night. Somehow, your comment makes me not want to think of the future. But, it's inevitable, right? May as well.

Comment

• It's not exactly bad. It's just that having them both on the same day, during a week when I had a major research paper due leaving me very little time to study in the earlier part of the week is the bad thing. The exams themselves, had I not had the paper, wouldn't be an issue.

The key is not letting yourself get miserable about them. Study some but don't over do it. ^__^ College is definitely a blast. I mean...My research paper was about Marxism in the novel Frankenstein. I discussed issues within the book, but then went outside the novel and described its influences in society, etc. In short, I spent two pages talking about two of my favorite movies: Young Frankenstein and Monster Squad. Also, Frankenberry cereal. I don't care how I get graded...that alone is awesome. And since the instructor was the same man from my lit class last semester and he said he loved my paper, I doubt I'll do poorly.

High school isn't all that great, but college...college has its ups and downs that can be either completely awesome or utterly shitty. My biggest regret in my college career is not going to my current college when I initially graduated from high school. Not only would I have already graduated college had I gone to my school first, I would have spent a lot more time with my awesome lit instructor and my creative writing instructor (making them more amazing, they are married to each other).
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
            Middle school exams?

Snip
            Sweet Jesus thiiiiis.

While college CAN be fun (my Process Analysis for my English class is how to extract ADAM), some bits of it are just a pain in the ass. Developmental Psyche, having to write reaction papers based on Dave Pelzer's novels (which I think are a crock of crap, personally) while maintaining an air of professionalism and not dissolving into a full blown rant is fun.

Followed by my Sociology course where my professor just loooooves to complain and rant about his ex-wife. Charming.

Although, I am happy that I have my summer school class scheduled, and the professor is REALLY laid back. So, more likely than not, it'll be a piece of cake.

Comment

• I'm happy that I'm graduating high school finally. I've switched school 14 times during my years in school but I still was able to keep up with work. I'm graduating at top of my class because the school I switched to XD

Comment

• I'm happy because my friend just found a random tambourine and gave it to me! Yay!

Also, I've been studying this form of experimentation (for extra credit) about cloning, and how it can help with researching several genetic anomalies. Damn, hurts my head, but it's very interesting. Makes me think happily.

Comment

• The 100th episode of Supernatural was BAMF!

I'm so happy.

Also...the sexual tension between Dean and Castiel is staggering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
                    The 100th episode of Supernatural was BAMF!

I'm so happy.

Also...the sexual tension between Dean and Castiel is staggering.
                    Uggggh. Dean - No offense Cas but the last time I got that look I got laid. *wink*

...........schlick. My god....I forgot how much I loved this series. Stopped watching it midway through season 2...need to buy the 3rd and 4th seasons on dvd to catch up completely.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• I've goten really interested in Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales comic book series after a friend showed me the Alice in Wonderland spin off. Basically, "exploitation" versions of Grimm stories. Darker, bloodier, and even more sexual implications than the original versions, all while having a story within them. (Essentially a woman is telling these stories as fables to people who need to learn their lessons)

I picked up Volume One today, which has issues 1-6. And wouldn't you know it, my favorite fairy tale, Red Riding Hood, is on the cover and is the FIRST issue.

Sleeping Beauty in particular got REALLLLLY creepy.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Great haul at the record store this afternoon! I got "Baby I'm A-Want You" and "Lost Without Your Love" by Bread, "The Stranger" and "Glass Houses" by Billy Joel, "Thick As a Brick" by Jethro Tull, "One Man Dog" by James Taylor, "Healing" by Todd Rundgren, "Time" and "Xanadu" by ELO, and "Bella Donna" by Stevie Nicks. All on vinyl and all for $10! Can't wait to listen!

SCORE!

Comment

• I finally get to go back to work tomorrow after a month off. I hate hospitals.

Comment

• I have a new laptop!! I'm really happy with it. And dad bought me Bioshock 2 Special Edition and a 1600 MP card!!! so u can imagine, I'm REALLY happy!!!

Comment

• My birthday's nearing and I went birthday shopping with my sister! I got a 99 cent whirley, and Lady Gaga's albums. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to go to Imogen's concert here in June, but for now, it's fun rocking to the Gaga Heaper with my 1 buck whirley.

edit 4.21: 14
                              Last edited by Ray; 04-21-2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• I'm happy as we got a new car, that my dogs are happy with.

And I'm extremely happy that they caught Linus' murderers!!!

About fucking time!

Someone finally stepped forward and identified them, they've been found to have done other B&Es, kidnapped animals, killed the pets and left them there on top of killing defenseless and harmless ones such as the three-legged Old English Sheepdog/Bobtail Linus that had taken a toy over to the fuckers.

sigpic
                                Non-blurry Signature Version
                                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X