Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
    Got the job

Only took 15 months after I graduated...

YAY! Congrats.

Comment

• Congratulations Gene, I hope it all goes well

Comment

• Well done, man! I can only imagine how long it'll take after I graduate.

Comment

• Long live the revolution of the people!
          Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
            Well done, man! I can only imagine how long it'll take after I graduate.
            Yeah, some people get lucky and find something almost instantaneously when they graduate. Others struggle a bit and it takes a while. I still haven't gotten a job that I think actually uses my degree...But then again, I'm not whole-heartedly trying to get a better job because I've pretty much convinced myself that I want to get my Master's in Business Administration, and will probably try to take some classes over the summer.

I still have "feelers" out though, and listen to any possible job offer. I've also learned that the world has become a more "who you know" sort of place rather than the actual merit of your degree or level of intelligence. This is crucial to those of you still in college: Expand your network as much as possible because you never know who you'll meet or who they will become later in life.

I've been happy because I got all my tax refund money today, so I've been spending a bit of it. I got some new clothes and bedding...And just a few random things I've wanted such as Plants Versus Zombies for the DS. Sweetness.

|AA|
            sigpic

Comment

• It appears as though I have potential relationship prospects, for the past four weeks or so I've been in regular correspondence with this girl. She's a friend of a friend, we met a couple of weeks ago and she's hanging out with me again today. Apparently she has bought me a card for Valentine's Day, as much as I dislike the idea of cards I will have to buy one for her too.
              See you in hell.

Comment

• That's nice, Mr. Spencer. A Valentine's card is quite straight forward, but make sure to clarify with her that you would like to take it to the next step. No one likes to be stuck in the "we are only friends" field.
                Freedom of Information.

Comment

• I am very very happy because one of my fav bands NEVERMORE are touring to Australia in June 2011!!! Anddd the venue they are playing at in Melbourne is owned by my friends dad, so it looks like I'm going VIP for free Hell yeah more money to spend on merch!! I can't wait!! Fuck you work I'm taking that day off The last I remember them being here was like 1999 so this is epic!! Small venue too so it should be nice and up close and personal. I will need a neckbrace after its all over

Happy times, now I have to sit n wait for June.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent View Post
                    That's nice, Mr. Spencer. A Valentine's card is quite straight forward, but make sure to clarify with her that you would like to take it to the next step. No one likes to be stuck in the "we are only friends" field.
                    She bought me a card, something which I did not to. Though I plan on buying her some flowers this Friday, sort of my way of making up for it.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Flowers always trump the card, go for it Spencer.

Comment

• Also chocolates. Good chocolates. Not only does it say, 'I don't mind if you get fat' they also taste good. And you can have some too!

Condoms are not a first date gift, however. Even as funny balloons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          She bought me a card, something which I did not to. Though I plan on buying her some flowers this Friday, sort of my way of making up for it.
                          Why not? You were keen on her before Valentine's Day, so it might have made her think you're not interested. I think the card is a clear sign from her that she wants you, why not just ask her and make a go of it?

Comment

• I agree with Alexia. It could be that it's too late right now. I don't know a girl that would like to accept a late Valentine's Day gift unless you really, really have a good explanation.
                            Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Well, he could just say he didn't realise it was Valentine's Day and he only realised when he got her card and he felt really bad about it, so to make it up to her and show her he feels the same way, he would like to take her for a nice dinner date with flowers and things. I think he just needs to show her he is still interested, because if I was that girl, I'd feel like the no card thing was a snub and that it shows the guy isn't interested. At the start of a relationship, anyway, when you're looking for signs of interest/a chance of a relationship. When you're in a long-term relationship cards become sort of pointless in my opinion because you should both know how you feel anyway. Me and Gareth don't really do much for V-Day anymore because we always do nice things anyway, no need to make an extra effort for a big commercialized holiday.
                              Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 02-16-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• This Valentine was the first for my girl and I. I got her a card strapped to a bag of special cookies. Cute, am I not?
                                Freedom of Information.

Comment

Working...
                                X