No announcement yet.

I'm Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting the Collector's Edition of Deus Ex next week. Didn't realise they were all individually numbered. Looking forward to putting my Adam Jensen figure in my room. Ordered the strategy guide as well, Limited Edition one I think, for my second play through. Only do that for very special games. Only one I will next buy the biggest edition for with a guide is Mass Effect 3.

Comment

• Jesus what a quick summer it has been at work. These past two weeks I have brought over 305 computers to Windows 7, with 10 left (admin machines) on Windows Vista left, that can't be touched until the staff arrive so we know which specific programs they use. But it feels great knowing all of this was me alone and feels good to see everything finally coming to Windows 7 in the school. I love my job.

Comment

• True story.

Comment

• Well, after being a bit of a ghost on this forum for 2-3 weeks, I'm feel pretty darn happy at the moment to finally be able to unveil my big Dragonball Z Kai fan-project--DBZK: Music Revival Selection. What is this, you may be asking? Well, long story short, the person who was scoring Kai in Japan apparently ripped off a couple tracks from the movies Avatar and Terminator, which resulted in his firing, and a complete rushed, shit job of changing the music to the original Z score. . .which would be fine, if that's what it was, but that's not what we've been given. The Kikuchi *shit*-mix is my endearing name for it. Repetitive, repetitive, unfitting pieces, and more repetitive.

Anyways, I had pretty much lost all interest in Kai, despite the new, COMPLETELY AWESOME dub from Funimation. A real feeling of being cheated. . .quite literally. So anyways, to cut to the chase, I figured out the 5.1 audio on the dvd/blu rays could to separated into 6 different wave files, giving me access to the Center track, which contains the voices and sound effects. So, with some ingenuity, I have gone about restoring the Kenji Yamamoto score to its former glory, but given the opportunity, I've decided to also make two additional mixes--an not Kikuchi *shit* mix(staying much closer to the placement of Original Jap Z), and even a Bruce Falconer American mix, but with some actual slience inbetween pieces(that, and cutting out the garbage ones). Anyways, I created a youtube account to help promote this. Don't know how exactly the dbz will respond. . .but it's certainly a bit exciting.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Don't know if there are any dbz fans here, but yeah. . .I love dbz. . .lots

More than I can say Resident Evil these days, haha.
          Last edited by valentinesdead?; 08-26-2011, 10:32 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• I've been a huge Dragonball fan since the early '90s. It's my jam! I was thrilled when they started playing the early DB stuff in '95, but was disappointed that it was missing it's original music (not to mention the copious edits). I still have yet to see an English dub that pleases me, unfortunately...

Do you have that big, 5-CD set of Japanese Dragonball songs and score?

----------------------------

On topic, a representative from Matthew Sweet's record label got a hold of me through YouTube and told me that, when it's closer to the release of his new album, he's going to send it to me. Couldn't be happier!
            Last edited by Dan Corson; 08-26-2011, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
              That would be Seperate Ways.
              LOL Having Ada Wong reading files that you could've read yourself is hardly my idea of a game having a story.

Just happy that we'll have an election next year.
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                Well, after being a bit of a ghost on this forum for 2-3 weeks, I'm feel pretty darn happy at the moment to finally be able to unveil my big Dragonball Z Kai fan-project--DBZK: Music Revival Selection. What is this, you may be asking? Well, long story short, the person who was scoring Kai in Japan apparently ripped off a couple tracks from the movies Avatar and Terminator, which resulted in his firing, and a complete rushed, shit job of changing the music to the original Z score. . .which would be fine, if that's what it was, but that's not what we've been given. The Kikuchi *shit*-mix is my endearing name for it. Repetitive, repetitive, unfitting pieces, and more repetitive.

Anyways, I had pretty much lost all interest in Kai, despite the new, COMPLETELY AWESOME dub from Funimation. A real feeling of being cheated. . .quite literally. So anyways, to cut to the chase, I figured out the 5.1 audio on the dvd/blu rays could to separated into 6 different wave files, giving me access to the Center track, which contains the voices and sound effects. So, with some ingenuity, I have gone about restoring the Kenji Yamamoto score to its former glory, but given the opportunity, I've decided to also make two additional mixes--an not Kikuchi *shit* mix(staying much closer to the placement of Original Jap Z), and even a Bruce Falconer American mix, but with some actual slience inbetween pieces(that, and cutting out the garbage ones). Anyways, I created a youtube account to help promote this. Don't know how exactly the dbz will respond. . .but it's certainly a bit exciting.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Don't know if there are any dbz fans here, but yeah. . .I love dbz. . .lots

More than I can say Resident Evil these days, haha.
                I've never watched Dragonball, but I LOVED Dragonball Z and enjoyed Dragonball GT as a kid. At the end of GT when Goku flies away with the dragon, it pretty much said to me that he'd never come back and I remember I cried and had the arse for ages. I still have when Goku turns SSJ and Gohan SSJ2 on my favourites on YouTube. Remember I also got really grumpy when Cartoon Network did a big break during the Android saga, just where Trunks has just discovered the other abandoned time machine and they found where Cell had shed his skin, and said it wasn't going to be on again till Winter. Was not amused. I used to have a huge Vegito plastic doll, I used to have the big posable dolls of Goku, one Super Saiyan, one normal. A huge army of DBZ figures. Have the entire thing on DVD, I remember nagging my mum like mad to buy me some DBZ figures from eBay, one of Goku SSJ when he comes out of the hyperbolic time chamber with Saiyan armor, and one with Trunks wearing the same as an Ascended Saiyan. The moment when Goku turns Super Saiyan for the very first time still remains my joint favourite moment in a TV show ever.

Comment

• This makes me happy

YouTube video:
                  sigpic

Comment

• Finally finished Silent Hill Homecoming at least 5 times just to get the costumes. I used the Konami code to get Young Alex costume.
                    The costumes were pretty ok. I prefer the ones in SH Origins. They're more challenging to get unlike in Homecoming in which you just simply save 5 times in the Prison area Spoiler:
                    and then achieve the different endings in each save file.

Honestly, it felt really easy at least i'm happy enough that i beat my both of my brothers Achievement Points hahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by ylj619 View Post
                      Finally finished Silent Hill Homecoming at least 5 times just to get the costumes. I used the Konami code to get Young Alex costume.
                      The costumes were pretty ok. I prefer the ones in SH Origins. They're more challenging to get unlike in Homecoming in which you just simply save 5 times in the Prison area Spoiler:
                      and then achieve the different endings in each save file.

Honestly, it felt really easy at least i'm happy enough that i beat my both of my brothers Achievement Points hahahaha
                      Makes me wonder - did people a hundred years ago complete games 5 times or just once through the celestial gods?

What are the affects of completing a game five times? Overly negative or positive?

Comment

• Bruce Boxleitner is going to be at the Armageddon convention in October.

My friend Tahlee and I are making Grid Suits just because of this~ I'll probably turn to mush when I actually see him though. How do you not sound like a stupid nerd when you tell somebody it is because of them you spent your childhood trying to fight for the users? Anyway, looking forward to it and a possible Fallout shoot on the desert road or in the Rangipo desert in the Summer.

Comment

• Mmm, tastes like Babylon 5.

Comment

• well to get all 5 endings. or we are just bloody bored hahaha

Comment

• Hey Alexia and Dan. Sorry I didn't reply much sooner, but I've been dealing with a staph infection on my right index finger the past few days, so yeah. . .really wasn't feeling to well there. Anyways. . .

Originally posted by Dan Corson View Post
                              I've been a huge Dragonball fan since the early '90s. It's my jam! I was thrilled when they started playing the early DB stuff in '95, but was disappointed that it was missing it's original music (not to mention the copious edits). I still have yet to see an English dub that pleases me, unfortunately...

Do you have that big, 5-CD set of Japanese Dragonball songs and score
                              Early 90's huh? You must have been into fansubs and stuff--which makes you even more old school than me. I first saw Z like most kids in America--during its first run of the Original Funimation Ocean dub on Toonami. Been hooked ever since, but quickly became more of a hardcore japanese fan inbetween the 3rd and 4th seasons thanks to the dedicated fansites on the interwebs at the time loaded with information of just how literally fucked up Funimation's dub was compared to the Original version. But things have changed in 10 years time, and come full-circle for Funimation as far as a real, proper English-dubbed version of Dragonball, or at least to me it has. Have you seen any clips. I'm a as hardcore a sub fan of the original, but I pretty much adore Kai's dub(and it's original score, as well). Seen any bits of it?(don't know if you watched the vid I linked, heh).

But as far as the 5 CD set--yeah, I got that, along with all the Faulconer stuff, and the recent Kai stuff. I also recently acquired alot of Kikuchi unreleased BGM from the movies from a guy who actually lives in Japan who ripped them from the laserdisc version of the movies. I plan on using them in my Original Japanese mix(since there's ALOT of cool pieces that unfortuatnly never got officially released), but sadly they're mono mixed as opposed to getting the lucky stero mix of the CD sets. But really, you don't really notice the difference I find unless your paying very close attention(or just nitpicking).

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                              I've never watched Dragonball, but I LOVED Dragonball Z and enjoyed Dragonball GT as a kid. At the end of GT when Goku flies away with the dragon, it pretty much said to me that he'd never come back and I remember I cried and had the arse for ages. I still have when Goku turns SSJ and Gohan SSJ2 on my favourites on YouTube. Remember I also got really grumpy when Cartoon Network did a big break during the Android saga, just where Trunks has just discovered the other abandoned time machine and they found where Cell had shed his skin, and said it wasn't going to be on again till Winter. Was not amused. I used to have a huge Vegito plastic doll, I used to have the big posable dolls of Goku, one Super Saiyan, one normal. A huge army of DBZ figures. Have the entire thing on DVD, I remember nagging my mum like mad to buy me some DBZ figures from eBay, one of Goku SSJ when he comes out of the hyperbolic time chamber with Saiyan armor, and one with Trunks wearing the same as an Ascended Saiyan. The moment when Goku turns Super Saiyan for the very first time still remains my joint favourite moment in a TV show ever.
                              Weirdly, I never got into buying much merchandise for the show(but then again, I rarely ever do), but yeah, I own a shit-ton of the original Funimation singles dvds that were 3 episodes for 25 bucks a pop. .. . .ah, the good old days. My actual fandom was mostly restricted to constantly reading up the old famed dbz sites of the time like Planet Namek, Daizex EX(the only one still around!), Vegeta's Insane/Ginga Giri Giri(my music video was inspired by the style of its webmaster, Castor Troy), and trying to run roleplaying guilds in AOL chatrooms and IM's on and off again for about a year or two. Some fun times, definitely.

Christopher Sabat(Funi voice of Vegeta, Piccolo) once said that dbz was like crack. Truer words have never been said. Esespically with the great new dub of Kai that honestly brings the original vision of Z for the first-time. Honestly, it's like watching a completely different show as far as the English side of things. Stuff like this on the Uncut Blu-Ray/DVD's also really, REALLY helps, haha.

Vegeta's Wrath in Kai (uncut version)Not as good as Drummond's take on this scene in my opinion but better than Sabat's Remastered take on the scene

The Famous "not gonna let this shake my composure" scene in KaiI'd imagine the nicktoons version is the same but without the "damnit"

And none of this

this

or THIS

sigpic

Comment

• I'm happy because I finished reading Lord of the Rings for the first time and it's one of the greatest things I read in my life, and watched The Return of The King extended cut because I was just so thrilled. Now I feel like slaying orcs and drinking beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X