Any Linux Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Linux Users?

I thought I would create a topic mainly about the Linux operating system. I was wondering if there are any users here? On my college laptop I run Ubuntu (which is Gnome) but also Vista (because I use Visual Studio which is all Microsoft). At our apartment we have 2 stationary PCs; one which we have just set up Linux Mint (Gnome) for and the other which has got Ubuntu 64 bit now.

Linux is generally a great operating system, it makes for the best server side also IMO and there are millions of companies today using Linux as server side. This might sound a bit harsh but if I ever to recommend someone who is tired of XP, I would tell the individual to check out Linux instead of Vista. Mainly because of, in my opinion, efficiency. And not to mention it's totally free.

Ubuntu (Gnome)
    Ubuntu is the modern, open source operating system on Linux for the enterprise server, desktop, cloud, and IoT.

Kubuntu (KDE)

(These are some of the many GUI OSs)
    Last edited by Trent; 08-12-2008, 01:29 AM.
    Freedom of Information.

I've mainly used two distros of the linux operating systems: Knoppix (STD) and Red Hat (6.2).

I use knoppix mainly for testing PC security and for retreiving account passwords for clients. Red Hat I got a while ago (2000) but I don't boot the PC its on since the power supply died and there's nothing much on that 5GB machine anyway... It's collecting dust in my closet... That machine was a dinosaur anyway

Comment

I don't really have anything to add to this topic, but RedHat kicks ass.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
      X