Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use a Cube best on a 32" LCD-TV

Hey guys,
    last week I bought a "LG 32LG3000" it's a 32" LCD TV.

I connected the gamecube (PAL) to it by the standart SCART-Cable wich was delivered with the Cube, I started playing RE4 (16:9) but it looks really ugly.

I also tryed the 4:3 mode, too but with the same result.

I know that it will never look like RE5 BUT it must give a way to get better quality on a 32" ???

Composite will always look fugly it blends video data down one wire.
    You need a proper RGB-Scart cable but to be honest I don't like LCD's either there contrast ratio is worse than CRT's imo everything looks either snowy white, too dark or too bright I could tell difference on this site's background images straightaway on CRT they look fine but on my AL1714 sm 17" monitor it look atrocious unless I fiddle with GPU my colour settings.
    EDIT: I see it's a HDTV get a GC component cable instead.
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-09-2008, 03:07 PM.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

If your GameCube is of the type that still has the digital output on the back, see if you can track down a component cable. (Or a D-terminal one and build or buy a converter for it) It'll breath some extra visual life into that Cube of yours.

Comment

I have heard aout this component cable and here in germany it is really really expensive 80€ ~ $110.

How much cost it in other countrys ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zomby View Post
          I have heard aout this component cable and here in germany it is really really expensive 80€ ~ $110.

How much cost it in other countrys ?
          You won't find it any cheaper. It was only released in Japan and was very rare to begin with.

Prime example of why Nintendo can go fuck off.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

yea i thought about going that route with my gamecube but after i priced everything out it would have been better for me just to upgrade to a wii and buy component cables for it.

Comment

Are Gamecube games with a Wii on a LCD TV better ?

Comment

the graphics would be the same but the wii wont have any framerate issues that the gamecube had

Comment

And how is the Wii connected to the TV, over an RGB or Component Cable ?

Comment

I know I got a component cable through a company called JoyTech a while back for $30 and it was better than S-Video. Now the only prob I have is that there is too much of a green tint with the Component cable.

Comment

Working...
                    X