Ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready?

me and my friend were discussing the likely hood of an actual zombie outbreak and we decided that it could actually happen; maybe not RE type zombies but 28 days later type is really possible since that virus was like rabies on crack. am i just crazy for actually have a outbreak plan and sleeping with a combat shotgun under my bed?

Nope. I'm, literally, building a zombie proofed house. The fact it'll also be proof against small military assaults and burglars is simply a bonus. Until then I do have a fall back plan or two...hundred.

Of course, being English I don't have a gun. Just swords, armour and food.

Comment

dang that sucks you cant get guns; so 28 days later is even more real to you

Comment

Well, naturally the only thing to do to eradicate a zombie apocalypse would be to move to the ocean and live on a submarine or something with a dedicated power supply (nuclear submarines, FTW) and then create a nerve gas that would only effect humans and apply it liberally before seeking more food supplies, weapons, etc.

Comment

i live about an hour from the coast and there are some fairly large islands off shore that nobody lives on since its a wildlife refuge and my friends have boats so my plan is to just make it there.

Comment

You're gonna wanna choose one you can defend. A lot of other people will have the same idea, including some of those lovely, 'I'm more important than you so you can die' types who'll become bandits and raiders in this kinda world. Choose one with as few usable places to beach a boat as possible. Hell, go scout them now. If you can't land you can still get maps and survey them from the beach.

And find out about them, if you haven't already. I know one of my friends planned to go a light house off the cost of my old town but had to reject the idea when wefound out that all the puffins there have turned it into swiss cheese. You can't walk on it.

Comment

I've heard of this parasite that can make an ant(or some kind of bug) climb to the top of grass.Then a bird comes along and eats the ant and the parasite can continue to live.

This is also a good read

We found out recently that if you try to leave a little kid in a graveyard late at night, he'll freak out. Even if you offer to leave him a gun to protect himself. Why? It's because on some instinctual level, all humans know it's just a matter of time until th

Comment

What I never understood was why nobody ever went onto the roofs of their houses when zombies were knockin' on the door in movies. Zombies couldn't climb ladders, so the roof would be the safest place.

Also, you could make a sorta porthole down into the kitchen for quick food-stops.

Comment

What I never understood was why nobody ever went onto the roofs of their houses when zombies were knockin' on the door in movies.
                  Because that would be smart for a while, but then you're pretty much stranded there with no real shelter. That's why I liked Diary of the Dead.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                    What I never understood was why nobody ever went onto the roofs of their houses when zombies were knockin' on the door in movies. Zombies couldn't climb ladders, so the roof would be the safest place.

Also, you could make a sorta porthole down into the kitchen for quick food-stops.
                    depends on the type of zombie; if they were the 28 days later type then we are all screwed

Comment

Working...
                    X