• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Music Shuffle Thread

K guys, here's how to participate:

1. Own an MP3 player/iTunes/etc.
    2. Shuffle your songs.
    3. Name the first 10 different artists that appear on your shuffle.

Why? It's fun to see what comes up. You can have your favorite band in the world not show up at all, and in the same instance have an artist come up that only has one or two songs on your iPod. It can give people a general idea of your music taste, or it cannot.

After you post the 10 artists, post how accurately the shuffle conveyed your taste in music.

Here goes:

1. Thrice - good band, not what they used to be.

2. Avenged Sevenfold - one of my top 5ish favorite bands right now.

3. Lucky Boys Confusion - Lol, used to listen to these guys in like 10th grade.

4. Story of The Year - see #3

5. Fort Minor - ahh, yes, Mike Shinoda's 'solo' efforts. One CD, lots of good things. Now he's back to doing Linkin Park things...

6. Chevelle - another top 5ish favorite band. Their sound and lyrics are killer.

7. The Beatles - do I need to comment?

8. Nine Days - HAHAHAHAAH, you guys remember this song? "This is the story of a girl/who cried a river and drowned the whole world." Interesting sidenote, that song was written about my 10th grade Italian teacher. Yep. Another sidenote, the band broke up and the lead singer is now an English teacher in my high school. Not joking.

9. Bullet For My Valentine - Dear God, it's about time they showed up. Probably my favorite band right now.

10. Linkin Park - whew, I was wondering where they were. Probably my favorite band of all-time, I've invested lots of hours into listening to LP.

Artists missing that I listen to a lot: Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Blindside, Bayside, Paramore,

There you have it. Although there's almost zero hip-hop/rap, my shuffle was pretty damn accurate for the first 10-15 songs...Now it's your turn!

Paramore - Emergency = OH MY GOD I LOVE <3 HAYLEY CAN SING FUCKING AWESOME LIVE ME LOVE THEM<3333

t.A.T.u. - You And I = OH MY GOD FAVOURITE BAND<3 THEY'RE SO FUCKING AWESOME IN EVERY WAY.

Madina Lake - Here I Stand = I like this band, but meh, not love.

Fall Out Boy - The Carpal Tunnel Of Love = I LOVE THEM BUT THEY SOLD OUT AGAIN!!!

Ami Suzuki - FREE FREE (Radio Edit) = OH MY GOD FAVOURITE JAPANESE SINGER <33

Serebro - Song #1 = Russian band in Eurovision who got to no. 3. SHOULD'VE WON!!!

Cascada - What Hurts The Most = EWWWW Cascada, my best friend put this on.

Emilie Autumn - Liar = OH MY GOD EMILIE AUTUMN MY GOTHIC PRINCECESS!!! BEST VIOLINIST, EVER!

Robyn - Be Mine = Ewww, Robyn

Panic! At The Disco - But It's Better If You Do = ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BANDS BUT SOLD OUT!!!!

Basically my favourite bands are there, excluding the crappy music.
    t.A.T.u.
    Paramore
    Emilie Autumn
    Panic!
    Ami Suzuki
    and Fall Out Boy
    Are my all time favourite artists. <3

Excuse my excitement and shouting. Please.
    Last edited by Gradon; 10-20-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Queen - The best band ever. The rest can quit trying.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - I've got to be in the mood for this. Usually it's driving home while it's raining.

Crowded House - Awesome Australian/New Zealand band. They craft the most perfect pop rock songs.

The Living End - Fantastic Australian punk / punk-a-billy band. The best live band I've ever seen too.

Nicotine - Japanese punk band. They sing in English. Alot of crap in their catalogue, but there is some fantastic stuff too.

A New Found Glory - I don't like these guys too much, but I love punk covers. So the only albums I have of theirs are their two "From the screen to your stereo" movie-theme-punk-covers album.

Killing Heidi - An Australian rock band. I like them quite a lot, but they haven't put out anything new in a few years now.

Sum 41 - A canadian punk band. Alot of people don't like them, but I really do. Their album 'Chuck' is sooooooo under-rated. And their album 'Does this look infected?' is sort of a soundtrack to my high school years, so there's a soft spot there.

Rivers Cuomo (Weezer) - Just a Rivers Cuomo demo, but he's the brains behind Weezer, and Weezer later recorded this song anyways (pig). Weezer's album Pinkerton changed my life, and is my favorite album ever.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Not a massive fan, but I do enjoy them a little. I only have their greatest hits loaded on, so I'm suprised they showed up

That's actually a really good smattering of my musical tastes. The only bands I'm sorta suprised didn't show up were Oasis and Nirvana, because I have tons of their tracks too. I'm more into older music, and mostly punk and rock style. The only 'RnB' track I have on my ipod is 'C U when U get there' by Coolio. The rest I don't like too much.
      Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 10-20-2008, 07:10 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Adam F - Circle (VIP 2000)
        DJ Hype - Disappear
        Paul Van Dyk - The Other Side (Radio Mix)
        Paul Oakenfold - Voyage Into Trance Albulm
        Yana Kay - Sun (Vortex Involute Remix)
        DJ Hype - Musically Dope
        The Black Mages - The Decisive Battle (FF VI)
        Mauro Picotto - Caracas
        The SOI - Freedom (Sta Remix)
        Vortex Involute - In Your Eyes

Comment

The Kooks - Sofa Song

RazorLight - Before I fall to pieces

The fratellis - Henrietta

Arctic Monkeys - Leave before the light come on

The View - Same Jeans

Phil Collins & Philip Bailey - Easy lover

Flock of Seagulls - I Ran

The Kooks - See the World

Arctic Monkeys - When the Sun Goes Down

James Morrison - Undiscovered

As you can see, I'm pretty much a Indie/Rock fan with a hidden like of 80's music :p

Comment

Score - Slyder
            I Ran (So Far Away) (12 Inch Extended Mix) - A Flock Of Seagulls
            Smalltown Boy (12 Inch Extended Mix) - Jimmy Somerville feat. Bronski Beat
            Falling Down The Mountain - INXS
            Scenotaph - Emanuel (need to get rid of this one...)
            Out Of Touch (12 Inch Extended Mix) - Hall And Oates
            When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000
            Lalala Girl - Paffendorf
            Relax (12 Inch Extended Mix) - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
            Duality - Bayside
            Nothing Compares 2 U - Shiny Toy Guns

Yes, I like extended mixes

Comment

Bjork - Declare Independence
              Kylie - The One
              The Long Blondes - Five Ways To End It
              Garbage - Milk
              Freezepop - Chess King
              Leila - Carplos
              Martina Topley Bird - Baby Blue
              Portishead - Seven Months
              Robots In Disguise - Turn It Up
              Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain

Yep that's a pretty good indication of what i listen to

Comment

The Sound of Animals Fighting (Experimental side project, really unusual sound)
                Blackfield (Beautiful Indiepop Side project featuring Israeli singer/songwriter Aviv Geffen and Steve Wilson of Porcupine Tree)
                Tool (What can you say about Tool? Absolutely incredible band)
                Mono (My favourite band ever! Instrumental post-rock from Japan. I had the honour of working for them at a show last year and it was one of the happiest days of my life)
                Akira Yamaoka (Composer of all things Silent Hill, a genius and one of my biggest musical influences)
                Every Time I Die (Dirty rock 'n roll/hardcore fusion, utterly bonkers and awesome)
                Subtle(Avant garde Hip Hop with really interesting lyrics)
                Deftones (You can't categorize this band, too dynamic for words)
                Thrice (The Alchemy Index trumps everything they've ever done if i'm honest)
                The Truth About Comets (Heh, my own band! Noisy progressive hardcore, give it a google if you're interested)
                Last edited by Gideon Quinn; 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Let's seeeeee...

Super Mario RPG - And my Name's Booster/Bukki
                  Macross Frontier - Aimo (Megumi Nakajima) (this series has some amazing music)
                  Ace Young - You Redeem Me
                  Xenosaga II - Communication Breakdown (Yuki Kajiura)
                  Bare: A Pop Opera - One (James Snyder, Matt Doyle, Jenna Leigh Green, and more)
                  Gundam 00 - Ash Like Snow (The Brilliant Green)
                  Saturday Night Live - Dick In a Box (Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg)
                  Cry Baby: The Musical - Do That Again (James Snyder)
                  Gundam SEED - Moment (Vivian or Kazuma) (Gundam SEED has SO MANY AWESOME VOCALS oh man. I can listen to them all on repeat all day. 8D)
                  Sokyuu no Fafner - Shangri-La (Angela)

This is a good idea of my taste in music. XD I have a boatload of SEED stuff on my playlist, since I love the music to the series. I also work at Broadway theaters, so lately I've been listening to a lot of that (Ace Young counts for this since he's currently in Grease where I've been at the most lately XD) I got a lot of James Snyder stuff after working at the Cry-Baby musical, hence the Bare. I love video game music as well, and I'm really into stuff from anime and some J-pop. :x

Comment

Cocteau Twins - When Mama was Moth (oh lord I love this band right now, experimental gothic post-punk would be the best way to describe them at this point, they shifted into different territories)

The Breeders - Night of Joy (this band features Kim Deal, bassist of the 80s "alternative" band Pixies. Incidentally this is off of their latest album, first one in several years. Brooding, minimal pop)

Lisa Germano - Around the World (third consecutive female vocalist. Not my favorite song off the album Happiness, but it ain't bad. Textured, jangly pop with the occasional violin or organ. Lyrics are sort of adolescent but I like that)

Swans - Mellothumb (Thank GOD this wasn't one of their 15 minute long dirges. I guess I'm not ready for this kind of experimentalism. Essentially ominous ambiance with strummed guitars)

Television - Foxhole (live) (Incredible early punk band from where I live . No frills; raw, yet skilled guitar and decadent vocals)

The Aislers Set - Hit the Snow (great jangly garage pop with female harmonies)

Faye Wong - Pledge (Cantonese pop. Nothing more to say really. Flutes 'n minimal guitars)

Astral - Transmitter (Not too big on this. Fast riff-based shoegaze with third rate Danzig/Ian Astbury vocals. I work at my college's radio station, we get a lot of crap that seemed promising at the time)

The Chameleons - Pleasure and Pain (They're a current favorite of mine. Post punk with psychedelic touches. Out of this world vocals and "sands of time" cod philosophical lyrics. I don't care about lyrics in tunes.)

Lilys - The Hermit Crab (Easily one of my favorite bands; I'm so glad this is the last track. Great driving mellow but distorted psychedelic pop. Very well produced)

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                      Garbage - Milk
                      Love that song ;)

Comment

Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The U.K.
                        Alice Cooper - I'm Eighteen
                        The Black Angels - Young Men Dead
                        Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away
                        The Ramones - Rockaway Beach
                        Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
                        Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight