Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High School Grads, What did you do After?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to University from 2004 to July 2007, so 3 1/2 years to do a 3 year course. I took 1 extra semester, because I couldn't timetable subjects I wanted to do it all in 3, and it lightened my load a bit. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science with a Major in Genetics.

I wanted to go back and study Genetics at a post-graduate level. But the post graduate courses only start in February (Semester 1), so I had 6 months to kill. I could have stayed at my old job, stacking shelves. But I decided to go overseas for 6 months and work teaching English. The problem is, I could only find 12 month+ contracts. I took an 18 month contract in Japan, and have been very happy.
    Come Feburary, hopefully I'll be starting a Masters in Genetics. The lab I want to work in researches the effects of copper levels in the body, and how that influences the onset of Alzheimer's disease.
    sigpic

Comment

College.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

I used to study electric engineering but I quit. Now I'm studying architecture. I don't really know what exactly I'm gonna do when graduated, time will tell.

Comment

I graduated from the International Academy of Design, diploma in Video Game Design and Development.
          Unfortunately where I live, in addition to some technical difficulties, I'm having a hard time finding a job in the field. Not giving up though!

Comment

I want to go to uni and become a primary school teacher

Comment

im in my 3rd year at Georgia Southern University pursuing a degree in IT

Comment

I'm currently enrolled in college and have almost completed my associates.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

College
                  Electronics course dropped after 6 months weeks got bored it no longer held my interest.
                  C+ and Pascal programming course dropped after 3 weeks got bored and they where only teaching basics, I wanted to learn more advanced stuff.
                  I Pro Level 2 finished course and passed.
                  I Pro Level 3 aka Cisco dropped out after 3 weeks found it too hard it was too fast paced for me you had to pass a test every week.
                  Currently bumming out thinking about taking up Cisco as a home learning course and doing it at my own pace.
                  Last edited by kevstah2004; 10-21-2008, 10:55 AM.
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Currently working on my bachelors degree in microbiology and computer science. Wish I could attend school full time to finish faster, doing one to two classes at a time is taking FOREVER, but with bills and rent to pay, I simply can't

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                      Currently working on my bachelors degree in microbiology and computer science. Wish I could attend school full time to finish faster, doing one to two classes at a time is taking FOREVER, but with bills and rent to pay, I simply can't
                      You ever thought of taking courses online, personally I can't stand online class though.

Comment

That's what I've been doing the last two semesters since it also saves a bundle on gas but the classes tend to be more expensive then the school based version which is a little crappy, but I guess it makes sense since it's more convenient... I tried doing 4 classes one time online, but I couldn't keep up with all of the material since one class moved really fast and the chatroom sessions with the teachers were at a time when I was at work so it didn't work out too well... So to play it safe, I'm only doing two classes at a time since I don't need my GPA to suffer

Comment

I studied physics for three years, quantum mechanics yo! I failed a course the third (last) year, but by then I had already decided to switch to petroleum engineering anyway. I will have completed my master in 1.5 year.
                          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I was always facinated by Theoretical Physics and GUT/TOE (Grand Unified Theories / Theory Of Everything) and got even more so during the time the show Sliders was on the air. Einstein-Rosen bridges and negative energy densities for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                              I was always facinated by Theoretical Physics and GUT/TOE (Grand Unified Theories / Theory Of Everything) and got even more so during the time the show Sliders was on the air. Einstein-Rosen bridges and negative energy densities for the win!
                              Yes it all sounds fascinating and all that, all until you get too deep into the calculations, when you have no idea what you're actually calculating anymore. I was originally planning to take a master's degree in elementary particle physics, but I got burned out, partly because I wasn't interested in studying as hard as it would require.
                              lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Working on the large hadron collider would have been cool with a degree in elementary particles (all I can do is help out by donating unused processor cycles with the LHC@home distributed computing client).

But yeah, the math in high energy physics is crazy! It's what drove me to biology in high school.

Comment

Working...
                                X