No announcement yet.

What's Your Religion and/or Beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thougth atheist didnt believe in anything and Agnostic believes in something , they just dont follow a certain religion. As for the gay and lesbian thing, you all seek out the christians you want to criticize. I dont know for sure if everything in the book is correct, but I do know there is a God..

Comment

You can't know that there is a god. You have faith that there is. If you could prove god existed, then you wouldn't need faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        I'm Noachide. Essentially a very early form of Judaism.

Why do I believe? Well, part of it is hope. It allows me a more peaceful life, and hope that when I die I'm reunited with my loved ones. I figure if I'm right I at least get to point and laugh at the Atheist folk. And if I'm wrong it's oblivion so you guys can't do nothing.

As a scientist, and an archaeologist, I find there is some evidence for God and the Torah, but then again there is for evoloution too. For example...the various dating methods we have to prove the Earth is several billion years old are falwed because, in essence, for much of the several billion years we have no idea as to the exact conditions on the planet. There may have been higher or lower background radiation and the like.

But when some folk says the world is, I think, 6000 or so years old and you look at how they came to the date they're so sure of...it's essentially guess work by scholars based on events that can be matched from the texts to history.

Both of them are, in fact, far from deffinitive.

Fun huh?
        Wow and archaeologist and a scientist wo believes in God, you are one who would truly need physical proof to believe.

@ Omega Project,

I never said I had faith in anything, not God, not life etc. And, thats the thing I dont even need faith to know that God exists. Stepping outside my door and taking a look is all the proof I need.

Comment

I was just arguing semantics

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
            You can't know that there is a god. You have faith that there is. If you could prove god existed, then you wouldn't need faith.
            mmmm... maybe i'll just wait to wesker become a god and start workshiping him!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beasley23803 View Post
              And, thats the thing I dont even need faith to know that God exists. Stepping outside my door and taking a look is all the proof I need.
              You haven't explicitly said what your religion is yet, have you? I'm just gonna go with your post and the statistics and guess you're probably Christian... >_>

Just looking at the world around you isn't proof that a "God" (or at the very least, the Christian God) exists. Hinduism has multiple Gods and I could probably throw out the same line and say that it's proof that Brahma exists or something.
              Last edited by JcFFx; 11-02-2008, 12:29 AM.

Comment

My parents are Christian, so I grow up with their beliefs... damn, I even went to a private salesian school for seven years, then I change to a public school where I learn a lot of things you don't learn in a school like the one I was. I don't know, I just don't bother about it and live my life as good as I can... I even hug trees from time to time... does being hippie count as a religion?

There's something I do like to belive and that's karma. But hey, you can be a really good person and that doesn't mean you can't get robed, cheated or killed.

And of course, if someone believe in god... that's his thing and I'm fine with that too.
                Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 11-02-2008, 12:45 AM.

Comment

@ JCFFx
                  I don't follow any religion.
                  And yes, stepping outside my door is enough proof for me. I have my reasons as to why I KNOW God exists. It's enough proof to know that something out there exists and that something for me is a God. That's why you have your books and I have life.
                  And why must i be a Christian because I belive in God, as you can see there are just as many members who dont follow anything, yet they still believe in or a God..
                  Last edited by beasley23803; 11-02-2008, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I personaly dont belive in god, ( crock a shit if you really want my oppinin) but i dont mind other religions, unless...they try to force you into their fukin religion, that really pisses me offff........

Comment

Lol, don't let Ms. Burst-A-Button-And-Kill-Millions Smith hear you say that

Comment

i dont give a shit if she hears it, she can go suck a cock like stevo said, lol

Comment

Originally posted by beasley23803 View Post
                          @ JCFFx
                          I don't follow any religion.

And why must i be a Christian because I belive in God, as you can see there are just as many members who dont follow anything, yet they still believe in or a God..
                          Well I haven't seen you say what religion (if any) you followed. Saying you believe in God usually makes me think of monotheism (and again, mostly Christianity).

I admit I'm being a presumptuous dick

Comment

I just converted to Kabbalah...

Comment

I think Jesus was probably a pretty cool guy

Last edited by Vector; 11-02-2008, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                                I think Jesus was probably a pretty cool guy

That is quite obviously Chris Redfield circa RE5!

Silly...
                                Last edited by Vogue_Dirge; 11-02-2008, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X