PS3: 40GB or 80GB ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3: 40GB or 80GB ?

I don't know If I can create a topic about this here,but . . .

I'm going to buy a ps3
    But I don't know which one of them I should buy,a 40GB or a 80GB

What do u think?

Thanks and sorry for anything

Well, apart from having more hard drive, as I understand it the 80gig has all the bugs ironed out that the 40 and 60 gigs suffered from. Essentially it's a more reliable choice.

Comment

Umm... As I understand it, the 80 and 40 gig is the same model.

I have the 60 Gig, and I absolutely love it. What bugs?

Comment

The 40 and 80 GB have the same system but the 80GB has more space I have the 60GB I havent got any bug.
        Last edited by Sephiroth; 11-05-2008, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Apparently the disc tray has started going. It's why the first PS3 I bought died. It couldn't read any discs.

I'm basing my knowledge mostly on gaming shop minions, though. How accurate they are...

Comment

Im planning on buying a ps3 in February, I too want to know every single thing that I need to watch out for!

Comment

Well, I've had my 60 gig for 1.5 years now, use it frequently and it's caused me no troubles at all...

It was, in fact, my Wii that had problems reading disks, 2 weeks after I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by beasley23803 View Post
                Im planning on buying a ps3 in February, I too want to know every single thing that I need to watch out for!
                What ever you do doint turn the PS3 off from the back while you are playing on a game or the memary data of that game is cruppted and you have to do that game all over again I did that with Soul caliber 4 and I lost every thing I had to start all over again and I was really anoyed so just be care ful not to do at.

Comment

My wii SUCKS!!
                  It's not reading my games ¬¬

I know the basic difference between both,but I wanna know somethings like:

-Both read blue-ray/DVD?
                  -PS3 have any problem? (Like wii's brick and X360' red lights)

Comment

Nothing in particular, no. I mean obviously some PS3s break down, all systems break down for various reasons. But the PS3 doesn't really have any quirks that are common to a large percentage of the systems.

Umm... I know it reads Blu-Ray... Does the new version read DVDs?
                    Last edited by Biohazard EX; 11-05-2008, 03:24 PM.

Comment

All versions of PS3 read standard DVD's.

Comment

Then yes. I still think extra $200 to make the PS3 fully backwards compatible (like the 60 gig version) was worth it.

Comment

I don't know what "bugs" people were talking about with the 60GB, but I haven't had any hardware-related issue. *knock on wood*

Only problems I've had have been software-related thanks to shoddy developing. *knock-knock on wood*

Comment

Yeah, I actually don't think I've ever bought a Sony product that had any problems with it.

Comment

It's best to get a 40GB, then buy a bigger HDD.

Currently... I bought a new "open box" PS3 from Best Buy for $350 (5 months back), then bought a 160GB HDD from ebay for $60. Well worth it. You need all that extra space cause most PS3 game at least need need 500MB-1GB of storage space, and you will run out of room quick on a 40GB.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                              X