Best deals you've ever had on stuff... and a little bragging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best deals you've ever had on stuff... and a little bragging

I was at a CDMAX a few days back and was browsing some used BD Movies as well as DVD's. I snagged the new Indiana Jones movie in 2 disc format on BD for $20, then I made out like a banshee on some used anime DVD's.

Man I couldn't believe it when I was looking through the anime section. I have been searching for a long time for "End of Evangelion" and "Evangelion: Death & Rebrth" on DVD. It isn't like they aren't hard to find on ebay, but ebay prices range from $20-$30 for used copies, so when I saw them both sitting there... I freaked. I couldn't believe it. Both were only $5.00 each!! They were official ones also. All the previous ones I nabbed off ebay were bootlegs and had horrible quality issues and were missing parts of the movies. I also found "Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - Deluxe Edition" for $10. Man I made out so good that day.

I even picked Goldeneye 64 for $3.00, though it's just the cart.

Also on ebay I nabbed a new portable headphone amplifier for $24 (had $110 in PayPal account). It's called the "Little Dot MK1+" and the amp is really nice. Nice smooth sound and timbrel/tonal balance. What a deal as well.
    So what about you guys?
    My Head-Fi Page

Well, I bought the limited edition Zelda: Ocarina of Time plus Master Quest, for the GameCube, for like $25. This wasn't that long ago either. Meanwhile everywhere else, it's like, $50.

Same with Silent Hill 2, Greatest Hits edition, I scored that bad boy for like, $25 also.

Gotta love eBay.

Comment

i was able to get a new warhammer 40k starter set for 60 bucks, restart gamefly for 2 at a time for 15 bucks this month, buy a 360 for 168 with tax NEW, and im gonna get call of duty 5 wednesday for 34 bucks.

Comment

Man I couldn't believe it when I was looking through the anime section. I have been searching for a long time for "End of Evangelion" and "Evangelion: Death & Rebrth" on DVD. It isn't like they aren't hard to find on ebay, but ebay prices range from $20-$30 for used copies, so when I saw them both sitting there... I freaked. I couldn't believe it. Both were only $5.00 each!!
        Lucky you.

Anyway. Silent Hill 1, MGS1 and Parasite Eve 1 all for 17 USD (converted).
        Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-05-2008, 09:24 PM.
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

I once sold a Biohazard 0 Trial edition for $42 USD. It cost me $5 HKD (so about $0.80 US cents).

And I paid 1000yen for a Birth of Biohazard VHS, on an auction that no one else found
          sigpic

Comment

I paid like $10 for Wesker's report... Japanese version, but it's spoken in English with Subtitles. Now it's at least $45.

Comment

Silent Mobious and Love Hina for $20. Both the complete series.

Comment

I got my PS3 on a special promotion, traded in 10 games that I didn't want anymore, and the PS3 cost me $400. Mind you this was when they were like $600.

Comment

Do you guys know www.eil.com? UK retailer of collectable CDs and records. So they had once sold a Nirvana "Nevermind" test pressing for £110, and it was out of stock. You can "order next copy" of an item, and they'll give you first offer when/if they find a new one. I did that, and when you do, you can write how much you'd want to pay - I just inserted the previous sale price, £110.

Some months later I got the option to buy it for that (this is limited to ten copies, so finding another copy is an achievement in itself). Naturally I did. Some months later another copy sold on eBay for $990.

This is the record, I have the one in the grey sleeve: http://crimson-ceremony.net/pr3/test...0038_test.html

I can't believe they let me have it for that. At the moment Nirvana test pressings were really starting to be expensive. Best deal I've got, given the tmie I bought it.

I got many of my test pressings before they were expensive. Overall my Nirvana collection has increased with several thousands of dollars.
                  lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                    I once sold a Biohazard 0 Trial edition for $42 USD. It cost me $5 HKD (so about $0.80 US cents).
                    You're kidding? They go for that much?
                    I still have 2 of those factory sealed in my attic!

___

Found a near mint condition of Akumajō Dracula X Chi no Rondo at a boot sale for £35.
                    Also found Super Castlevania on SNES factory sealed in a used game shop for £10.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      You're kidding? They go for that much?
                      I still have 2 of those factory sealed in my attic!
                      I sold it pretty much after I got back from Hong Kong, which was February 2004. I don't know what they're worth now, but I grabbed about 5 when I was there, and only sold that one.

And a bargain I forgot to include earlier. 5th Anniversary Biohazard boxed set. Missing Wesker's report and CVX - 5500yen ($55). I sold off all the parts seperately except the case & cardboard box for $200+.
                      I got it as a replacement for my old 5th anni case. My old case is a little scratched up, and has a tiny dent. So when I get home I'll use the old one as a sexy new lap top case
                      sigpic

Comment

PipoSaru 2001 for £6/$12.
                        I never even heard of this Ape Escape game, and it seems to be very fucking rare.

Comment

Okay, I ordered Evil Dead: Regeneration from an eBay store. So I received it in the mail.. All's good...
                          Then I received it again! I checked my Paypal, it was only charged once, yet they accidentally sent me two copies. So I still have the second copy factory sealed.

This also happened when I ordered a Fear Factory album, Transgression, off Tower Records website. They sent it to me. Then I receive another copy. So I have that one sealed as well. Maybe I'll use them as gifts.

Comment

I got a 60GB PS3 for $499 in July of 2007 right after the price drop, and a 32" HDTV for $549 Christmas of 2007.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is recieving a few really rare Dutch promo discs for Tomb Raider Legend that Cerberus so kindly sent me without even charging me for postage! I'm forever grateful, Cerberus

However, I did get a factory sealed big box Tomb Raider 2 GOLD for $35. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X