Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Michael Crichton

http://www.michaelcrichton.net/

He died on Tuesday, November 4 from cancer.
    Goddamit.

Um... who?

Comment

It's indeed sad news

@Helegad: His name might not ring a bell, but the stuff he created should ;)
      I guess the name most people associate him with is Jurassic Park, but he's done plenty of other stuff that should ring a bell. Wikipedia is your friend.

Comment

Here's hoping they make another horrible Jurassic Park sequel in his memory!

Comment

Oh, come on, Jurassic Park movies weren't that bad

Comment

Wow, I didn't know he died. I've read the first 2 Jurassic Park books and I loved em, more than the movies I'd say but both were decently good. May he R.I.P.

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
            Oh, come on, Jurassic Park movies weren't that bad
            The first 2 were fine, the third...... ugh

Comment

I loved the man's work. Really good stuff. It's a shame to have such talent go...

Comment

He did much more than Jurassic Park. We're talking Congo, The 13th Warrior, The Andromeda Strain, and even E.R. so many of his work has been done in to movies and series.

If you ask me alot of good writers are not givin their due respect. Robert Jordan died last Septemeber, but I only saw it reported on his fan websites.

What a shame........

Comment

Sad news, I had just watched one of his lectures last year on tv, just goes to show you how quickly one's health can disapate. I did love the Jurassic park, although I'm not to fond of how Hollywood changed his original story( In the original Hammond gets eaten by compy's, and Ian Malcom also dies, although he brought him back in the second book for appeal ). They've been talking about a fourth movie for awhile now.

It was originally going to be about the "virus" that "scrubbed all the dinosaurs from the face of the earth", srry, also coming back when they made the DNA in the first film. Hence, a scene of a dinosaur sick in a few of the films. Now, they've went from canning that script to writing a new one which has also been canned, mostly because it was about "soldier dinosaurs"(Think dinosaurs with gatling guns and armor...kinda like the boss of Umbrella Chronicles).There's a new script in the works but who knows.
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                  Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Crap. I haven't read Jurassic park yet, and was about to. Damn.

Comment

Sorry about that, I would have put spoiler tabs but I figured the book is 18 years old. It's pretty much the exact same deal as the movie other than a few hollywood switchups. Yea I forgot all about the 13th warrior, that's a very good story.
                      Last edited by REmaster; 11-19-2008, 06:53 PM.
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Jurassic Park will always be a classic

Comment

Crichton died? Really? Jurassic Park was one of my favorite books and movies as well. If this is the Congo I'm thinking of, I loved that too.

Comment

Last night on the late, late movie, I watched 'Westworld'. I had no idea that he also wrote that.
                            I saw the film about 20 years ago when I was very young and I remember it scared the shit out of me. That evil, cowboy robot was the original Terminator.
                            I wasn't sure how it would hold up. It had been so long since I had seen it and it was made before I was born. But it's still a great movie! I'll have to track down the book.

Jurassic Park is on tv as I type this. Gonna watch it again before I go to work.

Comment

Working...
                            X