PC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC question

Buy CyberpowerPC Desktop PC Gamer Ultra 7201 6000+ 4GB DDR2 500GB HDD NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

does anyone think this is a good deal. Im hoping for Xmas i cna talk my parents into fronting the extra 350 for it so i can buy it in jan.

Im an AMD fan

Yep, that's a sweet deal. But an Intel Quad would make it better

Comment

damn i should check if the mobos CPU is upgradable right..and is quad that much better?

Comment

amd rocks! that looks pretty good, i like ATI for graphics though especially since amd and ati merged and share technology

Comment

You can pretty much get a laptop with most those specifications nowadays, but for what it is, I suppose its a decent PC rig.

Comment

thats cool but for nearly the same i can get a rig with an quad core or a intel core 2 duo, whats better a 3.0 intel core 2 duo, a 2.4 quad core intel or a athlon XP2 6000

Comment

i wouldnt get a intel quad core. i heard they are shipping from the factory with flaws to increase sales

Comment

Aren't the sockets for Dual Cores and Quad Cores different?

Comment

No they are not.

You shouldn't buy a Dual Core, go for a Quad Core.
                  And it's not worth buying a intel CPU unless you don't care about upgrading or you plan to buy one of the new Core i7 processors.
                  Last edited by doomed; 11-10-2008, 05:21 AM.

Comment

ok i think i'll just get a custom laptop, whose better by the way

dell or HP?

Comment

hp ships with 64bit vista which is much faster and games are now becoming optomized for 64 bit architecture. devil may cry 4 is an example

Comment

I wouldn't have recommended either, but Dell is probably the better of both, if you're into ASUS they do some decent laptop deals too.
                        Shop around.

Comment

well i dun need one for gaming, i need one for my comic making and to take around conventions, as well as movie watching one the road

Comment

Fair enough, you can get a laptop pretty damn cheap then.
                            Older Brother picked up an Asus gaming laptop which pretty much runs all the current games on high specs for £670, although theres now an updated laptop for that price nowadays.

Comment

i live in the states, i only have B&M and internet. i dun need a gaming laptop but i need a reliable one with the speed needed to live my life. i game on consoles now so i want a laptop to work on my comics and gamefans. as well as DVD watching on long trips

Comment

Working...
                              X