Horror Remakes Galore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    The Friday the 13th remake is kind of a re-imagining. Jason is slimmer, and faster. He's like a wild beast. Sure, he's got the same mask, but that is his trademark. You wouldn't expect to see Freddy without his patented glove in the Nightmare remake, would you?

As for the Nightmare remake...I'm cool with whatever they do,m as long as Freddy stays evil and doesn't turn into a part-time stand-up comedian. The first Nightmare on Elm Street was scary, but as soon as Freddy started spitting out one-liners that were as bad as RE4 Leon's, I knew there was no going back. That's why the sequels were inferior to me.
    Well, no, but I'd expect the glove to be somehow different. Like, maybe made from a different type of glove initially. Maybe a different sweater or something.
    Either way, if it's just gonna copy the original design, then there's really absolutely no reason for a remake of it, so I won't bother.

Comment

I don't know...I think Freddy's glove and attire are fine the way they are. If they just make him scary again, and more demonic / evil in nature, then they are doing something right. I mean, the whole idea of a guy stalking you in your dreams - it's f***ing frightening. Ya know? Just skip out on the bad puns and the slapstick Freddy.

Same for Jason. I mean, his mask and machete and jumpsuit work fine. Just no more slow lumbering gait or the way he appears out of nowhere (teleporting?) like in "Jason Takes Manhattan."

If they're gonn remake something...keep the basic premise, just make it really scary and add some good production values and some good acting. That's my opinion. This doesn't mean, however, that they reuse the same plots and same characters. I don't want a shot-for-shot remake or anything like that.
      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-13-2008, 02:33 AM.

Comment

They're remaking The Thing?

Oh shit.

Oh no.

It doesn't need it!!!

Comment

The Thing remake? it's already remaked once..... lol.

Comment

The Thing? F that. How 'bout a remake of SWAMP THING?

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
              I don't know...I think Freddy's glove and attire are fine the way they are. If they just make him scary again, and more demonic / evil in nature, then they are doing something right. I mean, the whole idea of a guy stalking you in your dreams - it's f***ing frightening. Ya know? Just skip out on the bad puns and the slapstick Freddy.

Same for Jason. I mean, his mask and machete and jumpsuit work fine. Just no more slow lumbering gait or the way he appears out of nowhere (teleporting?) like in "Jason Takes Manhattan."

If they're gonn remake something...keep the basic premise, just make it really scary and add some good production values and some good acting. That's my opinion. This doesn't mean, however, that they reuse the same plots and same characters. I don't want a shot-for-shot remake or anything like that.

Well, in that case, the new Freddy movie should be a GOOD sequel, rather than a complete remake, because there's absolutely nothing wrong with the original Nightmare movie.

Comment

Child's Play? I hope they don't ruin it as they did with Bride and Seed, cause those both sucked a lot. I really liked Chucky being scary not a bad happy clown making jokes all the time. They killed his personality. They could've done the series go better, but they didn't.
                So I'm hoping they don't ruined it's original plot for that one, cause I'll be so damn pissed off about it.
                Last edited by Jill Lover; 11-13-2008, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I cant believe their remaking Candyman, the 90's wasnt even that long ago!

Comment

What's the point in remaking films that will just never be good? And what's more, what the heck is the point in remaking films that are already good?

I'm also not impressed with Hollywood remaking brilliant foreign films just so people can watch them in English. All they ever do is ruin them. People should stop being so bloody lazy and learn to keep up with subtitles. It's not the filmmaker's fault that some people haven't picked up a freaking book in ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
                      What's the point in remaking films that will just never be good? And what's more, what the heck is the point in remaking films that are already good?

I'm also not impressed with Hollywood remaking brilliant foreign films just so people can watch them in English. All they ever do is ruin them. People should stop being so bloody lazy and learn to keep up with subtitles. It's not the filmmaker's fault that some people haven't picked up a freaking book in ten years.
                      Well, I don't like reading subtitles. But dubbing never bothered me. But yeah, remaking the whole damn movie is just stupid. And like I said, kind of insulting to the source material. It's like saying, "Yeah, we like certain things about it. So we're just gonna make it our way using your ideas, because people will 'get' an American movie more.

Comment

Subtitles have never bothered me, provided they are GOOD subtitles, but I don't like the fact that I can't really lie on my side and watch a subtitled film, because that makes it hard to read. ^^;

It is a little insulting to people of both cultures in a way, huh? Like saying "Americans won't understand it. We'd better put it in English and totally cut out all the cultural references."

Comment

i just saw friday the 13th 8 and i have to admit, they did abused the whole teleportation to the pointi thought jason was freakin nightcrawler or a houdini splicer...big daddy Vs jason.

i'd pay to see it

Comment

Whoa. The Friday the 13th trailer looks hot.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                              Whoa. The Friday the 13th trailer looks hot.
                              link please?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X