Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basically because it's origin is Japanese; recently my brothers friend told me about how people dub over live-time Japanese movies, which is absurdly retarded. o.O
    I've wanted to get the Ghibli-Collection, basically because it is my favourite anime, I don't usually watch series', only movies.
    I do plan on getting it though.

Comment

• It was sort of a rhetorical question, but you have a valid point. It's not just for Anime though, anything Special or Limited over there is usually a lot better than what the rest of the world gets, even with CD's. 'Tis silly, and always costs a bitch to import.
      Dubs can actually be alright i've found (the English dub of So Close for example was well done). Fan-dubs though can be quite bad, i remember seeing a clip of a fan-dub of Battle Royale, which was cringe worthy.
      People keep telling me to watch the Ghibli films but i never have. I've got The Cat Returns but haven't watched it yet.

Comment

• I have 3 Ghibli films, Laputa, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirated Away, they are dubbed, but you're right, not all are bad, these are infact, a worthy dub.
        The only Anime I don't like is those disturbing gory ones, I mean, the real, real violent ones.
        And 4Kids, hate them so much, they ruined Sonic X. > : (
        Carrying on; good purchase.
        It looks interesting, might look into it.

EDIT:
        ~Mary Elizabeth McGlynn does Anime?! Oh My Jesus! O_o
        Last edited by Gradon; 04-08-2008, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
          I have 3 Ghibli films, Laputa, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirated Away, they are dubbed, but you're right, not all are bad, these are infact, a worthy dub.
          Laputa sounds really weird to me, in spanish it means "Thewhore".
          Last edited by RE-Hiro; 04-08-2008, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• O.O LMAO!
            Sorry; honestly, doesn't mean that though. Flying Castle I think it means, in Japanese...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
              O.O LMAO!
              Sorry; honestly, doesn't mean that though. Flying Castle I think it means, in Japanese...
              Don't worry, hahah, that's why the spanish name for the movie was different.

Comment

• Never watched any of the anime above but im into Dragonball z (who isn't), excel saga, afro samurai, tenchi, one peice etc
                I would love to get to watch the final fantasy anime but heard its crap but if i find a cheap set i'll look into it.
                Well back to the subject my 10th annie series 1 and 2 came in, forgot how well Neca makes their resident evil figures.

Comment

• hey, i just sold my Nintendo Browser!!! $21 US dollars!!

Also i sold my Zelda twilight princess for wii!!! $50 Us dollars!!!

More money for more RE items!!!!
                  Yay!!!
                  Last edited by RE-Hiro; 04-08-2008, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Anybody interested in buying a lot of the RE Toybiz figs? I have almost all of em except for Birkin Type 3/4, RE 1 Tyrant, and RE2 Leon (sold him). I'm thinking of making an Ebay account just to sell them off (in desperate need of money to buy stuff that I now collect: anime figs) since I'm going to Japan next month.

Last edited by biohazard_star; 04-09-2008, 10:55 AM.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• Just bought Corvette Fuel Rail Covers for my engine bay

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                        Anybody interested in buying a lot of the RE Toybiz figs? I have almost all of em except for Birkin Type 3/4, RE 1 Tyrant, and RE2 Leon (sold him). I'm thinking of making an Ebay account just to sell them off (in desperate need of money to buy stuff that I now collect: anime figs) since I'm going to Japan next month.

i'm interested in series 2, but are they MOC?

Comment

• No, they're all LOC. Some of them have a few minor damages here and there, but they're easily repairable with a few touch-ups.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Just bought Ape Escape: Pumped And Primed!!
                            Such a shame it wasn't released in UK.

Still waiting for my signed t.A.T.u. CD's...
                            Not long now.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be funny if they didnt come
                              All thanks to my fake Tatu website that ur family told you not to buy from hee hee

Comment

Working...
                              X