what to look for in a laptop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to look for in a laptop.

im looking for a laptop and its been a while since i got one.

what are some things i need to look for in one besides avoiding integrated intel graphics? what speed is decent for normal work? should i get it with an integrated video card or not? is 3 to 4 too much and most of all. should i get it wtih 32 or 64 bit vista premium?

64 bit vista, dual core, 2 gigs of ram

Comment

Originally posted by mamock116 View Post
      64 bit vista, dual core, 2 gigs of ram

is this good

Comment

You might also want to consider weight too, if you're going to be travelling with it.
        Battery life, cost of extra batteries. Warranty and what it covers.
        My mother has a super-expensive tablet IBM lap top (provided by her university), which doesn't have a drive for any sort of disc media (so no CDs or DVDs). I'm not sure if that's a trend or not.

Maybe also make sure that it's either got a touch pad or a little nub thing to use the mouse. Whichever you prefer. I like touch pads, and I can't stand the little nub thing (but usually I just plug in my mouse ;) )

Wireless networking is a must have. But I assume it's standard. Just make sure you get that included .
        sigpic

Comment

well i have a travel module we usually use for a gamecube for long range travel, i usually bring the plug wheni teravel too, and im only out of the house longer than an hour.

i can barely afford the PC, but don't laptops and PCs have a warranty?

Comment

well i have a travel module we usually use for a gamecube for long range travel, i usually bring the plug wheni teravel too, and im only out of the house longer than an hour.

i can barely afford the PC, but don't laptops and PCs have a warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
              yes hp make good laptop and the turion are really good processors

Comment

sweet. im all set!

Comment

I would prefer to go with Intel, since they're the leaders at the moment ;)

Comment

well in my budget and my better XP with AMD than intel (owned an intel PC and an AMD and the AMD ran awesome until the PSU died) im gonna have to go with AMD

Comment

Hmm, just bad luck I suppose on Intel's side. But I prefer them anyway

Comment

im runnin my tower on an AMD, and it ran great untill a few days ago, then my comp just crashed ( think its the power supply ) but yea, id go with HP or Tosibia, with the tosiba, my family has 6 computer and 3 of em are toshiba's and they all run perfect. weve had one for like 5 years or more and its still prefect.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                          I would prefer to go with Intel, since they're the leaders at the moment ;)
                          yea they are leading as of now but AMD will make a comeback its all personal preference i use AMD and ATI with all the systems i build (built a good many) but my friend is running Intel and Invidia and his runs like a champ

Comment

well i ran Nvidia with AMD on my old Emachine and it lasted me a good 3-4 years before the power supply died on me.
                            Last edited by riderkid; 11-20-2008, 10:00 AM.

Comment

yea thats an emachine or ya. they come with cheap components

Comment

Working...
                              X