No announcement yet.

The Eleventh Doctor has been revealed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eleventh Doctor has been revealed.

And who is replacing our beloved David Tennant as the next Doctor?

It's Matt Smith, which was revealed no less than ten minutes ago or so on BBC One. It has to be an RTD decision, just look at him. They even had Fall Out Boy playing in the background. FALL OUT BOY. It wouldn't surprise me if it was RTD, his final action of shittery as he leaves the series. Like the man who kicks his tyres before he leaves.

Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-03-2009, 12:21 PM.
    See you in hell.

LOL. I bet people will be off him for a while but eventually, he'll get the fame David did.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
      And who is replacing our beloved David Tennant as the next Doctor?

It's Matt Smith, which was revealed no less than ten minutes ago or so on BBC One. It has to be an RTD decision, just look at him. They even had Fall Out Boy playing in the background. FALL OUT BOY. It wouldn't surprise me if it was RTD, his final action of shittery as he leaves the series. Like the man who kicks his tyres before he leaves.

...who?

Comment

He's been in a few dramas over here, but I've never seen him before.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Hopefully he does well

Comment

A friend of mine put it best:

RTD continues his tradition of trying to reach out to 17-something teen girls with melodramatic turns and now a pretty-boy lead that no one with a brain-cell will take seriously as a 900 year old Time Lord. Woohoo.
            I've noticed this kind of thing to be a common eventuality with things that I like, so as such I've come to accept it. Series that I used to enjoy destroyed by modern standards and expectations.
            Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-03-2009, 02:32 PM.
            See you in hell.

Comment

I've noticed this kind of thing to be a common eventuality with things that I like, so as such I've come to accept it. Series that I used to enjoy destroyed by modern standards and expectations.
              remember...

theres still the audio dramas

Comment

Who were the first 10 doctors?

What? I'm confused.

Comment

First Doctor played by William Hartnell 1963–1966
                  Second Doctor played by Patrick Troughton 1966–1969
                  Third Doctor played by Jon Pertwee 1970–1974
                  Fourth Doctor played by Tom Baker 1974–1981
                  Fifth Doctor played by Peter Davison 1981–1984
                  Sixth Doctor played by Colin Baker 1984–1986
                  Seventh Doctor played by Sylvester McCoy 1987–1989, 1996
                  Eighth Doctor played by Paul McGann 1996
                  Ninth Doctor played by Christopher Eccleston 2005
                  Tenth Doctor played by David Tennant 2005–2010

Thoses are the 10 doctors I will say Patrick Troughton is my Doctor he was like a wizard and the fact that he was the second Doctor if Patrick Troughton and that fact that William Hartnell's Doctor was a grompy old man and I think if Patrick Troughton did not take on the role I doint think that Dr Who whould have lasted has long as it has it been going on fore 45 years and that is a long time.

I was suprised when I heard the next Doctor was 26 years old I had this picture in my head ofthis good looking person and it turn out to be Matt Smith my dad's jaw droped off he was confinced it was going to be a black person playing the Doctor and I thought and hoped it whould be a female but I saw Matt Smith I was suprices I just hope Matt Smith does well as the Doctor I hope brings a new Doctor to the new series im going to miss David Tennant when he leves but that the law of Doctor Who actors come and go I foget that one day each actor must leves and other one takes there place that what I love about Dr Who.

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and guess this is some kind of European phenomenon.

Comment

Doctor Who is pretty popular here too, though not as big. Its been on for years, I know my mom watched it as a kid so.

Comment

You must be cursed. I sometimes feel the same way. Just think though, after this guy fucks up the viewing figures, they'll get someone else again, probably try and get Tennant back in again. Hopefully...

Comment

well look at the brightside...

we still have davison, baker, mcCoy and mcgann doin audio plays and who knows, maybe tom baker will do one in the future

Comment

Considering filming of the new series won't start until late 2009 early 2010 at the latest, I think everyone will have their fair share of time to bitch about the new choice, can't say im that big on it myself, definitely giving the guys credentials seems to be yet another RTD bombshell.

Im hoping it works out, but if it doesn't then at least Doctor Who had a good 3-4 year run, let it die for another 10 years then reboot it once again for a more mature audience.

Comment

Bring back Eccleston.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X