• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I GOT RIPPED!

ever got ripped off?

the item not working?
    the item was broken when you got it?
    something important missing?

well in here tell us what you got ripped off of.

about 8 months ago i bought 2 airsoft guns for 25 bucks i paid them by paypal
    and it takes 2 months to get here,
    then when i get them i shoot 4 bb's and it jams on me,
    so i clean it out and then the gun just turded out
    it only worked for about a hour and a half

$25? That's $12.5 a piece! Sounds like you were lucky that those things could even shoot anything at all ;p

Comment

Yep, in fact it just occured this past week. My parents bought Super Bowl tickets off a vendor who is associated with Ticketmaster.

When they got the tickets, there was only cut up pieces of magazine inside the cardboard envelope to make it look like tickets.

Those damn things were $2000 a piece and they ended up getting four total. Plus they paid for a plane ticket and hotel for Tampa.

Needless to say my parents contacted the authorities, but they did manage to get their money back.

Comment

I've bought Band of Brothers blu ray but it's not turned up for the past 2 weeks when it was supposed to take 1-2 working days. The seller wouldn't reply to me and I've had to raise a claim on PayPal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker's Shadow View Post
          Yep, in fact it just occured this past week. My parents bought Super Bowl tickets off a vendor who is associated with Ticketmaster.

When they got the tickets, there was only cut up pieces of magazine inside the cardboard envelope to make it look like tickets.

Those damn things were $2000 a piece and they ended up getting four total. Plus they paid for a plane ticket and hotel for Tampa.

Needless to say my parents contacted the authorities, but they did manage to get their money back.
          Steelers fans, I presume?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            Steelers fans, I presume?
            Yep, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, lol.

Football isn't my favorite sport. The only time I do watch is during the Super Bowl. My parents and siblings are more of the hardcore fans.

Comment

I bought a DVD once via Mercado Livre (that's like the brazilian equivalent of Paypal)... R$ 20, like 8 dollars, a little cheaper than the regular price of a DVD in here.
              I was surprised when I opened the package and saw a copy.... and a shitty coppy I must say, it didn't even work.

I tried to contact the seller and the website. Never got my money back =/

Comment

I'm so glad someone made this thread.

Recently, I've been totally gypped as the seller instead of as the buyer. At the beginning of this month, someone bought three doujinshis from me. When they didn't show up right away, the girl emailed me to ask me if I sent them. I confirmed that I sent them and gave her the tracking number, and she waited a couple of more days before emailing me again to claim the package still hadn't arrived.

I checked the tracking number myself and saw that it stated it HAD arrived, so I told her this, and she denied having received them. I was really suspicious about the whole thing, but I trusted her word and thus felt absolutely awful about the whole thing, because I've done countless transactions with people--overseas and within the US--and a package had never been lost. I told the buyer to wait until the end of January for it to show up, and it if it didn't I would completely refund her money.

A few days ago, she filed a dispute against me on Paypal, then emailed me and said, "I decided not to wait until the end of the month. I want my money back." I was absolutely pissed! For one thing, I clearly stated I would refund her money, so there was no reason she had to file a dispute against me. Secondly, why didn't she email me FIRST instead of filing the dispute?

Even though I was pissed, I ended the dispute by refunding her money right away, and I gave her endless apologies about the package being lost. I also told her that if the package ever did arrive at her doorstep that I would like to know just so my mind could be at ease, and because of all the trouble, I would not insist she pay me once again.

Just yesterday she emailed me and said, "Oh, the doujinshis arrived a few weeks ago, but my friend had gotten the mail that day and never gave the package to me," and I just wanted to yank all my hair out! I knew she had been lying about the whole thing to begin with, and the fact she weaseled her way into getting her money back even though the package had arrived left me infuriated. I knew I should've trusted the tracking number when it stated the package had arrived in her city!

Seriously... I know sellers can be real jerks sometimes... but buyers can be just as bad. I'm still so upset about this, and it makes me never want to sell anything on eBay or anywhere else again for a long, long time!

*huff* Sorry... I just totally needed to get that off my chest!
                Last edited by Bianca; 01-31-2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                  I'm so glad someone made this thread.

Recently, I've been totally gypped as the seller instead of as the buyer. At the beginning of this month, someone bought three doujinshis from me. When they didn't show up right away, the girl emailed me to ask me if I sent them. I confirmed that I sent them and gave her the tracking number, and she waited a couple of more days before emailing me again to claim the package still hadn't arrived.

I checked the tracking number myself and saw that it stated it HAD arrived, so I told her this, and she denied having received them. I was really suspicious about the whole thing, but I trusted her word and thus felt absolutely awful about the whole thing, because I've done countless transactions with people--overseas and within the US--and a package had never been lost. I told the buyer to wait until the end of January for it to show up, and it if it didn't I would completely refund her money.

A few days ago, she filed a dispute against me on Paypal, then emailed me and said, "I decided not to wait until the end of the month. I want my money back." I was absolutely pissed! For one thing, I clearly stated I would refund her money, so there was no reason she had to file a dispute against me. Secondly, why didn't she email me FIRST instead of filing the dispute?

Even though I was pissed, I ended the dispute by refunding her money right away, and I gave her endless apologies about the package being lost. I also told her that if the package ever did arrive at her doorstep that I would like to know just so my mind could be at ease, and because of all the trouble, I would not insist she pay me once again.

Just yesterday she emailed me and said, "Oh, the doujinshis arrived a few weeks ago, but my friend had gotten the mail that day and never gave the package to me," and I just wanted to yank all my hair out! I knew she had been lying about the whole thing to begin with, and the fact she weaseled her way into getting her money back even though the package had arrived left me infuriated. I knew I should've trusted the tracking number when it stated the package had arrived in her city!

Seriously... I know sellers can be real jerks sometimes... but buyers can be just as bad. I'm still so upset about this, and it makes me never want to sell anything on eBay or anywhere else again for a long, long time!

*huff* Sorry... I just totally needed to get that off my chest!
                  damn that blows, what was her feedback rateing? i only buy from people who have 100%-98.7%

but i just remember getting ripped off from that @$$hole Shido on here
                  i bought a palisade chris, neca hunk and palisade hunter for $55 bucks
                  i PMed him 10000x a day but he never replied back after awhile he started to
                  not log on anymore
                  he hasnt been on since novemember 2007

tho the best part is, is that i still have his address in my pm box
                  so if i ever decide to go to his town
                  hes gonna have a surpise visit from my fist to his face lol

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                    damn that blows, what was her feedback rateing? i only buy from people who have 100%-98.7%
                    Unfortunately, for me, this was a transaction through a sale I was doing on my LiveJournal account, so eBay wasn't involved in this one. I've never had any problems with sales off eBay, so this really discouraged me. Bawww.
                    Last edited by Bianca; 01-31-2009, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                      Unfortunately, for me, this was a transaction through a sale I was doing on my LiveJournal account, so eBay wasn't involved in this one. I've never had any problems with sales off eBay, so this really discouraged me. Bawww.

damn dude that sucks
                      ive never really sold anything on ebay or amazon or watever else there is before
                      i always think im gonna get ripped or something
                      so i usually just buy
                      eventho sometimes i still get ripped lol

Comment

I bought a copy of GTA Advance a few years back for $47 AUD. It turned out to be a bootleg.

Comment

when i got RE1 of ebay, i opened it up and tried to play it, and the disc was all scratched up, the game still played a bit, but it keept freezing up, and worst of all, the dialoge was broken, there was hardly any sound, i had to play without hearing any of the voice acting, i was so pissed, i went and paid extra money just to get a disk clean so i could play it properly, it's fine now.

Comment

RE1's dialogue is essential to the game: Jill sandwiches are so important

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                              RE1's dialogue is essential to the game: Jill sandwiches are so important
                              you cant have RE1 without a Jill sandwich

it's why i was so pissed about it, the dialoge is the best part about RE1 i think, but it' fixed now, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X