New Simpsons Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Simpsons Intro

Ok its about time, the Simpsons have upgraded their intro to HD. I'm not a big fan of the Simpsons but I do enjoy to watch it when its on, although in England we get loads of repeats, don't know if thats the same worldwide. But i'd stick with being a hardcore Family Guy fan:

HD Intro:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by nemesis_lover; 02-22-2009, 07:55 AM.

i have to say its nice and all but i like the old one better

Comment

Well what can I say the Intro was really funny I like it alot more to the old ones and Hommer got hit by the car at last

Comment

I stopped watching The Simpsons during season 13. Since then, it's never been the same. I still love and cherish the early seasons, and I'll always love the series for what it once was, but it jumped the shark a long, long time ago.

I'm really sad to see the classic opening go. This new one just doesn't cut it.

Comment

Simpson's hasn't been the same since the old writing crew left around season 3-4.
          I also hate what they did to Mr Burns who was by far my favorite character in the original seasons, probably due to him being a pure evil bastard with aspirations of world domination and a plan no one knew about but somehow Homer fit in the middle of :p.

Then they changed him from Evil Businessman to senile comedic foil, so I stopped watching it.

Comment

First 8 seasons were solid, 9-11 were and still are watchable... 12 onwards bailed. I haven't watched the show at all for the last six years. Except for the movie.

Comment

i stopped watching the simpsons around 7 years ago, ill watch the older episodes but other than that
              id rather watch "one way out" or "NCIS"

Comment

it's not as good as the old one, and it doesn't feel the same, but i do like how Homer gets hit my the car, and otto eats the nuclear stuff.

i haven't watched the simpsons in ages either, i like Family guy way better.

Comment

Simpsons was good, but thats it, it was.
                  It has probably done every single joke by now, they have just gone on too long.
                  And The Simpsons Movie was horribly overrated, worst, Simpsons, experience, EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                    Simpsons was good, but thats it, it was.
                    It has probably done every single joke by now, they have just gone on too long.
                    And The Simpsons Movie was horribly overrated, worst, Simpsons, experience, EVER.
                    i made it half way into the movie and just passed out due 2 bordum.

i think the simpsons time has passed and over with, i think they should stop making em

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                      I stopped watching The Simpsons during season 13. Since then, it's never been the same. I still love and cherish the early seasons, and I'll always love the series for what it once was, but it jumped the shark a long, long time ago.

I'm really sad to see the classic opening go. This new one just doesn't cut it.
                      I'd say I agree with this assertion. Mike Scully's seasons aren't as bad as people say they are, some episodes are definitely gems, but yeah the quality slipped and it completely plummeted around 13.

I expected to completely hate this new opening but some great, funny staples of the series can be found (the crow cawing near the nuclear power plant, absurd Krusty endorsements, the cash register giving the the original price with the added bonus of baby Gerald, Hans Moleman). I have a problem with Homer actually getting run-over.

Unfortunately we'll probably never get either the joke-after-joke-after-joke immense hilarity of David Mirkin's episodes (Season 5-6) or the well written and memorable aspects of the Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein episodes (season 7-8). Plus, John Swartzwelder no longer writes scripts, which is a huge fucking bummer.

Comment

I like the new intro...with the exception of the couch chase which was pretty funny. But the old intro is a classic and is overall the best. But yes Homer getting hit with the car FINALLY!!!

Comment

Should have been cancelled after season 10. After cancelletion one good movie what gives satisfying conclusion.

The End
                          Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I still watch the show and will admit that it stopped being funny years ago. There are a few episodes here and there that are funny but the show should end soon. The intro was ok and think there is nothing left for the show to do.

Comment

Working...
                            X