Cheapest CD you've ever bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Resident Evil 2 for 50p. Hey, they're sorta CDs...
    See, that's different. That's something you would want, as opposed to something that you KNOW you won't want. If someone was selling a copy of Zone in the Enders for a few quid, I'd probably snap that up and consider it a bargain. But if I saw someone trying to flog me a CD of Britney Spears' Greatest Hits for the same price, then I wouldn't even bother.

It's the typical youth mindset today, buy cheap shit you don't really need, then chuck it out and buy more cheap shit. If there's one thing we need to do as a society, it's to discourage such blind consumerism in the younger generations.

Everyone else in this thread has posted about buying something they actually wanted, be it a WWF music album or a t.A.T.u. album or whatever, but you Helegad, you even said that it was a load of shit even before you bought it. If someone was selling you a bag full of dog crap for a few Aussie dollars, would you shell out the money for it because it's cheap?

In short.

Buying something for cheap that you actually want - A bargain.

Buying something for cheap that you don't want - Stupidity.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-26-2009, 01:48 AM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
      See, that's different. That's something you would want, as opposed to something that you KNOW you won't want. If someone was selling a copy of Zone in the Enders for a few quid, I'd probably snap that up and consider it a bargain. But if I saw someone trying to flog me a CD of Britney Spears' Greatest Hits for the same price, then I wouldn't even bother.

It's the typical youth mindset today, buy cheap shit you don't really need, then chuck it out and buy more cheap shit. If there's one thing we need to do as a society, it's to discourage such blind consumerism in the younger generations.

Everyone else in this thread has posted about buying something they actually wanted, be it a WWF music album or a t.A.T.u. album or whatever, but you Helegad, you even said that it was a load of shit even before you bought it. If someone was selling you a bag full of dog crap for a few Aussie dollars, would you shell out the money for it because it's cheap?

In short.

Buying something for cheap that you actually want - A bargain.

Buying something for cheap that you don't want - Stupidity.
      agreed, why waste your money on something you don't want or need, and besides i wouldn't accept a britany spears CD if they paid me to take it.

kids these days are idiots sometimes.

and besides, 10 cents for a Rap CD is overpriced in my opinion, you got ripped of Helegad, demand your money back.
      Last edited by missvalentine; 02-26-2009, 03:58 AM.

Comment

They had a SkitzMix CD there for fifty cents, I was gonna buy it but the lady was behind the shelf for five minutes looking for the actual disc, then came out and said "oh we don't have the disc kthx".

Comment

i jsut got george carlin back i ntown for 5 bucks used...still love it

Comment

Amazon is your friend. I've bought a lot of great CDs new for $0.01 (though they each had a $2.00 shipping charge) through alternate dealers and I've never had a problem with any order.

Comment

wow spencer, that actually made alot of since,

Comment

I walked into FYE recently changed from Planet Music in Virgina Beach and bout JED by Goo Goo Dolls for less then eight dollers, not only is that cheap for that cd but its also a rare find, it was a non scratch cd, never open sleeve book and non cracked case.

Comment

Hey, Helegad I'll sell you this piece of dog shit I found outside my house! Real cheap, only $0.30!!!

But, uh, cheapest CD? How about zero dollars and zero cents. Paying money for something that you can't even get in any trouble for downloading (in America) is very, very stupid. Like Helegad stupid.

Comment

I would pay ten cents for something I can actually use.

The only thing I would get out of buying dog shit is an unpleasant smell.

Anyway, went back to Sanity today and got this CD for fifty cents. Bargain. Not too bad sounds either

Comment

50p..damn, I got my Resident Evil 2 for £50 on release day from WHSmith. Ouch.. but it was worth it.

Comment

Carboot sales. I loves them because I am cheap!

And I'd worn my other copy out. Again.

Comment

^^ I found it for £2 in GameStation, I litterily screamed when I saw it, but the ONLY day I HAD NO CHANGE.
                          It wasn't Platinum either, original release, was perfectly fine.
                          The next week, it was gone, sigh.

Comment

Yeah, I found a copy of RE2 in Gamestation for a couple of quid. Just had to pick it up. Mind you, there's a copy of the original Suikoden in there that's going for almost £50.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Mind you, there's a copy of the original Suikoden in there that's going for almost £50.
                              I guess that purchase can be justified if you own Suikoden II PAL (which is more complete than Suikoden II US) and wish to transfer your memory card data legitimately. I guess they get a lot of calls about that. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                                I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who once said, "Never buy anything you do not want because it is cheap."
                                Well that is straight up bull because at a car booty last year I saw an original Xbox controller that was in good nick for only £2. I didn't want it at the time but I wish I picked it up now because I started playing on my Xbox again but all my controllers are knackered thanks to my bro spilling vodka and Dr Pepper all over them a few years back. At least at that same boot sale I got a factory sealed copy of Smash TV on the NES for £1.10 and a copy of Super Smash TV on the SNES in very good condition for £1 that I sold on ebay for £15.

Comment

Working...
                                X