Advice on buying a decent Webcam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on buying a decent Webcam.

Hey guy's I just bought this crappy webcam from Woolworths and the picture quality is so bad cant even make out what your taking a picture or recording. I really do have no idea about webcams and if anyone could give me some advice on which one is best for value. It doesnt have to be HD quality but it has to be good quality.

I usually buy on Play.com and I got £20 spending money from stuff I sold. Can anyone have a scan through the following page and recommened a good cam. Again I have £20 but if it has to be more than that then tell me because I dont wanna spend another £20 for a bad camera.

Again I'm willing to spend more but if there's one there with good quality for cheap then I'd rather take that one. Thanks for your time and hope I can get some advice.

Woolworths are still ALIVE?! 0.o
    Also, go for Logitech cams.

Comment

Lol nah this was before they shut and I bought an mp3 player that never once worked!! Bastards. Can you look in that list for me and pick out which is the best cam? Would be much appriciated I really have no idea, I was tempted to get the darlic one lol. If there's one for £10 which is ok and one for £20 which is better Id rather get the latter see.

Im thinking either this one.

But the Mr Burns one is soooo tempting.
      Last edited by P Anderson DIE; 02-24-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

logitech stuff aint that bad. but i think my friend has a sony cam he bout for $35 and it takes decent pics. next time i go over there ill take a look at it and get the name of it just 4 u dude

Comment

Dunno if you're a console player, but I can imagine you should be able to get PC drivers for both the Xbox LIVE cam and the latest incarnation of the Eye Toy.

They might be a tiny bit pricy, but they're probably some of the best "cheap" webcams you can get.

Either way, a Logitech is certainly your best bet. Personally, whenever I've needed a webcam, I've done the ghetto thing of hooking up an old Hi8 camcorder to my old USB TV Tuner. Nothing can beat that.

Comment

Woolworths are still alive and kickin' in Australia.

Comment

Cheers Nem and Carnivol, let me know please Nem. Thanks for the update also Helegad. I was checking out people using the cam's on youtube they all seem quite crappy except for this one.

But this one guy was using it and it was really crap, but he had a mac so wonder if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
                Cheers Nem and Carnivol, let me know please Nem. Thanks for the update also Helegad. I was checking out people using the cam's on youtube they all seem quite crappy except for this one.

But this one guy was using it and it was really crap, but he had a mac so wonder if that makes a difference.
                np dude, but yha macs blow so that might be why the quality is shit that or there might have some damage on the camera?
                but im going 2 my friends 4 band practice and he usually likes 2 take pics and ill steal it from him 4 a sec and jot down the name

Comment

I think I've found the right product, i only really wanted the webcam to record cutscenes and games. So after searching the net I found this cool product.

Its this kick ass recording device you can hook up to your gaming console and record whatever your playing. Apparetnely it doesnt down the quality and it's alot cheaper than the webcam I was looking at buying. If anyone was interested check out this video which is a tutorial of how to install it.

THIS IS AN EXTREMELY OLD VIDEO**This is mostly for people who play with their T.V.'s right next to their computers**Cheap and Simple way to record from ANY v...

If anyone already has this product please let me know. Im definatley gonna buy this soon as my pay goes in.

Comment

damn, that things pretty sick dude, but in the video he mad it seem like u need to buy alot of stuff

Comment

You have to buy 3 splitters which are no more than £8 and a double ended av wire which is £3 so thats £11 plus £30 for the Dazzle so it's £41 all in. Buying mine today.

Comment

Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
                        You have to buy 3 splitters which are no more than £8 and a double ended av wire which is £3 so thats £11 plus £30 for the Dazzle so it's £41 all in. Buying mine today.
                        awesome man,

Comment

Why not buy an actual capture card that plugs in USB or into a PCI/PCI-e slot?

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
                            Why not buy an actual capture card that plugs in USB or into a PCI/PCI-e slot?
                            Because I have no idea what you just said.

Comment

Working...
                            X