Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Galactica

Im curious if we have any folks here who have watched the new series. I've been wanting to get into it myself, and now that its just finished up I was wondering if its worth my time.

well i watched it and i liked it
    i only started watching it after SG-1 ended though.
    honestly though(Comparrison inside)Spoiler:

Comment

Like most running series, it's had its ups and downs (think parts of Season 3 was the main down period in Galactica, if I remember correctly.)

Anyway, I think it's been pretty good. Had some pretty awesome episodes and scenes here and there and in general a pretty nice feel to it.
      Could be a bit hard at times to keep track of a few things at times, as they like to time skip every now and then.

I think the ending was absolutely fantastic. I'm actually almost amazed by the fact that they even did the ending as a 3 part and not just a double. They really went all the way at the end (Though, I hope that a home release of Season 4 will contain some extended/new scenes. As there's a lot of things that happens rather quickly, but gotta love how some of it was done. Almost done so well that I don't think they could've pulled it off in any different ways... so maybe it's just my hunger for more that makes me... want more.)

I started watching after a friend of mine recommended it in early 2008. I bought the mini-series + Season 1 HD DVD set for pretty much nothing... and well... got hooked

There's supposedly some extra 2 hour prequel/sidequel movie called The Plan coming at the end of this year (not to be confused with the movie Razor or the upcoming Caprica prequel series thingy).

Comment

i only own Razor on DVD,i love it ^^
        worth the buy if you ask me

Comment

I grabbed seasons 1-3 plus the introductory mini series a little bit ago, and have been slowly watching my way through the box. It's a good series, and has a lot of cool scenes and impressive bits of story. It's brutal though...sometimes unnescerily so. There are moments where they do things and while they have a reason, while there is a point to it in the story, it's enough to make you a little uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            it's enough to make you a little uncomfortable.
            funny,i never felt uncomfortable

Comment

I got a kid on the way, so maybe it was just me but there three kid related scenes I was fond of.

Spoiler:

However, those are things that I have trouble with in real life as well, so...
              Last edited by Darkmoon; 03-23-2009, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

I've watched the show from when it started with the mini-series to the end on Friday night and it's got to be one of my favourite series, in fact I'm quite saddened that next Friday there will be no new BSG or any ever.

Like Carnivol said, the show does have it's ups and downs though more on the side of "ups" than anything and there's several memorable moments and set pieces throughout the series. More than anything though the acting by just about all involved is terrific and if you're after a good drama series or like Sci Fi then give BSG a try, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Simo View Post
                    I've watched the show from when it started with the mini-series to the end on Friday night and it's got to be one of my favourite series, in fact I'm quite saddened that next Friday there will be no new BSG or any ever.
                    i felt the same way when SG-1 and BSG ended.
                    i was watching the stargate movie the day i got my first Resident Evil game

Comment

Ive been wanting to get into it as well, been waiting to pick up all the seasons in HD to be honest.

Comment

I've just started watching Battlestar, and I'm about halfway through Season 1, so I'll make some quick notes on the series so far.

-Commander Adama is a complete bad ass. It's fantastic when he gets pissed off, for example, when he shuts down the Cylon investigation in the Series 1 episode "Litmus".

-Gaius Baltar is awesome. His story arc has been the most interesting so far, if only 'cause he has some version of 6 close to him at all times, and because it's pretty fantastic to watch when he's basically talking to himself infront of a lot of people.

-The Viper is awesome in that 70's Sci-Fi, 80's Anime style.

-The guy left on Caprica, Helo or whatever his name is. His story better be leading somewhere 'cause right now, it feels like filler in the episodes.

Comment

Yes, Helo's story is leading somewhere. Mwuhahahahahahaaaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Yes, Helo's story is leading somewhere. Mwuhahahahahahaaaa.
                            Oh man, he's sure going to "be dissapoint" when it comes to the end, muhahahahaha.

Comment

Now that the series is over, anyone have any additional thoughts?

On a side note, Michael Hogan (Col. Saul Tigh) is going to be the special guest at DragonCon this year for the other site I hang out at, www.scifihero.net

Comment

Working...
                              X