X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrgLr1Mivgo

If this video is taken off YouTube, THEN I'll be upset.

your video has been taken off, are you upset?

Comment

hahaha yup it was taken off DUE TO COPYRIGHTS

Comment

ROFL what was it again?

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
          I legally own Chinatown Wars now, so it's my liberty to put up videos of it wherever I want (I think that's what the EULA states anyway).
          You're a dumbass. You don't own either of these things. You own a license to play Chinatown Wars, not the content of the game itself. As for Spiderpig, that isn't yours either.

BUT I GUESS YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT.

Comment

Well, he does now. We told his a few pages back.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
              You're a dumbass.
              Uncalled for? I might agree, but it's the sort of thing that doesn't fly when others do it around here.

In most cases of bands and their music being on sites like YouTube the circumstances. A lot of labels are ok with their music being available in such a way, it's free promotion at the end of the day. But even if the labels are, the artists will sometimes have a problem with it. And obviously, vice versa.

When band's music is played on TV and radio they're paid royalties. This doesn't happen when it's on youtube and a lot of artists (and likewise, the label) don't think it's fair. It's just a very out of date point of view unfortunately. One that will change, and eventually cease to exist as the years go by and the record industry finally get their heads around using the internet to their advantage.

Regardless, just because it's youtube, doesn't make them exempt from the law If copyrighted material is hosted on their website then they're obliged to remove it and take these sort of actions. If they didn't, then they're liable for prosecution on the grounds that they'd be an accessory to either theft, or copyright infringement. Might sound melodramatic but that's what it'll be in the eyes of the law.

When you upload a video, you're asked to tick a box or something saying you have express permission to upload it, or that you're the copyright owner etc etc. You would've clicked the box when either way you didn't, so obviously YouTube are going to take action.

Also, "you think" wouldn't get you very far in your defence.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                You're a dumbass. You don't own either of these things. You own a license to play Chinatown Wars, not the content of the game itself. As for Spiderpig, that isn't yours either.

BUT I GUESS YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT.
                Uh, yeah, whatever. I feel inclined to retaliate, but that might be too much for you to handle

Comment

That and if it turns into a flame war I'll be dressing you up and riding you around the room with spurs on.

Comment

want a ten gallon hat darkmoon? Helegad just give up lol

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                      your video has been taken off, are you upset?
                      Yes. I'm officially upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        That and if it turns into a flame war I'll be dressing you up and riding you around the room with spurs on.
                        Post of the year. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post

Comment

Another pointless and stupid topic. Closing this before we have any more stupid one liners or crappy one emoticon posts.

Comment

Working...
                            X