This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat Happening - Indian Summer

This is easily the most primitive indie band I've heard. No skill involved, but the songs nonetheless achieve melody in a great way. Apparently, the album this tune's on, "Jamboree" was one of Kurt Cobain's favorites. As distinct the tone of Nirvana's songs, you can definitely see a Beat Happening influence. "Son of a Gun" is a good example of this.
    Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 04-27-2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Room to Rock - Matthew Sweet

This is a really Tom Pettyesque track from a guy who has always reminded me of Tom Petty anyway. It's a shame it isn't all over the radio!

Comment

• Beautiful Ride from Dewey Cox. its a really good song with a really true meaning behind it.

Comment

• Listening to some oldies tonight. Right now its Alice Cooper with Poison

Comment

• Alice Cooper is amazing. I love his talking voice.

Comment

• Alice Cooper one of the founding fathers of 'Shock Rock'

gotta love Alice Cooper

well atm im currently listening to Closer To God-NIN - Closer To God single from 1995

Comment

• Cornershop - When I was Born for the 7th time

A band that switches between 60s pop, trip-hop, and Indian influences, and sometimes blends them. This is a great introductory album for their sound and it's been a while since I've heard it. Here's a video:

Brimful of Asha

Comment

• Alice Cooper - Eighteen
                  sigpic

Comment

• ^ another good song from Alice Cooper.

Comment

• I'm listening to "Alright" by Pilot Speed.
                      It's one of the main songs in the movie Death Sentence, which kicks ass.
                      Here's a link to the song, but it's also the end of the movie, so if you don't want to be spoiled just youtube it real quick. I decided to include the movie clip since it's just too awesome of a scene to pass up lol.
                      Spoiler:
                      Last edited by REmaster; 04-28-2009, 05:19 PM.
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Now playing: The Hush Sound - You Are the Moon
                        via FoxyTunes

Comment

• Another good song by Alice Cooper that I'm listening to is
                          Teenage Frankenstein.

Comment

• Not Alone from All That Remains.

such a good song, i like how the singers voice goes from metal to soft its awesome.
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin

Comment

• Bullet For My Valentine - Hand of Blood.

I have my last final in an hour and a half...and this song pumps me the FUCK up.

Comment

Working...
                                X