making my own RE soundtrack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making my own RE soundtrack.

im making my own soundtrack for the old RE games (creating my own music, IM NOT taking songs from the OST and making into my own soundtrack)
    what do you guys think of this idea? im just wondering.

there will be 30 tracks and im only on track 7, i will be working my ass off to get this done.

Sounds cool, be sure to share it with us. What are you using to make it? will it have the same RE atmosphere we are all used to? I look forward to hearing it

Comment

Originally posted by LeechCharmer View Post
      Sounds cool, be sure to share it with us. What are you using to make it? will it have the same RE atmosphere we are all used to? I look forward to hearing it

i want to but idk if dot will let me since its not capcom offical music. as for the atmosphear. yha and no i have alot of creppy riffs for my synth and midi board that my band decided to scrap so i decided to
      use on here. as for my recording system. its called fruity loops its a $300 system ive had for quite some time now. i used it for concerts and everything.

but again for the atmosphear question again. i think it mostly will. though i can honestly say that the Quake1 soundtrack has a influence on me since that soundtrack is fucking amazing lol.
      Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 04-19-2009, 05:29 AM.

Comment

I haven't heard any music from Quake, but hey whatever inspires you man, I think it's cool that you are making your own music. I know there won't be much more old classic music that we are used to from the old RE games. It's cool though that fans are inspired by the games and interpret things in their own way, it makes things a lot more interesting.

Making it your own is what it's all about anyway. Everyone on this board interprets RE differently, we take and learn many different things from the series in our own way.

Comment

Sounds cool man, let me know when you finish it!
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Cool!! hey can you send me one when you are done? = )

Comment

Ahh, fan tributes. An area i know well.
              Good luck with it, and be sure to post some music online for us to hear when you've finished it.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but since it seems relevant i thought i would mention that i have also written some music that was heavily inspired by Resident Evil soundtracks past and present. You can check it out here... http://www.myspace.com/theyhavegonemissing

Also, does anyone remember the Silent Hill influenced Broken Notes musical project?

Comment

Sounds great to me, I can't wait until you finish it - as I love hearing Resident Evil (or just video game-inspired music in general).
                sigpic
                Non-blurry Signature Version
                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

How far are you along on this? Can you send me some tracks?
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

track 12 out of 30, i havnt been spending some time with it cause ive been working on my band recordings aswell.

Comment

You have a band? this, aware I was not lol

Comment

yup in the past 3 years we've played 18 shows which one was battle of the bands (we came in second )
                        we played in front of 200something people.

Comment

Working...
                        X