Event Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Horizon

I made this it's own topic (as opposed to putting it in Recently See Films) for two reasons.

1. Any movie involving Mr. Anderson will get much attention from an RE-based community.
    2. I heard there's a book version so it's not just bout a movie.

So yeah I just recently saw this film on TV the other night. It was pure awesome in my book. Sam Neil was the best in this. When he's going around killing people with his eyes gone...sweet.
    Though I wonder how exactly he lost them? Did he do it himself?

Who knows, but this movie was AWESOME... That's why I'm really dissapointed with the RE movies. For me, Event Horizon is more close to Doom than the movie with The Rock (BFG was cool though)...

But yeah, and Laurence Fishburne was really amazing in this movie, Sam Neil is the perfect villian; he really delivers to the experience.

Off topic: So you finally changed your name huh? I like it (your name and what inspired it! ).

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Good flick. The initial build-up was better than the finale, however. I loved how the fate of the Event Horizon's original crew was revealed.

"Liberate tutame ex inferis..."

Comment

Thanks for the compliment. ^^ Everyone loves Becky's ghetto booty.

And I wouldn't say Weir was the villain. The villain is the ship and the chaos dimension it went to. Neil's character is just a poor victim of it.

Comment

While I am playing Dead Space, I want to revisit this movie
          Sevket's Game Collection
          PSN Gamercards

Comment

the only half decent thing with paul anderson's name attached to it, it's still one of my favorite scary movies.

Comment

I remember not being able to sleep the night I have watched the movie at the cinema
              Sevket's Game Collection
              PSN Gamercards

Comment

Jason Isaacs for the win!
                See you in hell.

Comment

Weird, I just watched this film for the first time earlier today (on Carnivol's recommendation) and it was pretty fantastic.

It's clear that the movie has had a huge influence on the Survival Horror within video games, pretty ironic considering that Anderson is one of the most active people to destroy movies based on video games.

Comment

wow i have this on video but i never knew it was made by paul anderson. its weirs how he fals epicly on the re films but blows me away with this awsome film. man i have to re watch this tomorrow

Comment

Event Horizon Was a pretty good movie. I may be mistaken, but I belive it was based off a book by the late Michael Chritchen. (I think. It may be Sphere I am thinking of) Paul Anderson has made some good movies. I mean he did the first Mortal Kombat movie.
                      Last edited by The John Doe; 05-03-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Event Horizon is a pretty badass movie - it's been one of my favorites for a long while. Too bad Anderson's resi-films weren't as 'scary' or horrorfying.
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I still remember seeing this in theaters lol. Everytime I play dead space I just picture Event Horizon...they really did a good job incorporating many aspects from that movie into the game.
                          Last edited by REmaster; 05-03-2009, 08:06 PM.
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

i have yet to see this movie or even heard of it.

Comment

^It's a pretty good flick. It was overlooked a bit because a lot of sc-fi type movies came out around the same time, but it's pretty awesome. Like many people have said, it's pretty much the best thing Paul Anderson's ever done lol.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                              X