Funny thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    What didn't you like about RE4 Spencer? Just curious.
    Leon. Fucker ruined everything. And the lack of story.

Comment

I felt that it was too action-centric. The series at its heart has always been survival horror, about having a limited amount of ammunition and exercising some planning and intelligence to maximise the efficiency of your ammunition. But at some point I guess IQs dropped sharply while I was away and people didn't want to think in games anymore, so instead it's all about running from point A to point B, picking up the things with huge arcs of light shining from them and gunning down hordes of enemies.

Sure, RE4 has its fans but I find it amusing how all the people who bitched about RE5, actually thought RE4 was amazing. They're practically the same game, the only difference was the inclusion of co-op and a new character. Gameplay-wise, they're almost exactly the same. I disliked both RE4 and RE5, but I think that RE5 at least made some effort to fix the shit that RE4 did. It was still a god damn mess that ended the Umbrella/Wesker arc very poorly, but Takeuchi was pretty much told to do the impossible - make a good story from what RE4 gave us.

Then you have people saying "Oh, I wish Shinji did RE5!". Don't forget, he was the one who caused all this mess in the first place. Takeuchi just became the fall guy for all these Mikami fanboys who simply refused to believed that he fucked up with RE4, it's a game that appeals to the lowest common denominator. In its defence however, it's a good way to bring new fans into the series but it's not really a series they're getting into, is it? For example, one thing that raised my ire was when I was reading Gamesmaster magazine (a gaming publication over here) and perusing their review of Resident Evil 5. The reviewer stated, and I quote, "...includes classic Resi 4 elements".

CLASSIC?

Sorry, that had to be in caps simply to state via the medium of text just how shocked I was at reading that. Classic? How is RE4 considered "classic"? It wasn't even five years old at the time that RE5 review was out. Anyway, there's my response, apologies for derailing the topic, I'm just going to sit here now and calmly await the pages and pages of hate-filled rants that are about to populate this thread. How dare I challenge the authority of RE4.
      Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-22-2011, 03:11 AM.
      See you in hell.

Comment

• Well, nif we can have the hate filled replies in the umbrella labs I would be greatful...

Comment

nemesiswontdie and Spencer pretty much summed it up.
          Freedom of Information.

Comment

• This made me piss myself laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcu55b01N00

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Well, nif we can have the hate filled replies in the umbrella labs I would be greatful...
              I'll have my secretary redirect calls from my office.
              See you in hell.

Comment

• Dear lord, remind me to not try typing when off my face on pain killers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow Stalker View Post
                  This made me piss myself laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcu55b01N00
                  That was funny.

Like the part where 'Santa' can't figure out a fucking cereal that has been on the market for like 50 years.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                    That was funny.

Like the part where 'Santa' can't figure out a fucking cereal that has been on the market for like 50 years.
                    I'm glad you also find this video to be funny as hell. (Even though I am aware of the fact that "Tourette's Syndrome" doesn't work that way in real life.)

My favourite part of the video is the Tourette Guy's father (or "Santa" as you called him) chases the cameraman around the house as a result of the cameraman accidently dropped him, due to the cameraman laughing so hard, while trying to pick him up.

As for the cereal part. I'm not familar with the brand myself (I am from Australia, so that can be justified) but going by what he's wearing, he could've came from an Amish community.
                    Last edited by Shadow Stalker; 01-23-2011, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow Stalker View Post
                      I'm glad you also find this video to be funny as hell. (Even though I am aware of the fact that "Tourette's Syndrome" doesn't work that way in real life.)

My favourite part of the video is the Tourette Guy's father (or "Santa" as you called him) chases the cameraman around the house as a result of the cameraman accidently dropped him, due to the cameraman laughing so hard, while trying to pick him up.

As for the cereal part. I'm not familar with the brand myself (I am from Australia, so that can be justified) but going by what he's wearing, he could've came from an Amish community.
                      No that cereal (Count Chocula) is actually not as popular today as it was like 2 or 3 decades ago. That's why I thought it was funny that an old guy like Tourette Guy's father didn't know what it was.

Presently, the cereal brand is popular with Generation X-ers that are quite familiar with it. And that's why TV shows and movies that target them (in part) make so much references to it on shows like The Sopranos, The Simpsons, Futurama, The Office and many others.
                      Last edited by Pikminister; 01-23-2011, 11:38 AM.
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

more wow than funny

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• It's Fox News, so quite possibly bull, but this made me laugh - http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...y-court-rules/

Comment

• Ah I see now.

Well the reason I hated RE5 was...

A: It was a remake of RE4 in game design. There was nothing new really added here except co-op, and most of the time Sheva is leading the retard parade in the Darwin even in the Olympics.

B: They got rid of the horror completely and it was 100% action now. Yeah RE4 did this as well, but they did keep the some of the classic horror elements and the game itself had a pretty grim atmosphere. RE5 starts in the middle of a sunny day for gods sakes. A BRIGHT FUCKING SUNNY DAY! Unless yer an albino without suntan lotion or shade that's not scary.

C: The characters in the game. New characters can be forgiven, but Wesker, Chris, and Jill all feel like completely different characters in this game.What is their relationship with each other after a decade anyways? Are they just poker buddies or what?

Yeah they didn't have too much personality to begin with, but what they are in this game doesn't match the previous bits of character we all knew. Wesker is the one whose changed the most. Going from Machiavellian schemer to Bond villain is just strange.

We all knew sooner or later he was gonna take center stage but this isn't even close to the same character we've all enjoyed for a decade.

And what the fuck is the deal with him getting his powers from vitamin B shots now? Didn't he originally use the T-virus on himself? I mean yeah, they never explained what he used to get his powers but I'd assume whatever he;d use would be permanent.

D: Control scheme. played it on the 360, fucking hated it.Nuff said.

E: The inventory system. It sucks balls, it makes no sense and the Kevlar vest breaks the laws of physics. How can you wear it but still have it take up a slot in your inventory? HOW!?

I know why they chose this inventory system and all, but it just sucks.

F: The flashing screen upon your health being in 'Danger'. Why did they have to do this? Do they have to make everyone an epileptic or something?

G: The rushed story. Its the whole 'end of the world' concept, yeah that could be cool but here...it doesn't build up to this really. It doesn't feel like a threat(least to me). I mean yeah in RE4 the cult was kind of doing the same thing, but they were on a smaller scale.

In this game it changes from 'Stop Wesker from being bad' to 'OK, now you have to save the world'. Once you enter the 'Save the world' part of a story everything changes.

This is where logic kicks in and you realize that realistically the US, or China, or Russia, or UN would just nuke the fuck out of Kijuju or have all kinds of aircraft in the skies bombing the fuck out of the place.

Maybe I'm over analyzing this some(comes with being a screenwriter) but this isn't like in RE4 where you have to save the Presidents daughter and are protecting her.

This would realistically be send the whole mother fucking army in and use the nuke as plan B if the problem cant be contained(in which case it wouldn't).

Yeah the stories in the last 2 games have been different and logic and reality have and haven't been kicking in on them. I guess we as the player/audience end up suffering more trying to figure it out.

*Takes a breath*
                              Last edited by Wrathborne; 01-28-2011, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• RE5 would not exist in the form it is today without RE4.

That's my reply.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X