This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are your idols?

Who are the people you look up to and have a impact on your life? mine would have to be

1.Trent Reznor (composer and singer,guitarest,bassist and keyboardist for NIN)

2. Charlie Clouser (composer)

3.phil labonte (lead singer for All That Remains, he can do the sickest fucking scream EVER!)

4.jeanne sagan (bassist for All That Remains, yes shes a fucking METAL GIRL! WHOOO!)

5.Jeordie White (bassist and backup singer for Marilyn Manson and NIN)

who are some of your idols?

Bruce Dickinson: A highly talented man. He's an Olympic-class fencer, writer, commercial airline pilot...and the lead singer of Iron Maiden.

David Lynch: A visionary and incredible director.

Phil Hendrie: A complete comedic genius! He did a radio show for 16 years that was highly stylized and based around duping idiotic callers.

Yoshiyuki Tomino: Creator of Mobile Suit Gundam. The best director/writer the series ever had.

Comment

Are we allowed fictional characters?

1. George Lucas. This man is a brilliant and visionary writer and director, he invented Star Wars, he is probably one of my biggest fans and also i wanna be a director and writer just like him.

Spoiler:

2. Hideo Kojima. The creator of the Metal Gear series, he's a storywriter and a games designer, another profesion i am deeply interested in.

Spoiler:
      Last edited by missvalentine; 05-20-2009, 01:56 AM.

Comment

George Carlin. The man was a comedic genius, not to mention he was never afraid to speak his mind. RIP.

Comment

Kobe Bryant

Earvin "Magic" Johnson

Michael Jordan

Comment

And no, this has nothing to do with anti-semetism. He was a brilliant man, even if most don't agree with what he did. If he had put his intelligence to what most people would call "good", he could have made the world one hell of a better place.

Comment

You've been brainwashed like Ed Norton in American History X.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Weskers Flag View Post
                And no, this has nothing to do with anti-semetism. He was a brilliant man, even if most don't agree with what he did. If he had put his intelligence to what most people would call "good", he could have made the world one hell of a better place.
                While I agree with what you say about his leadership abilities, that doesn't change the fact that he was a fucking genocidal psycho. To call someone like that an 'idol' of yours...wow. Just wow...I don't know what else to say. Prepare to be flamed.

Comment

Well, I guess in a way he could be an idol for someone who was devoted to public speaking? I will give him props for that, if nothing else.

Comment

Matthew Sweet:

Tom Petty:

Neil Young:

Queen:

There are others, but these are the big ones.

Comment

I would only consider the first one an idol, the rest I'd say are my biggest inspirations.

Anton Newcombe of The Brian Jonestown Massacre:
                      Spoiler:

Stanley Kubrick (directed The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, 2001: A Space Odyssey):Spoiler:

David Lynch (directed Eraserhead, The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, a few more films, and he co-created what I feel is the crowning achievement in television drama, Twin Peaks): Spoiler:

John Swartzwelder (wrote 59 episodes of the Simpsons; considering the staff on that show, that's impressive as fuck. It also helps that his shows were generally the most hilarious, and in a variety of ways):Spoiler:

Fyodor Dostoevsky (so far my favorite author. He's written Crime and Punishment, The Brothers Karamazov, The Idiot, The Possessed, and others): Spoiler:

George Carlin and Bill Hicks (in the same category because they were both hilarious, dark, and iconoclastic. Plus I never see any connection between the two even though their perspectives are pretty close. It sucks they're dead, I haven't seen a comedian of their caliber yet): Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Plus, there are people who are in bands or make films or other such things that I like listening to/watching in the capacity of quotations or interviews. John "Rotten" Lydon of the Sex Pistols/Public Image Ltd. is the perfect example. Completely honest, sharp, witty, it's great to listen to what he has to say.

Comment

1. of coarse it has to be jimmy page of the supergroup, led zeppelin

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

2.stevie ray vaughn of double trouble; best bluseist ever

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

3.and last but not least....billy gibbons of ZZtop!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

Well, i guess IF he was good and not evil he could have made the world a better place, but the fact is he was evil, and therfore did not make the world a better place, unless you were a white, blond, german who agreed with him that is.

Anyways, continuing on from before.

3. Steven Spielberg. The man is probably the most famous movie director in history, and has made some of my favorite films including Jurrassic Park, he is such a brilliant director and i aspire to be like him.

Spoiler:

4. John Williams. he is in my opinion the greatest composer who ever lived. he composed the scores for all six of the Star Wars films, all the Indianna Jones films and Jurassic park, E.T and so many other films as well, i love his music so much.

Spoiler:

Comment

There are so many idols i like so i'm gonna only do a few:

Shinji Mikami i'm suprised no one added this guy earlier, he created the one game we all love and care alot about and without this guy thia or the whole resident evil community wouldn't exist xD

Spoiler:

Hideo Kojima i am a massive fan of his work from the days of snatcher and the orginal metal gear, upto Z.O.E and Metal Gear Solid in general can't wait for the policenauts translation patch!

Spoiler:

Snake Plissken this guy is a total badass and one of my fave anti-hero characters we need more plissken

Spoiler:
                            Last edited by DXP; 05-21-2009, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Yeah...gonna have to call bullshit here. I'm sorry, but there are a lot of brilliant men and women who did great things for the world. Sure, if they'd put there mind to it they could have been evil as anything...and yet they weren't.

So, Hitler was brilliant in certain ways. So were plenty of others. H wasn't the only person to get a country devestated by war back on it's feet and into a super power...and most of them didn't need to place all the blame of the Jews, the blacks, the gypsies and anyone else he figured he could get away with.

He wasn't the best millitary mind ever. His generals were good but his own decisions, such as using terror tactics against England rather than hitting military targets, and opening a second front against Russia, cost him the war.

He was a good public speaker but there are plenty of those.

In essence...there is not one thing Hitler did that someone who wasn't a genocidal fuck up didn't do as well, and often better. The only reason people still look up to Hitler is his views on the Jews and Gays, Gypsies, diabled folk, black folk...anyone not a straight white person.

And you've already told us that Nazism is something you support, so I call bullshit. You wanna call that sack of crap your idol? As far as I know you're allowed, so long as you don't exress racist sentiments directly. This but don't try and hide this behind 'he was a brilliant man'. As I said, there were a lot of better people than him, at everything but his lovely views that would see me, my wife and my children gassed to death.

Nice to know exactly what it is you support, ain't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X