X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your idols? 2.0

my first idol as a kid was:

The Mighty Morphin Green Power Ranger

I typed this out before the other thread was closed, so I’m grateful I kept it. :3 Thanks for making another topic.

Spoiler:

Gia Carangi: The first “supermodel” in America. (Srsly, kids! Despite what Janice Dickinson CLAIMS, she is NOT the first supermodel. Gia was! LEARN NAO.) Gia’s life story is absolutely heartbreaking to me, but her willpower and personality inspire me and always have ever since I was a teenager. She was beautiful—inside and out—and it’s terribly unfortunate that she passed away many years ago. I seriously love everything about this woman, and I would be lucky to be half as amazing as she was during her life.

Veronica Taylor: The ORIGINAL voice actress of Ash and May from Pokémon. I’ve met this brilliant woman several times, and she is by far one of the most gracious individuals I’ve ever encountered. I love everything about: her acting, her personality, her generosity, her overall talent. The life she breathes into her characters astounds me. She’ll always be the real Ash and May to me! Bawwwww!

Trey Parker and Matt Stone: There is so much I love about these two. I don’t even know where to begin. I find their humor to be directly on-spot with my own, and they’ve never failed to make me laugh throughout the years of watching South Park and all their other projects. They’re also one of the strongest definitions of a team that I can think of; every aspect of their separate personalities adds to the remarkable achievements they’ve had. I admire their humor, their success and their wit, and although I have no aspiration to be in the same career field as them, I certainly strive to be like them in many other ways.

John Lennon: I’ve idolized everything about him ever since I discovered The Beatles in 6th grade. Virtually all my school projects were about him for many, many years, and to this day, I remain fascinated by him. His songwriting (as well as Paul’s) is still incomparable to any other artist, both past and present. John Lennon was seriously one of the most talented people the world ever knew, and it never stops breaking my heart that he is no longer with us.

‘kay, I’m done. Thanks for letting me ramble.

Comment

i knew my thread would be remade.

Comment

'tis a good subject for a thread. You should be glad you thought it up. :3

Comment

dude, i got like a whole note book full of ideas for threads

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
            dude, i got like a whole note book full of ideas for threads

Yeah. Anyway.

I'm gonna take VKnight's idea and go forward a bit. My mom's my #1 idol, obviously, but after that is probably...

Raph was definitely my favorite, though.

Comment

I feel the need to add a bit further on my first 4 mentioned people since i was watching special features documentary's about a few of them last night.

Also, i don't idolize them, it's more like i aspire to be like them, and there my role models in life and i look up to them.

1. George Lucas. Well as i said before he invented Star Wars which are some of my favorite films ever, and he is probably one of the most creative visionary people in existence. Also i admire the fact that while making Star Wars a new Hope he also started a company called Industrial Light and Magic (ILM), which was the first big special effects company and if it weren't for Geoge Lucas and ILM and him making Star Wars we would have never have had special effects like we do now. also he is just a brilliant director.

Spoiler:

2. Steven Speilberg. I moved him up a spot after watching a Jurassic Park documentary last night. He pionerded the computer visual effects in films department with ILM's help and helped make anythign acheivable on film. Now a directors limits were only his imagination. Also he has made so many great films that i love and he is one of the greatest directos alive. And i wanna be just like him.

Spoiler:

3. Hideo Kojima. For making the brilliant MGS series and helping to make Video games more movie like than ever before and proving that a video game can have a plot ever more complex in narrative than a full sized feature film.

Spoiler:

4. John Williams. For composing some of my favorite musical peices and for composing classical music in films at a time it was unpopular and making it popular again.

Spoiler:

5. James Cameron. Because he was one of the first directors to use CGI in a movie (The Abyss, T2) and make it realistic, and inspired Steven Spielberg to use CGI in Jurrasic Park, plus he has made some of the most amazing films ever made adn is one of my favorite directors.

Spoiler:

Comment

My childhood idol:Spoiler:

Comment

I just like to say that someone who i look up to on here would be Alexia Ashford, because she's very mature, smart and seems responsible, and is a great moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                    I just like to say that someone who i look up to on here would be Alexia Ashford, because she's very mature, smart and seems responsible, and is a great moderator.
                    Thank you, I appreciate that. Well, I'm off now, see you guys in a week!

Comment

see ya Alexia

while your gone me and my snatchers are gonna TAKE OVER! everyone prepare yourself's as i Dr.Williams the new Dr.Madnar will take over this world and create snatchers who will kill you and take over your body and I.D. and make a new more powerful breed of humans

(only Alexia,Gradon,Mr.Spencer and The Medic will get that joke)

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                        Thank you, I appreciate that. Well, I'm off now, see you guys in a week!
                        Bye Alexia.

Now i feel left out.

Anyways, i realized that Shinji Mikami probably invented Jill Valentine so i should mention him too. He also made Resident Evil 4 which i don't like. But he made Resident Evil 1 which i love.

Spoiler:

Comment

see ya Alexia

while your gone me and my snatchers are gonna TAKE OVER! everyone prepare yourself's as i Dr.Williams the new Dr.Madnar will take over this world and create snatchers who will kill you and take over your body and I.D. and make a new more powerful breed of humans

I'm pretty sure there are more people than that who have heard of the game "Snatchers".

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
                            I'm pretty sure there are more people than that who have heard of the game "Snatchers".
                            no its a little fan fic me alexia,mr.spencer,gradon,badwolfx and the medic did on MSN
                            its not the full one thats why you wont understand the joke so yha.

Comment

Ridley Scott, Gene Roddenberry and Bill Hicks.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X