Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Alien' series to be revived?

Thoughts?

I mean, if it's true, I guess it's better than a reboot or remake. Not sure, if it's true I think I'll wait for more details.

I have faith in Ridley, even though quite a few of his recent films haven't been overly spectacular. He's still the best person for the job. Mind you, it'll take a lot of work to save the Alien franchise (and the Predator franchise for that matter, though I don't care too much about Predator), especially after the nonsense that Paul W.S. Anderson put it through.
    See you in hell.

Comment

Seemingly confirmed. And details.

The plan is to stick with the original concept of only one alien on the ship.
      HELL YEAH!

The will bring a new Ripley to the big screen and it most likely wont be played by Sigourney Weaver.
      Fail.

Comment

Does "reboot" mean "remake"? If so, then, no thanks. The original "Alien" is an amazing film. It doesn't need to be remade.

Comment

Personally, I hope it's a prequel. A reboot is just as bad as a remake in my opinion. Alien is a perfect film.

Comment

That pulpy sound you can hear is the sound of me applying a power drill to my left temple. There is no justice in Hollywood anymore, fuck anyone who feels Alien or Aliens need a reboot, let alone a remake.
            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
              Personally, I hope it's a prequel. A reboot is just as bad as a remake in my opinion. Alien is a perfect film.
              A prequel would be interesting, especially if the "Space Jockey" origins was explained and how they encountered the Xenomorphs.

Comment

I'd like to hear Bill Paxton's opinion on all this.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                  I'd like to hear Bill Paxton's opinion on all this.
                  "We´re screwed!"

I imagine Private Hudson being played by some B grade Hollywood "new talent". Oh my god...

This is really bad news. Theyve got a franchise, infinite ways to go about it, and they choose to remake it!

Carl Rinsch, a commercials and music video director who has worked for Scott Free Productions, will helm the movie.
                  "Game over man, game over!"
                  Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 05-28-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

hollywood can go to hell for remaking this...

Comment

Well, it could be worse. TV could give you herpes.

So long as this is a new story it might work. If they remake it I will find out where they are, and the hunt shall begin. And Ripley better be in the movie somehow, even as a cameo. Weaver, I mean, not some 12 year old pop tart with breast implants.

Comment

But I mean - jesus - I can't see where people come on dicking down on Aliens because I mean *argh* can't speak properly - it's just incredibly and has I think the best special effects I've still ever seen.

But remaking/rebooting Alien?!?!? Fucking hell, Ridley himself couldn't top perfection - only hamper it with his inferior and faster paced Directors Cut in 2003. Alien is a horror masterpiece - the fact that nothing *nothing* happens within the first real hour is a masterstroke - it's all tension building. Why can't film makers today realise that less really is more.
                        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Because too many people of our generation go, 'What, no violence and sex in the opening scenes? Pffft, screw this!'

Comment

As John said, I have faith in Ridley Scott. And a reboot isn't necessarily bad considering how far off the path the franchise has gone.

If it is a prequel, no Ripley, please. Her story began when the Nostromo was sent to LV-426. To inject her in there prior to that would be forced and out of context.

If it's a sequel, no Ripley, please. Her story ended when she sacrificed herself to keep Weyland-Yutani from getting it's hands on a queen. (Ressurection never happened. It was all a bad dream.)
                            Last edited by Kronk; 05-28-2009, 04:25 PM.

Comment

If Sigourney Weaver was to be in it then it would have to be a sequel to Alien: Resurrection, Spoiler:
                              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 05-28-2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X