No announcement yet.

The Last Airbender - Movie (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the trailer for this when I went to see Alice in Wonderland=] Looks pretty chill

Comment

The film will be converted to 3D like every other project these days, it seems.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        The film will be converted to 3D like every other project these days, it seems.
        Just read about it, I really don't care, but this means I'll have to go see it two times: first "normal" and then 3D with my little bro,
        But no, I don't like where Hollywood is taking the 3D thing, it's just for the sake of saying: "come see my movie çause it has 3D!!!"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rKWvLbHPj4

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x1Fi...yer_embedded#!

Comment

The film is getting torn apart by critics.

The four nations of Air, Water, Earth and Fire lived in harmony until the Fire Nation declared war. A century later, there is still no end in sight to the destruction, then, an Avatar named Aang (Noah Ringer) discovers that he has the power to control the four elements. He joins forces with Katara (Nicola Peltz), a Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka, to restore balance and harmony to their world.
              sigpic

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                  The film is getting torn apart by critics.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/last_airbender/
                  Yep. Even Ebert gave the film HALF A STAR. I think that's a first.

It's incredible how M. Night Shyamalan's career took a dive after he made The Village. It's like he wanted to become the next Uwe Boll or Paul W.S. Anderson.

Anywhoo... I hated the whitewashing present in Last Airbender. Its like fucking Pararamount can't find Asian Americans actors in LA (of all places!).
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

^Don't put Anderson with Boll. That's really pushing it. At least Anderson has made good movies like Event Horizon... and the RE movies.

Anyway, yeah, I never really had hope for this movie to begin with... but wow, to hear it's that bad... Wow. XD Now I almost wanna go see it just to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                      ^Don't put Anderson with Boll. That's really pushing it. At least Anderson has made ONE good movie: Event Horizon.
                      Fixed.

Anyway seen some of Avatar from time to time and my friends girlfriend got him well into it so we were confident but the reviews are far from positive but I have to vouch for the OST which is pretty damn good. Much the same can be said for Dragon Ball Evolution, crap film great music . . .
                      sigpic

Comment

Anderson made the Mortal Kombat movie which is fucking fantastic.

Comment

I have really mixed feling rght now, I´m f***ing angry because The Last Airbender doesn´t seem to be coming to cinemas any time soon in uruguay, but at the same time I´m happy since Uruguay passed to semifinals in the World cup. This hadn´t hapened since 1970!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                            ^Don't put Anderson with Boll. That's really pushing it. At least Anderson has made good movies like Event Horizon... and the RE movies.

Anyway, yeah, I never really had hope for this movie to begin with... but wow, to hear it's that bad... Wow. XD Now I almost wanna go see it just to laugh.
                            Event Horizon was not too bad. In RE talk, it's similar to Resident Evil Zero. Has some good elements here and there but has absolutely no scares at all. All the time I was watching said film, I kept getting reminded of other BETTER films that probably had inspired it.

Almost every review of The Last Airbender mentioned that the film is BORING. If you find that funny, then I hope you have a good laugh. Just make sure you don't pay for the 3D glasses, because then the laugh will be on you.

IMO just wait till it hits the bargain bin at your local DVD joint. Won't be too long.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd say Mortal Kombat was alright it's not one I ever went back to but it was certainly better than most of the other attempts to make a movie of a game that's came out . . .
                              sigpic

Comment

http://www.lastairbenderfans.com/ind..._from=&ucat=4&
                                The legend of korra!!! or something like that; a new avatar series!! I'm soooo fucking exited and happy!!! this is the best news ever!!
                                By the way: I woun't be seing the movie anytime soon, it woun't come out in Uruguay , so I'll have to go to argentina and see it

Comment

Working...
                                X