THIA meet up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIA meet up?

people were talking about a THIA meet up and i didnt want it to go off topic like i always make topics do

so what are your guy's opinions on a THIA meet up?

I reckon it would be amusing as hell. If only to intimidate you lot in real life as well. But it would more likely be a series of small, local meet ups (several across the States, one in England, others in other countries) rather than one giant one. Given the economy and the general age of people here a world wide meeting is likely impossible...although it would be awesome.

Comment

Well as you know I'm all for a meet up, but I'm still not too sure how it would be done considering how many members live out of the states...it wouldn't be the same without them However, I think Darkmoon had a good point about having small conventions, possbily in a location where it wouldn't be too much of a journey for a few members to meet up. Yea I forgot about how much the ages of members vary...I guess we could always have parent chauffeurs
      Last edited by REmaster; 07-06-2009, 02:40 AM.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I think a meet up would be pretty cool idea.

There are a few people here who i would love to meet up with, but unfortunately I live in Australia and most people here are from the USA or the UK.

I'm gonna be going to the USA to live there soon though.

Comment

This.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

^ LOL. That reminds me of when I was standing in line at the RE5 midnight launch, I had gotten there like an hour ahead of time. There were all these guys standing around, impersonating how the old school RE characters use to talk with their hands on their hips and such, slobbering about the storyline...it was kind of akward so I just stood there silent. Than some girl hugged me because I was wearing a dog tag that said "Joe Sandage - Resident Evil Master" lmao. I just stayed silent till I got the hell out of there. I figure it wouldn't be as akward with you guys since we all talk to eachother for the most part every other day, where as that was a abunch of strangers.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

i was second in line at the RE5 midnight launch im glad i showed up then cause if i didnt show up early i would have got home at 1am insted of 12:10 lol but it wasnt really awkward for me actually but it would have been fun if there was THIA members there since we all do talk.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                ^ LOL. That reminds me of when I was standing in line at the RE5 midnight launch, I had gotten there like an hour ahead of time. There were all these guys standing around, impersonating how the old school RE characters use to talk with their hands on their hips and such, slobbering about the storyline...it was kind of akward so I just stood there silent. Than some girl hugged me because I was wearing a dog tag that said "Joe Sandage - Resident Evil Master" lmao. I just stayed silent till I got the hell out of there. I figure it wouldn't be as akward with you guys since we all talk to eachother for the most part every other day, where as that was a abunch of strangers.
                Maybe she knew you from somewhere online and had a secret crush on you lol.

Comment

I think it would be cool too, oddly on this topic I met a few lurkers on THIA at my work today. Quite a strange coincidence. Anyway, it would be quite interesting to do.

Haha, poor REmaster (though I do have to jokingly agree with Missv).
                  sigpic
                  Non-blurry Signature Version
                  Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                    I think it would be cool too, oddly on this topic I met a few lurkers on THIA at my work today. Quite a strange coincidence. Anyway, it would be quite interesting to do.

Haha, poor REmaster (though I do have to jokingly agree with Missv).
                    That's awesome Enetirnel, how did you find out they come here?

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                      That's awesome Enetirnel, how did you find out they come here?
                      Because they came in (after calling, my boss handed me the phone and they decided to come by my work because they kept on dropping out) and were asking me questions about RE, and someone decided to ask me about the the "RE4 Classic Edition"... which I explained and they all went "GODDAMN THIA!!!".

It was quite funny (and somewhat awkward, one of the guys started crying after I revealed the truth of the matter and crushed his hopes), still I'd like to meet some active members on THIA in real-life (preferably when I'm NOT at work, of course).
                      sigpic
                      Non-blurry Signature Version
                      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I'm in favour of a series of small local meet-ups, those are much more feasible.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

I'd be up for this just for the fact i would be away from my mate who seems too think he knows more about me than resi...yeah apparently the tyrant in code veronica isn't a tyrant and i'm wrong ¬_¬ anyway would make a change and if i have a feeling it would just be like an ordinary day in my games design class so will be awesome

Comment

This thread reminds me of good times of a few of us from rehorror meeting up in the back of the day. A few of us went to video games live and had seats next to each other for the show, and what a spectacular one it is.

Comment

Going to Video Games Live with some THIA folk could be cool, it's in London so it's central to the English folk.

Comment

Working...
                              X