Alice in Wonderland Film in 2010.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice in Wonderland Film in 2010.

I was talking to my friend TheMedic on MSN before and she told me that there is an Alice in Wonderland film being made by director Tim Burton! Which is awesome because I was just thinking not a week beforehand that an Alice in Wonderland films needs to get made. And who better than Tim Burton?

Johnny Depp plays the mad hatter and Helena Bonham Carter the Red Queen and Anna Hathaway plays the White queen and a lady named Mia Wasikowska plays Alice.

What do you think of this? Personally I can't wait for it.

now even cartoons are getting remade into real people?

now i know Hollywood is really out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post

now i know Hollywood is really out of ideas.
      Well actually it's a sequel set 10 years later. Alice is 17 in it.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
        Cartoons? Alice in Wonderland is a story written by Lewis Carroll in the first place, not Disney's cartoon.

About the movie - Tim Burton's Alice... this could be very, very interesting.
        BTW. What happened to the American McGee's Alice movie adaptation? It was announced few years ago and then it dissapeared. McGee's vision of grim Wonderland was fantastic.
        Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 07-07-2009, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I think American Mcgee's Alice is in development hell, which is unfortunate because it ould've been amazing.

I'm very interested in what Tim Burton will do with the story though. I know it's a sequal somewhat and who is playing who in the cast and that's it. And it's out around my birthday as well

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
            Johnny Depp plays the mad hatter and Helena Bonham Carter the Red Queen and Anna Hathaway plays the White queen and a lady named Mia Wasikowska plays Alice.
            Also starring Michael Sheen and Alan Rickman.
            sigpic

Comment

I love anything Tim Burton, and I didn't even know this was going to be a sequel (Awesome!). I'm sure he's going to make this very dark like he usually does in his films... This will be very interesting and hopefully really good!

Comment

i just now realised its a great time not to work at HT right now.
                Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Tim Burton's "OMG I'M SO DARK AND DREARY" act is starting to wear thin on me. It was awesome in The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands and even the first Batman movie...but now, it's starting to run its course, in my opinion.

Comment

I still really want to know who's going to be playing The Queen of Hearts!!!

Comment

I don't think she's in it....

Edit: Silly me, I was thinking Helena Bonham Carter was the Red Queen and not the Queen Of Hearts.

No....wait....she is playing the Red Queen.
                      Last edited by BadWolfX; 07-07-2009, 12:40 PM.

Comment

The Red Queen and the Queen of Hearts are two different characters.

The Red Queen is the chess piece that comes to Alice in Through The Looking Glass and tells her the rules of chess, and that Alice shall become queen after being a pawn. The Red Queen also appears later in the story with The White Queen, as they are feuding over their kingdom.

The Queen of Hearts is the Queen from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, who is the main antagonist. She's the one that screams 'Off with her head!"
                        Last edited by Vogue_Dirge; 07-07-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          Cartoons? Alice in Wonderland is a story written by Lewis Carroll in the first place, not Disney's cartoon.

About the movie - Tim Burton's Alice... this could be very, very interesting.
                          BTW. What happened to the American McGee's Alice movie adaptation? It was announced few years ago and then it dissapeared. McGee's vision of grim Wonderland was fantastic.
                          I didn't know he was making a movie about that too. That would be really good. Ive been trying to find a copy of American McGee's Alice it looks great.

Comment

This looks pretty cool! I'm wondering if it will lean more toward lighter Burton like Big Fish (though not technically his), or darker Burton like Edward Scissorhands...

Comment

I love Alan Rickman, I think he'll do excellent as the caterpillar.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                              X