There Will Be Brawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Will Be Brawl

There Will Be Brawl is a miniseries hosted by The Escapist, the website also known for hosting Zero Punctuation and Unskippable. Featuring live actors, it takes the most famous characters from Nintendo's library and puts them in a situation far removed from the bright and cheery childhood games we remember. The plot follows Luigi, who is now a jaded drug dealer trying to make ends meet in the seedy underworld of the Mushroom Kingdom for both himself and his brother. As the plot thickens and new dangers arise, Luigi searches for a reason to keep fighting for a city that seems beyond salvation.

In short: Super Smash Bros meets Sin City.

It's better than it sounds. It's currently up to Episode 6 out of 9 and I've enjoyed every episode. The acting is a lot better than I expected and overall I've been pleasantly surprised. If anything, it's worth watching up to Episode 3, if only for Samus.

You can watch it here on The Escapist or here, on the shows main site.

*right click,saves image*

Comment

She is pretty much the reason why the third episode is my favourite.

Oh, and the Gay Bar scene.

Comment

The fourth is my favourite, simply because it's got Snake as a bum living in a box on the streets. He's portrayed as a former Vietnam veteran, completely insane.

"FUCKIN' HIPPY! I FOUGHT FOR YOUR FUCKIN' COUNTRY YOU FUCKIN' PIECE OF SHIT!"
        See you in hell.

Comment

Dedede is just fantastic as well. Him and his Hoes.

Comment

This sounds tasty. I'll be sure to give it a view.

Comment

Fox was my favorite, he was so creepy!

This series is amazingly awesome, such a great concept pulled off so well.

Comment

The Ganondorf actor does well. I like the series after 4 episodes; it's surprisingly gritty, almost teeters between a farce and a serious crime drama. Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post

Dedede is just fantastic as well. Him and his Hoes.
                  Hahaha that guy is the spitting image of King Dedede in fact it's his lost twin.

Comment

I like episode 4 it's the only episode with a insane Snake and hobo Sonic aswell

Comment

Just watched all episodes... freaking genius I must say. Like Street Fighter: The Later Years from CollegeHumor, gotta love videogame spinoffs.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

This is pretty good. Just got done with the first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                          The Ganondorf actor does well. I like the series after 4 episodes; it's surprisingly gritty, almost teeters between a farce and a serious crime drama. Spoiler:
                          The guy that plays Ganondorf is actually the director of the whole thing, It
                          doesn't come as a surprise for him to be having such great charisma. There's
                          also a few videos where most of the actors participate in comic conventions,
                          and you could tell the guys that plays Ganondorf is the head of the whole
                          project, I believe his name is "Matthew Mercer".

Wario & Luigi are great actors as well in my opinion, I find Wario's role to be
                          pretty creative under "Kyle Hebert" who's voice lots of Anime & Game
                          characters in the past such as Ryu (SFIV) & Kamina (Gurren Lagann)
                          and so much others as well. You can tell he's had lots of experience.

You can find out what other characters he voiced at his website.

Can't wait to see the next up-coming episodes...Kirby was creepy...G&W's
                          inclusion was hilarious.
                          Last edited by Kaneco; 07-21-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I actually found that out a little while ago, that the director turns out to be a capable actor. You forgot to mention that Mercer's also Kirby. I do think Wario's role is interesting and well played.

Comment

Episode 7 is up.

Comment

Working...
                              X