No announcement yet.

I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was looking for work earlier in the year without much success.
    The work that I've been applying for (lab researcher) usually comes around once a year in October/November. I had a few interviews last year, but was always let down by experience.

I did some work experience (gratis) to buff the resume, and hopefully this next cycle I can find a job - or I get a scholarship and can start a PhD.

Is there any way you can do free work to get experience that would make you more attractive to employers?

And just on the earlier topic - Gillard and Abbott both seem hopeless. The ICT debate with Conroy and the shadow minister was pretty embarassing - Ludlam of the Greens slaughtered them both. I'll be voting Sex Party in the senate, and probably greens for the house of reps.
    sigpic

Comment

• ^ I'd pretty much vote for the same thing TheSelfishGene. Mostly because Tony Abbott and Julia Gillard are both against same-sex marriage. I've read somewhere that Gillard is also planning to prevent same-sex couples in Australia from getting married overseas! (The nerve of that woman!!!)

Comment

• Is there any way you can do free work to get experience that would make you more attractive to employers?
        That is usually guised under the idea of "volunteer work," which, depending on your field, can be quite beneficial and make you appear to be more marketable on paper. If I were you, I would probably make an effort to get an internship with one of the companies you're interested in, and then there is the possibility they would keep you on as an associate or whatever once the internship is over (pending they have an opening and they liked the way you worked, of course).

But yeah...Volunteering/Internships = Free Slave. You pretty much do whatever they need and want you to do for nothing, but the sheer satisfaction of doing it.

Fucking kitten chewed through the chords of a $100+ set of headphones.
        Oh, have I been there, my friend. My cat was probably a little less than a year old when she decided to chew the cord of one of my speakers. I grabbed her and the mess of wires she made, and kept screaming at her "NO! DON'T CHEW THE WIRES! NO! NO!" She never did it again. That was really the only time she ever did something bad. Aside from that, she's been a very good cat.

Let's see what am I angry about today? Well, for starters, I don't really have anything for dinner because my parents decided to re-tile all of the downstairs, and for some reason, you cannot step on tiles until the grout dries or something...I don't really care. I'm just pissed that I'm stuck upstairs with not really anything to eat aside from cereal and junk food.

I am REALLY sick of my job; I really don't know how some people stay in retail for five years, and how some are even brave enough to make a career out of it. I am literally wanting to bang my head into the wall between dealing with stupid customers or employees that are just too lazy. As a supervisor, it gets extremely frustrating trying to motivate a lazy, sloth-like employee. I just don't have the patience to basically babysit someone to make sure they do their job. I would love to have the power to fire people. Lazy...FIRED! Not understanding after I told you three times...FIRED!

I don't really mind dealing with people...I just don't like dealing with them on the level I have to. I would like to deal with educated people; people who I don't have to explain something more than twice and they get it.

The silver lining to all this is I did start handing my resume out and about, so hopefully, I'll be getting some calls in the near future.

|AA|
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
          I was looking for work earlier in the year without much success.
          The work that I've been applying for (lab researcher) usually comes around once a year in October/November. I had a few interviews last year, but was always let down by experience.

I did some work experience (gratis) to buff the resume, and hopefully this next cycle I can find a job - or I get a scholarship and can start a PhD.

Is there any way you can do free work to get experience that would make you more attractive to employers?

And just on the earlier topic - Gillard and Abbott both seem hopeless. The ICT debate with Conroy and the shadow minister was pretty embarassing - Ludlam of the Greens slaughtered them both. I'll be voting Sex Party in the senate, and probably greens for the house of reps.
          It's a good idea Gene however... I've been looking, I actually do charity work as well and do look around for free work and/or internships and have done a bit of free work but regardless of that I haven't really been getting anywhere sadly.

More or less bugs me, as I've been applying for some general office positions so I wouldn't be stressed out over everything and each time I go to an interview they just screw me around. One, the owner of one of the companies went home and the woman who was interviewing me flat-out told me "You're not a young guy, I'm the only woman in this office. So. :/" and it was clear that if the boss had been present in all of the interviews before mine - that they clearly thought they wouldn't get any decent people.

I got home, and a couple of hours later I get a call back to go BACK into the CBD for ANOTHER interview because the boss suddenly changed his mind but by then I couldn't actually get to that second that was suddenly sprung on me.

Another one, was a working interview and I did as much work as I could in the first hour and I heard a couple of the employee's saying that I had done too much work that the person after me wouldn't have anything to do but I still got jerked around during that one, and then trying to find out if I had finally gotten a job...

But onto the subject of the Government parties... Yeah, they really are - we'll probably be following through the same way on the voting or just paying the fine for not voting.

Apocalypse, we heard that as well so that's why my family and myself are either going to vote with how
          sigpic
          Non-blurry Signature Version
          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
            Apocalypse, we heard that as well so that's why my family and myself are either going to vote with how
            "Vote with how"? Can you please explain what you mean by "Vote with how"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse View Post
              "Vote with how"? Can you please explain what you mean by "Vote with how"?
              Sorry, was kinda of sleepy when I was writing that and hit the enter button by accident. ;

"Vote with how it was put before. Though Gene's way is probably what we'll do instead of getting the crappy fine."
              sigpic

Comment

• ^ Oh okay then.

Comment

• I'm angry because my father dropped and broke my TV when he was messing around with the cables at the back, and this is because my mother wouldn't keep her face shut and stop nagging at him to fix it.

Why is it these things only happen when I'm trying to save?

Comment

• Twist, that really sucks mate.

My Uncle did the same thing to me, which was then followed by my Father taking apart the good old first gen PS1 leaving parts scattered around the house refusing to put it back together until the other television was replaced as they wouldn't let me play it on the "main" television.

At the moment, I'm pissed off as I've been transcribing Japanese from some stuff so I can have some text backups before I write up my translations and for some reason the characters have suddenly started flipping 90 degrees to the left... so I'm sitting here with a group of normal characters and then half way down they're flipped sideways!

Not very happy, considering I had to re-write everything out again after having to look for the kanji out of character sets on my laptop.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I'm pissed because some random stupid person decided to crash his car with mine. It wasn't severe but I hate looking at my car and watch this big ass dent on it... At least I got some money from the dude to fix it (both him and I weren't insured).

MEH.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                        I'm pissed because some random stupid person decided to crash his car with mine. It wasn't severe but I hate looking at my car and watch this big ass dent on it... At least I got some money from the dude to fix it (both him and I weren't insured).

MEH.
                        What's the law like about insurance in Mexico? In the UK you have to have insurance to drive the car.

I have the worst hangover ever. I went to Gay Pride yesterday to show my support (will upload photos sometime, have some great pics, one with two drag queens), and there was a tent for a Spanish restaurant in town called La Tasca. I'd already drank a fair bit before I even went to Pride (a pitcher of Sangria, 2 vodka shots, smirnoff ice), and I couldn't pull myself away from this tent. Because we were joking around with the guys at the stand and kept buying it, he was giving us these massive glasses (easily equivalent to a pitcher) for £3. They were supposed to be at least £9, and if you go to the restaurant, £15. So we just drank Sangria for hours (proper Sangria, very high red wine and barcadi content), until I was absolutely shitfaced and could hardly stand up. After dancing for another hour or so (I was going to leave but that guy who used to be in Phixx came on and started doing Lady GaGa so I couldn't leave with GaGa on), I walked across the park to a pub across the road, bursting for a pee. The gents loos were clearly highlighted but the ladies weren't, so I was frantically searching for the ladies loos. By the time I found them, it was too late and I had already peed myself. I then went home and vomited 4 times.

Since then, I've drank about 3L of water and I've hardly even had to go pee, which shows how dehydrated I must have been. I woke up 3 hours ago with an absolutely banging headache. I never normally drink and this has definitely put me off it in future.

Moral?
                        Never be tempted by cheap Sangria.

Comment

• I was gonna make a joke about how many hot lesbian girls you made out with...but damn. That does not sound like a good night. Well, no. A good night with a crappy end and the morning from hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            I was gonna make a joke about how many hot lesbian girls you made out with...but damn. That does not sound like a good night. Well, no. A good night with a crappy end and the morning from hell.
                            Yeah pretty much haha. I go to Pride events as a fag hag though, cos I've got a lot of gay friends and I want to show my support, and have a great time to boot. I was suprised at how many kids were there. Even the thought of alcohol or paella now makes me gag.

When I was stood outside the pub waiting for a taxi, I was so drunk I didn't even realise why everyone was staring at me. My mum told me a few hours later when I was sober enough to talk/think that I'd come out of the taxi with it being blatantly obvious I'd peed myself (was wearing light coloured jeans), and I was panicking asking where my phone was and I had it in my hand.
                            Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 09-05-2010, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                              What's the law like about insurance in Mexico? In the UK you have to have insurance to drive the car.
                              Well, supposedly you have to get insurance to drive here too, however, like most mexican laws, nobody gives a crap about them. To be honest, I would like to be insured, but that would cost me A LOT of money, because of my age (23)... I am not careless when driving, so I thought I really didn't need insurance. Good side is that I got the dent fixed, the guy actually paid me to the last cent (it wasn't expensive, like $80 USD/£50) so I guess I'm a lucky bastard

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                              I have the worst hangover ever. I went to Gay Pride yesterday to show my support (will upload photos sometime, have some great pics, one with two drag queens), and there was a tent for a Spanish restaurant in town called La Tasca. I'd already drank a fair bit before I even went to Pride (a pitcher of Sangria, 2 vodka shots, smirnoff ice), and I couldn't pull myself away from this tent. Because we were joking around with the guys at the stand and kept buying it, he was giving us these massive glasses (easily equivalent to a pitcher) for £3. They were supposed to be at least £9, and if you go to the restaurant, £15. So we just drank Sangria for hours (proper Sangria, very high red wine and barcadi content), until I was absolutely shitfaced and could hardly stand up. After dancing for another hour or so (I was going to leave but that guy who used to be in Phixx came on and started doing Lady GaGa so I couldn't leave with GaGa on), I walked across the park to a pub across the road, bursting for a pee. The gents loos were clearly highlighted but the ladies weren't, so I was frantically searching for the ladies loos. By the time I found them, it was too late and I had already peed myself. I then went home and vomited 4 times.

Since then, I've drank about 3L of water and I've hardly even had to go pee, which shows how dehydrated I must have been. I woke up 3 hours ago with an absolutely banging headache. I never normally drink and this has definitely put me off it in future.

Moral?
                              Never be tempted by cheap Sangria.
                              Now that's a wild night! Combine several types of drinks = EPIC HANGOVER.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• I remember my experience with homemade, gallon-jug Sangria...quite an obstacle course, that fence-heavy upstate NY campus.

Comment

Working...
                                X