Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Create Your Own 3D RE Game (tutorials)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it, it was Python. It's fully working now

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Mason View Post
      I got it, it was Python. It's fully working now
      Ah! good, good
      I hope the tutorials are clear enough xD i rushed it a bit to get it on this site faster

Comment

The guide it's clear (just need to pay attention when the are a switch between the Edit Mode and Object Mode)

The only problem are the shortcuts, I confuse the commands with the one from Photoshop, Illustrator and Ableton Live, I need more pratice

One question, in your tutorial the models of the room are prerendered JPGs or they are like Dino Crisis 1/Resident Evil Code Veronica/and tohers, realtime 3D but with static camera angles?

Originally posted by Harry Mason View Post
        One thing, what did you use to open the text files with. I opened them with Notepad and it's displaying some funky characters and a little text.
        Just download Microsoft Word Viewer 2003 from the Microsoft website, it's like Adobe Acrobat Reader, bur for .DOC files
        Last edited by SonicBlue; 07-23-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
          The guide it's clear (just need to pay attention when the are a switch between the Edit Mode and Object Mode)

The only problem are the shortcuts, I confuse the commands with the one from Photoshop, Illustrator and Ableton Live, I need more pratice

One question, in your tutorial the models of the room are prerendered JPGs or they are like Dino Crisis 1/Resident Evil Code Veronica/and tohers, realtime 3D but with static camera angles?

Sorry dude, i dont understand the last part, could you type it again for me please?

Comment

Just download Microsoft Word Viewer 2003 from the Microsoft website, it's like Adobe Acrobat Reader, bur for .DOC files
            Thanks

Comment

Sure, I mean, in your tutorial do you plan to teach us how to make a 3D room and use it with a fixed camera (like Dino Crisis 1) or to render a room an then import the JPG image to use as background (like Dino Crisis 2) ?

Sorry my english is not that good, so I can explain that good the things that I mean

Comment

I think Sonic Blue means is the room fully rendered with textures applied to each individual object or is it done as separate 2d textures applied to the walls, floor and ceiling panoramically.
                Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-23-2009, 11:02 AM.
                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Yes lol

Comment

Hey this is cool, thanks for this. You explain the Blender program very well.

I feel a 1.5 urge, think I'll try Spiderman first

Comment

Basicly, i will teach you how to create 2 types of enviroment:
                      the fully 3D enviroment (like dino crisis and resident evil 4 and 5)
                      and a pre-rendered background with a fixed camera angle (like in classic RE and Dino Crisis 2)

Its up to you what sort of camera you want. I will be teaching you how to change the controls for it.

To make a pre-rendered background, all we will need to do is apply a texture of that background onto a flat plane. And when we come to the game engine tutorials, i will show you how to set boundries and collision walls etc..

As for 3D enviroments, i will teach you how to model a room or an outside level and use it with what ever camera type you want. Of course im also gonna teach you how to texture an enviroment too.

the objects in enviroments will be textured individualy, while the pre-rendered stuff will just be 1 texture applied panoramicly onto a flat object facing towards the camera

I hope that explained it.
                      Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 07-23-2009, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Oh very well, I'm a fan of prerender backgrounds

Comment

Mate I've a problem with the tutorial, in the video 12 (@ 0:24) you show how to separate a selection an then with CTRL+N you fill it, but how to keep the selection highlighted after the command "Separate--->Selected"?

Because when I do the separation, the selected area disappear, so I can't fill it with CTRL+N, and this make me rage

Comment

Mate I've a problem with the tutorial, in the video 12 (@ 0:24) you show how to separate a selection an then with CTRL+N you fill it, but how to keep the selection highlighted after the command "Separate--->Selected"?

Because when I do the separation, the selected area disappear, so I can't fill it with CTRL+N, and this make me rage
                            When the selection dissapears after seperating it, go into object mode and click around the area where the seperated object is eventualy you'll select it.

Comment

Thanks

I've solved the problem of "no-working CTRL+N" selecting various parts with the B command and then join the parts to make a unique block

Comment

Working...
                              X