eBay fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay fees

Yeah, I didn't pay them because I'm out of a job. 2 months on from first bank rejection, I had amassed $45 in fees. eBay warned me again and again, and I sent back letters explaining why I couldn't pay, and today I get a letter from some random debt collection agency in the mail. My mother paid, and said this "was a serious strike against my name". She specializes in exaggerating, and it got me thinking: what would happen if I didn't pay up, even now? More letters? Repo?

Enlighten me, please

Think that's bad I owe my training company £3,000 - £4,000.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Fees? What for? Did you buy an item and didn't have the funds, and did you use Paypal or a different payment method? And they couldn't reposess items for $45 worth of fees. I used Bannatynes gym and signed a year's contract, but I was misled about the payments and it led into a dispute and I only ended up using it for 2 months and never used it again. They sent all their threatening letters but I didn't pay it, and I only set up a payment method a couple of months ago on my terms, when I wanted it to go out, with how much I wanted to go out. My dad's not even paying his half and said they can take him to court if they want. They won't. It's too expensive in a recession. These companies will do anything to get their hands on your money, including eBay.
      Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Basically, big fuckers are gonna turn up on your mother's doorstep to repossess goods to the value of what you owe.

Comment

I really doubt they'd go that far, but I don't know what things are like down in Australia. Lloyds TSB tried to charge me £75 for going over 2 weeks ago for something that wasn't my fault (I didn't know if you had your debit card swiped to pay, not chip and pin, they can request it whenever they want, even MONTHS later), and they would have taken £75 out my wages the following day. I went in my local branch, kicked up a bitch fit and they removed the charges. So...

Comment

Had many letters think i'll be getting a court day soon.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
              Had many letters think i'll be getting a court day soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I really doubt they'd go that far, but I don't know what things are like down in Australia.
                  They would, it's what debt agencies are brought in for, to recover the debt. If you don't bother paying them, things escalate and they'll seek repossession orders, which basically means in time, that there would be people on your doorstep.

Comment

Sorry, but you've got me hooked on 'sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit' now...

Comment

I'm gonna see what they say to paying it off in monthly installments after all sending me to jail won't get them any money and as for repossession well I don't own anything of value to cover it. What get's me is i'd be fully paying for a service I haven't had use of yet let alone I haven't used the service at all since December anyway due to the fact I can't pay for it if they bothered to check their records, they only give a fuck about you if your sending them money.

sigpic

Comment

Fees? What for? Did you buy an item and didn't have the funds, and did you use Paypal or a different payment method? And they couldn't reposess items for $45 worth of fees. I used Bannatynes gym and signed a year's contract, but I was misled about the payments and it led into a dispute and I only ended up using it for 2 months and never used it again. They sent all their threatening letters but I didn't pay it, and I only set up a payment method a couple of months ago on my terms, when I wanted it to go out, with how much I wanted to go out. My dad's not even paying his half and said they can take him to court if they want. They won't. It's too expensive in a recession. These companies will do anything to get their hands on your money, including eBay.
                        I sold some shit and didn't pay the listing fees

Comment

Well, seeing that eBay has an Australian office/division, I'm sure they could take it pretty "far" if they had to. Going all repo man on your ass. There are plenty of companies that "buy" people's debt, add late fees and pursue people who don't pay. Having such things on your "record" can often lead to a lot of different complications, like if you try to get approvals for credit at various places or when trying to get loans and such.

@Alexia: Since you've never used eBay for selling something; Listing items on ebay costs you money, and out of the final auction price a certain percentage gets added to your auction listing fees. These are all piled up in a monthly bill/invoice.

Comment

Well, that's fair enough on their part then. I can understand them being pissed if you sold it through them, spent the money you made on the purchase then don't pay them back . Even if you're out of a job, you still have the money you made on the sales and you'd have known that before you put up the items for sale. Your mum's quite right.
                            Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 07-31-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

However, you're still charged if the item doesn't sell. Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
                              X